• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

I'd pay A LOT of money for Vesperia to get on PC. I know the PS3 version sailed, but if ToZ does really well on PC, then could be a chance?

Its by far my favorite Tales of game.

At best I could maybe see the 360 version getting ported eventually if Zestiria and Symphonia end up doing well. Even that seems to be far from likely.

R0ckman

Do you mean he is just bland, or he so perfectly encompasses the complexities of a real human being, that in comparison to him the rest of the characters seem like two-dimensional cardboard stand-ups. Thereby hurting the game's consistency and believability by being so impossibly well written?

Lol, obviously the former. I meant he easily falls into the background like the average day person you run into, his bodily design doesn't help either.

Falk

that puzzling face
I actually wonder what's their strategy should Zestiria make bank. Like, go for the most recent games, or go for the most highly acclaimed games. Symphonia actually hints it might be the latter, but even then if it does end up being the 30fps HD port (I know it's been said multiple times, but who knows what happens between now and when it comes out) then the chances of the best version of Vesperia localized and being a thing on Steam are also pretty slim despite how well it ranks.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Alright thanks

so go into items then DLC tab in there? hmm was looking for a tab in the normal menu that said DLC, guess I have to play the intro again and stuff lol...

Also wheres the Alisha DLC? That not come up in the store update? Seen it in the store update in the PSBlog so thought it would be there.
For the Alisha DLC you need to log in the Bandai Namco VIP corner site and redeem the code for free (until November 18):

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner?redirect=false

The Steam code works worldwide, I'm not sure about the PSN codes but I think it works the same way.

Zestiria already has around 60k owners on its first 2 days. With the 93% positive reviews so far, the numbers will only get higher. I just can't see Bamco to not porting other Tales to Steam later. But then again, baby steps guys, just be patience and they'll come eventually.

Hugstable

Banned
Steam? Set V-sync to on, APPLY SETTINGS, then restart the game completely.

It's Destiny 2 as much as Cecil stars in FFII. Let's just forget it was ever called that :(

lol I know! I'm still sad they never even thought about localizing the PSP port T_T

Falk

that puzzling face
Ohh great thanks ^.^, says the PSN code only works in EU territories so I'll just try to find the US site.

Oh, NA PS3/PS4 is the oddball here and you get it from PSN. Other territories on Playstation and Steam worldwide get it from that site.

Yeah, there's just no effort from him. It's miserable.

I'm not sure how to describe it, but so far Mikleo's voice just sounds "normal" to me. I'm not getting the impression of a lack of effort so much as him just sounding less over the top than the rest of the cast so far. I'm also really early in, though, so it could go either way as the game goes on.

Soulstar

Suddenly I'm having a problem with the PC version. It all the sudden started reading the keyboard as a second player and now one of my characters stands around and does nothing. Anybody else run into this problem and/or know of a fix?

Suddenly I'm having a problem with the PC version. It all the sudden started reading the keyboard as a second player and now one of my characters stands around and does nothing. Anybody else run into this problem and/or know of a fix?

You accidentally press ctrl (or shift/alt, can't really remember) on your keyboard. It makes your 2nd player go with manual control. Put it on auto again.

Holy shit! Someone on youtube uploaded the cameo battle in English.
Kirk Thornton and Cassandra Morris reprise their role in Tales of Zestiria. OMG, the spell quote of Mystic Cage in English :D
Wow, definitely looking forward to it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cornbread78, I think it would be useful to have this information in the OP:

jthkFll.jpg

Alisha's Story Additional Chapter DLC (Free until November 18):

Falk

that puzzling face

jthkFll.jpg

He said he would earlier. Busy I guess.

Just started this! I think I am going to enjoy it. It isn't too dense and sprawling for me to play casually like Xenoblade. I think I need a more focused game to keep me focused. Also it's perfect that it is on Steam, I can pick it up and play way faster as I am always on my PC.

R0ckman

I think Mikleo is fine for what his character looks like and the traits I've seen from him (contrast to Sorey), but to each his own I guess. I remember getting sent a message on youtube a couple of years ago getting cussed out because I thought the english voice they chose for Leon in Tales of the World was garbage lol.

MegaPanda

Ha, I love the Elle Mental Marta achievement. Went through the achievements on Steam though and didn't pick up any other references :(

jthkFll.jpg

The PS3 version is listed on a separate page in NA.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0700-BLUS31533_00-AE000ZZ000000008

Stuart444

I think I might have it. You need the game installed before you can download them? I'm thinking so, I get the game tomorrow.

Cause under downloads it says the pre-order mystic artes and Retail pre-order items (vocher) is "waiting to install..."

Guess I'll try this tomorrow.

Ok for anyone who is wondering about this

the PS3 DLC costumes are separate downloads. The VOUCHER is all the costumes together for the PS3 version.

I know it's confusing but that's how they did it. Voucher = costumes for PS4, PS3 = separate downloads for the costumes.

Cornbread78

Updated, TY.

---------------------------

I finally got a chance to fire this up today and it feels pretty good. A couple things I noticed right away :

- music is really good
- battles are pretty smooth
- very colorful
- beautiful landscape
- horrible textures

Blunoise

Thanks for this! Bye where do I get the evangelion outfit dlc?

I use to be a massive Tales fan (was my favourite series), but after Xillia and Xillia 2 sort of disappointed I have been less than enthusiastic about the franchise, so I can't say I'm super excited about this one, but after playing it for a bit and making fun a lot of the dialogue and plot points and silly animations, I still found myself enjoying it.

Tales will always find a way to entertain, won't it?

Holy shit! Someone on youtube uploaded the cameo battle in English.
Kirk Thornton and Cassandra Morris reprise their role in Tales of Zestiria. OMG, the spell quote of Mystic Cage in English :D
Wow, definitely looking forward to it.

Fuck yeah! I was hoping they'd get
Kirk
back.

I use to be a massive Tales fan (was my favourite series), but after Xillia and Xillia 2 sort of disappointed I have been less than enthusiastic about the franchise, so I can't say I'm super excited about this one, but after playing it for a bit and making fun a lot of the dialogue and plot points and silly animations, I still found myself enjoying it.

Tales will always find a way to entertain, won't it?

Indeed. I've played most (if not all) mainline Tales of games and I considered myself a huge Tales of games fan. However, I only actually finished like 5 or 6 of them, Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xilia are the ones that I remember clearly. I easily lost my interest in the series in the middle of my playthrough. It's not the pinnacle of JRPG, but it's not a bad series as well. I knew that Zestiria will be mediocre as usual Tales of games, but I keep coming back to the series. And so far, I'm totally enjoying the game, but I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it.

yami4ct

Grabbed the game today. Been messing around with it on Remote Play and it's perfect. A fantastic way to play a Tales game.

I really dig the art style in this game. It's a good balance between the very cell-shaded look of Vesperia and the grungy Xillia stuff. It's got a nice style. Having a ton of fun with the battle system as well, but that's normal for any Tales games post Graces. Story seems really standard, but not really in a bad way and I'm liking the characters. Can't wait to keep going. This is exactly the kind of game I needed right now.

squadr0n

wow this game looks great in some places. Just noticed the clouds make shadows on the ground when they move in front of the sun.

yami4ct

wow this game looks great in some places. Just noticed the clouds make shadows on the ground when they move in front of the sun.

I really can't wait to see what the Tales teams do if (when, hopefully) they can just focus purely on current gen systems. Sure, they're always going to be budget limited, but their art styles are really strong. That art could look pretty damn great if they just had a hair bit more tech behind it.

Top Bottom