• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Mik leos and Soreys swimsuits are the best, I love that they can be applied right in the first five minutes. Mik leo showing so much leg even. love it.

Battle system seems fun so far, boosted difficulty to moderate so I can have some need to actually attack and defend, may go up to hard.

Persona7

Banned
Mine came in today. Perfect condition and packaging which honestly shocked me.

Wow, I just got my package from UPS right now but I had just checked the amazon page and it wasn't updated yet. Weird.

and yeah, they packed it well with a bunch of air bubble things which is a surprise because of all the damaged packages I get from them.

RPGCrazied

Ok, this is weird. I got an email from gamestop.com with my costume pack code, but the code is longer than what PS4 takes under redeem codes accept. How do I use this, anyone know?

Septimus

Fuck man. I was avoiding this thread until I got my copy earlier today. Had no idea they were blocking streaming/broadcasting. I had it planned with a friend that they'd watch me play while we chat. Fucking ridiculous.

Got my stuff today. wooo

CRzfftiUEAEuNL8.jpg

also got bond movies lol

CRzfo0aUcAIccsG.jpg

19481/20000 I lucked out

CRzfsOqUkAAcl5J.jpg

Set up the figures on display with the CE

RPGCrazied

1111-1111-1111-1111

Fake code obviously, that is what it looks like though, 4 sets of numbers. I don't know where to redeem this. Its not under under redeem a code on the PSN store.

1111-1111-1111-1111

Fake code obviously, that is what it looks like though, 4 sets of numbers. I don't know where to redeem this. Its not under under redeem a code on the PSN store.

I had this issue too. Reverse the codes. They put the walkthrough code where the gamestop dlc code is. the 12 digit one is the the one you want

Dugna

1111-1111-1111-1111

thats weird, I ended up getting 2 DLC codes for the preorder packs from GS dunno why.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Bamco. You fucked up. You gave me 1080 resolution but the anime cutscenes are running in shittastic 720. fucking ruining ufotable for me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can swimsuits he earned in game without buying them?
Sadly, no.

Mik leos and Soreys swimsuits are the best, I love that they can be applied right in the first five minutes. Mik leo showing so much leg even. love it.

Battle system seems fun so far, boosted difficulty to moderate so I can have some need to actually attack and defend, may go up to hard.
I wish Sorey's didn't have that huge shark covering his back. Pretty much the only thing that restrained me from grabbing that DLC, lol.

R0ckman

Hmm Tales main characters are starting to get some funky tropes. Miss the lovable moron honestly. Sorey is okay, but feels like a regular person.

negru08

Neo Member
So I installed it and am using the whitelist but whenever its activated all my programs stop wanting to work? I cant load steam, I cant load my browser..I dont know whats going on.

holy shit ...

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-kit/cid=UP0700-BLUS31533_00-B000000000001716

35 level ups among all the double exp and gald upgrades ..

Although the game still has a grade shop, why would anyone want to buy that, play the game normally first time and if you want to fuck around the second time, you've got the grade shop ..

My general Tales strategy is the opposite. Rush through the game, skipping pretty much everything, get enough grade for the stuff I want (like XP multipliers, for one), and then on playthrough two, I actually take my time, play the story, etc.

Dugna

so classic tales of costumes aren't up on PSN yet? It says I redeemed the content on my Sony account but I don't see it on the store or inside the game.

RPGCrazied

I had this issue too. Reverse the codes. They put the walkthrough code where the gamestop dlc code is. the 12 digit one is the the one you want

That works, but now they are saying all of the costumes are the ps3 version and won't download? Only the preorder vocher and mystic arts worked.

This is really frustrating.

Mivey

Hmm Tales main characters are starting to get some funky tropes. Miss the lovable moron honestly. Sorey is okay, but feels like a regular person.
Do you mean he is just bland, or he so perfectly encompasses the complexities of a real human being, that in comparison to him the rest of the characters seem like two-dimensional cardboard stand-ups. Thereby hurting the game's consistency and believability by being so impossibly well written?

Droplet

Well, played this game for a couple hours. Pretty fun, looks decent and runs pretty well. The village area at the beginning seemed to kind of slow down which made me feel sort of nauseous but once I got out of it it was alright. The anime cutscenes look stretched out, but that's...probably okay?

