• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

SGD (Singapore Dollars) actually. Back when I was a customer, shops here usually sell a new retail game e.g Tales of Xillia 2 for SGD 67. 7x or 8x is pretty standard for a Japanese import copy...oh...and I'm working at one of those local gaming shops here in Singapore.

Wait, what? This is local? Shit, which shop are you at bro? I always get turned off by the 100 plus price tags of Jpn imports (made an exception for Xillia back in the day) but for 80 bucks I am tempted to drop the dough for it. (Come to think of it, weren't we suppose to get a Asia version as well?)

I can't figure it out Clay_ghost, I don't remember any shop that labels the region with the prices, haha.

Looking forward to reading some of the impressions here! Big Tales fan (though I always wait for it to come to the states).

I even like the stories, especially when they get dark and have heavy deconstructionist elements.

For anyone following the game, is there any chance of a PS4 port down the line?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Looking forward to reading some of the impressions here! Big Tales fan (though I always wait for it to come to the states).

I even like the stories, especially when they get dark and have heavy deconstructionist elements.

For anyone following the game, is there any chance of a PS4 port down the line?

I think our import base is pretty split on if the PS4 version of the game is happening or not from what I saw.

I think our import base is pretty split on if the PS4 version of the game is happening or not from what I saw.

I hope it does. I don't even really care if there's much of a graphical upgrade. I just want to play it on my PS4 with a smooth framerate.

Aeana

Bleh. Play-Asia's new shipping selector screwed me over. It auto-selects the slower FedEx instead of the faster one, so it looks like I'm still not getting the game until Tuesday. Oh well.

dramatis

Wait. Watching that stream and why the hell
is Rose in Alisha's outfit?
I haven't been following the stream until the middle of that dungeon, but while Kailubouzu was doing side stories, he visited
the elder/chief of Sorey's home village, and the elder called Rose a knight (if I'm not mistaken).
It probably happens during the story. So yes,
Alisha.......
has been
completely replaced as the heroine lol

Wait, what? This is local? Shit, which shop are you at bro? I always get turned off by the 100 plus price tags of Jpn imports (made an exception for Xillia back in the day) but for 80 bucks I am tempted to drop the dough for it. (Come to think of it, weren't we suppose to get a Asia version as well?)

I can't figure it out Clay_ghost, I don't remember any shop that labels the region with the prices, haha.

one of the
Zepy Games
stores if i am not wrong. I could be wrong, there are still individual stores that offers good price :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Shota quoted "second quarter" in his subsequent share off that post. He's even closer to Bamco sources than I am so I'd go with what he says unless there's confirmation straight from the horses' mouth that says otherwise.

(Second quarter could be as late as month 6 of 12)

LuuKyK

I haven't been following the stream until the middle of that dungeon, but while Kailubouzu was doing side stories, he visited
the elder/chief of Sorey's home village, and the elder called Rose a knight (if I'm not mistaken).
Alisha.......
has been

... Wow.

She is Zestiria's Flynn then. lol

Heyt

Banned
My gut tells me that it will be out worldwide before Tales of Festival... I would say late May is very likely.

Jathaine

Any impressions on the story and the characters (without any spoilers).

I'll just give my impression of Sorey. Short and sweet one.
He's the typical Tales hero... but done right this time.

He's got a sense of humor and got that super bros relationship with Mikleo (very heartwarming), he's naive but not dumb. He's also, of course, all about following his moral code and enjoys helping people.
All around enjoyable character but still kind of 'bland'. Written very "safe" but as implied, nothing really to complain about.

raven777

Any impressions on the story and the characters (without any spoilers).

from what I read, early parts were mostly positive. Story is paces quite face, Sorey is quite likable character it seems. Many reactions I have read seems to like it a lot more than Xillia's early parts.

But these are early parts. Maybe it will be bad in the second half? :p

MSMrRound

Wait, what? This is local? Shit, which shop are you at bro?

I think Clay's definitely on the right track. Not a lot of shops in Singapore are known for the orange motiff. I'm at Zepy at Clementi Mall.

So I'm guessing my copy won't ship until the end of the month from AmiAmi since one of the items doesn't release until Jan 29th. ~_~

Rainy

Banned
Alisha.......
has been

I haven't been really keeping up with news for the game but was this known before? That kinda sucks!

Will be getting this once the EU version is released, but looking forward to hearing impressions from the people here vis-a-vis combat mechanics/story/characters. The characters seem likeable from what I've seen and I heard the combat was by the Graces people, which gives me high hopes.

Is the combat party definitely locked to 2 humans/2 tengoku/seraphim? I think i heard something about that a while ago.

raven777

Will be getting this once the EU version is released, but looking forward to hearing impressions from the people here vis-a-vis combat mechanics/story/characters. The characters seem likeable from what I've seen and I heard the combat was by the Graces people, which gives me high hopes.

Is the combat party definitely locked to 2 humans/2 tengoku/seraphim? I think i heard something about that a while ago.

yea I think the party must have 2 humans/2 tenzoku.

Alisha.......
has been

This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

raven777

54C0A0473464090013

I wish I could have bought Ufotable limited edition....

kewlmyc

Alisha.......
has been

Sigh, wish I didn't read that.
Hope there's a good reason for that or it isn't fully true.
Gonna go ahead and abandon the thread now.

EDIT: Spoiler tagged for good measure.

dramatis

Revolting.

... Wow.

She is Zestiria's Flynn then. lol

I haven't been really keeping up with news for the game but was this known before? That kinda sucks!
I went and asked the streamer outright, he says
I'm wrong, that it's just a costume. The elder called Rose something 士, at the time I wasn't sure if he was using in-game jargon for 騎士 (knight) or for something else.
In any case, story-wise
Alisha hasn't been in the party except for a spell at the beginning, whereas all the traveling has been done with Rose and whatnot.
Until more the the story is revealed I guess there's still a chance lol.
Rose......
has
her own set of secrets, she's not a knight but she is actually an assassin.

There doesn't seem to be any attack-type weaknesses, just elements. No dark/light element that I can see.

Torraz

Fucking YesAsia... Didn't ship my preorder and now its at "ships within 7 to 14 days". Definitely will not be using them again for such an order that I wish to receive speedily.

/vent
/firstworldproblems

Pretty much like how they were in the OVA, which is a good thing IMO since both Sorey and Mikelo were great in it.

from what I read, early parts were mostly positive. Story is paces quite face, Sorey is quite likable character it seems. Many reactions I have read seems to like it a lot more than Xillia's early parts.

But these are early parts. Maybe it will be bad in the second half? :p

I'll just give my impression of Sorey. Short and sweet one.
He's the typical Tales hero... but done right this time.

He's got a sense of humor and got that super bros relationship with Mikleo (very heartwarming), he's naive but not dumb. He's also, of course, all about following his moral code and enjoys helping people.
All around enjoyable character but still kind of 'bland'. Written very "safe" but as implied, nothing really to complain about.

Thats good to hear about Sorey.

Alisha.......
has been

NOOOOOOOOOOO
What the hell Bamco.

I'm wrong, that it's just a costume. The elder called Rose something 士, at the time I wasn't sure if he was using in-game jargon for 騎士 (knight) or for something else.
In any case, story-wise
Alisha hasn't been in the party except for a spell at the beginning, whereas all the traveling has been done with Rose and whatnot.
Rose......
has

There doesn't seem to be any attack-type weaknesses, just elements. No dark/light element that I can see.

Thanks for the clear-up, but this whole thing is still bizarre. Really hoping they
don't pull a Flynn

SaintZ

In any case, story-wise
Rose......
has
Oh I see. That sounds less awful. Hopefully
Alisha returns to the party soon.

Soriku

Thats good to hear about Sorey.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
What the hell Bamco.

If you watch the OVA, Sorey just seems like a standard nice guy shonen protagonist. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if he doesn't ham it up with friendship and stuff (wasn't the case with the OVA).

The salt over the supposed heroine switcheroo is amusing lol.

Datschge

Wow, this game...

I'm starting to think this game really, really needs a separate thread for spoilers.
Heavy stuff in there. You can tell it's by Naoki Yamamoto again.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow, this game...

I'm starting to think this game really, really needs a separate thread for spoilers.
Heavy stuff in there. You can tell it's by Naoki Yamamoto again.

shit. Dat. DO NOT DO THIS TO ME. DON'T TOY WITH MY HEART!

Mieu

that plot twist!!! now i know why the character has been so far neglected. :((

any news about the cameo battles? I wonder who are the guest characters now. i hope it's not cless and mint again.

Mifec

that plot twist!!! now i know why the character has been so far neglected. :((

any news about the cameo battles? I wonder who are the guest characters now. i hope it's not cless and mint again.

Jade from Abyss is one of them I think.

If you watch the OVA, Sorey just seems like a standard nice guy shonen protagonist. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if he doesn't ham it up with friendship and stuff (wasn't the case with the OVA).

The salt over the supposed heroine switcheroo is amusing lol.

I can tell Sorey is one that will get serious when the situation calls for it. He may be a simple character but thats not a bad thing at all since he's very likeable with his ambitions and personality.

In any case, story-wise
Rose......
has

I swear if they actually do shun Alicia........

Aeana

You guys... I don't mind talking about spoilers with tags, but you also need to be careful what you respond with without tags. If it gets to be too much, I might recommend a spoiler thread even though the audience is so small.

You guys... I don't mind talking about spoilers with tags, but you also need to be careful what you respond with without tags. If it gets to be too much, I might recommend a spoiler thread even though the audience is so small.

I don't think that would be a bad idea. I think there are lot of people watching this thread who are planning on getting the NA release but don't want to read any spoilers. The thing with spoilers is you don't even need to be explicit about stuff to spoil things. Like responding to spoilered text with not so subtle text that basically reveals what was in the spoiler.

I suppose you could say though that people who don't want to stumble upon spoilers should vacate the thread until the NA version comes out. It's hard to resist reading the thread for gameplay impressions but I will probably end up doing that at some point. Preferably before I end up accidentally reading something big.

Top Bottom