I have absolutely no fucking idea what I'm doing with the battle system. From what I can guess it's telling me to not keep attacking all the time? But the enemies don't fight back... :(

edit: Some of the item descriptions make me laugh. I remember some of the Graces's descriptions were pretty funny, so even if the story text is boring there's at least somebody who had fun with writing.

RPGCrazied

I think I might have it. You need the game installed before you can download them? I'm thinking so, I get the game tomorrow.

Cause under downloads it says the pre-order mystic artes and Retail pre-order items (vocher) is "waiting to install..."

Guess I'll try this tomorrow.

Dugna

I think I might have it. You need the game installed before you can download them? I'm thinking so, I get the game tomorrow.

Cause under downloads it says the pre-order mystic artes and Retail pre-order items (vocher) is "waiting to install..."

Guess I'll try this tomorrow.

Yeah I have the game and only the voucher part yet it doesn't show any costumes in game, and I've checked for a DLC tab and nothing is in game for it.

So I actually got to put an hour into this, so here are my thoughts:

- Ahhh finally a JRPG on my 1080p screen, displayed at native resolution too. Game looks like a PS3 game, there's no denying that but the fact that I'm not looking at a blurry screen anymore makes me not care about it at all

- Voice acting so far is okay. It works for all the characters shown so far (haven't been many yet but still).

- Remote Play works beautifully and the game runs perfectly on my Vita. Controls work well too.

- Camera gets a lot of complaints but I haven't experienced any of that. Yet.

kewlmyc

Hard might be a little too hard for the first playthough. The
Echidna
boss is stupid hard on hard with her instant kill spell.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah I have the game and only the voucher part yet it doesn't show any costumes in game, and I've checked for a DLC tab and nothing is in game for it.
Did you check the DLC section in the in-game Items menu? There should be a wireless icon on the right, like this:

WIi6Sfm.png

You should be able to activate the DLC costumes in there.

I just got up to when the opening plays. The PS4 version looks to be a good port. The dub seems solid and the protagonists are likable enough so far.

I can't say much about the gameplay yet and I'm still trying to fully wrap my head around how the skill system works.

RPGCrazied

I just hated waiting until close to end game or post game for a costume. Graces F was the first I bought a costume (asbel swimsuit) day 1.

True, but I miss earning them in-game. That was one of the things I liked about Tales back in the day, all the cool costumes you could earn by doing quests or whatever. Now its like, hey just use some cash and just get them. Really kills some of the fun.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Played for about an hour and a half, a bit after the opening. So far, seems like standard Tales of fare but... I really like the characters and the concept. Much more engrosing than Xillia's or Graces F. So far not up there with Vesperia or even Symphonia, but I haven't played much. Graphics, albeit weak, do look clean and nice and are more than serviceable for me. No 60FPS battles pains me but what can you do :p. Music is nice and I believe its quite more complex than previous entries.

All in all, happy purchase. Will keep playing of course, I am a "Tales" fan :p

Dugna

Just steam broadcasting (regarding PC). Streaming on twitch with a PC works.

Alright thanks

Did you check the DLC section in the in-game Items menu? There should be a wireless icon on the right, like this:

WIi6Sfm.png

You should be able to activate the DLC costumes in there.

so go into items then DLC tab in there? hmm was looking for a tab in the normal menu that said DLC, guess I have to play the intro again and stuff lol...

Also wheres the Alisha DLC? That not come up in the store update? Seen it in the store update in the PSBlog so thought it would be there.

matmanx1

Man this game looks pretty all maxed out on the PC. 1080P Tales is definitely where it is at! All I had time for was the intro stuff tonight but I am already impressed and very excited that I can use the Japanese dub.

Here's hoping for a lot more Tales on Steam!

RPGCrazied

Man this game looks pretty all maxed out on the PC. 1080P Tales is definitely where it is at! All I had time for was the intro stuff tonight but I am already impressed and very excited that I can use the Japanese dub.

Here's hoping for a lot more Tales on Steam!

I'd pay A LOT of money for Vesperia to get on PC. I know the PS3 version sailed, but if ToZ does really well on PC, then could be a chance?

Its by far my favorite Tales of game.

Top Bottom