• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Peff

Although the game still has a grade shop, why would anyone want to buy that, play the game normally first time and if you want to fuck around the second time, you've got the grade shop ..

The grade shop is a bit grindier than usual this time, though I imagine by now there are methods to farm grade faster.

holy shit ...

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-kit/cid=UP0700-BLUS31533_00-B000000000001716

35 level ups among all the double exp and gald upgrades ..

Although the game still has a grade shop, why would anyone want to buy that, play the game normally first time and if you want to fuck around the second time, you've got the grade shop ..

I bought it. No regrets. I'm just going to use them as the challenges warrant while playing through the game, but I was kind of amazed how many things were included. This seems to be all of the Level-up and HP-up add-ons that they used to sell in smaller packs with previous Tales games, only with a bunch of other stuff tossed in, too. The double-Exp / Gald / Grade / etc. can be enabled or disabled at will, as they're simply additional battle skills added to the menu. Though they all require 0 AP to enable.

Zafir

So, how does local co-op work on PC? How do I activate it?
I've already set player 1 on gamepad and player 2 on keyboard/mouse but player can't still control another character on battles. I'm still on prologue though.

Go to artes, set other character to anything but "auto" (auto = AI)

Other player can now play.

tip: if the camera gives you issues, make sure you both target the same enemy (and stay close together). MP camera focuses on the enemy while SP camera focuses on the player.
There's an even simpler way to do it. If you press CTRL on the keyboard you can cycle through the three control methods to get to the one you want (ie not auto).

My push to talk is CTRL, so whenever I'm in a call or voice chat, I keep changing the AI to other control methods. x.x

What's the difference in repairing the bridge foundation right away or waiting till night time? Does it have any major effects later on?

R0ckman

How do item drops work in this one? The enemy list says "often drops" but I've been farming and nothing, since weapons have more value in this I'm thinking its worth my time to turn on the monster meat grinder.

Fou-Lu

I liked every Tales game before Xillia except for Legendia (and well, obviously Tempest), but I really didn't like Xillia or Xillia 2. Should I stay away from Zestiria? I very badly want to buy it but the Xillia games are making me so hesitant.

Falk

that puzzling face
For the whole game!? My god, wtf!? Uuuuuugh, I don't want to set up my equipmenttttt. Guess I won't be streaming it today.

Is this like the only ps4 game that perma-blocks share features?

Couldn't get it to broadcast on Steam earlier. Was going to start the game up again and doublecheck and tell you exactly what happens but it's that time on Tuesdays where Steam's offline for a bit.

I mean though, even then, on PC it should be easy to stream with or without Steam broadcast integration

edit: semi-beaten

Stuart444

There's an even simpler way to do it. If you press CTRL on the keyboard you can cycle through the three control methods to get to the one you want (ie not auto).

My push to talk is CTRL, so whenever I'm in a call or voice chat, I keep changing the AI to other control methods. x.x

Yeah (and I think it's select or one of the top buttons on controller) but I usually do it via the artes menu so I can customize artes as needed.

Couldn't get it to broadcast on Steam earlier. Was going to start the game up again and doublecheck and tell you exactly what happens but it's that time on Tuesdays where Steam's offline for a bit.

I mean though, even then, on PC it should be easy to stream with or without Steam broadcast integration

edit: semi-beaten
But I was talking about PS4 streaming.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thank Gaben they can't block Steam screenshots, can't live without them. With the home button + RT shortcut on Big Picture Mode I do it almost mindlessly.

TheFatMan

Pretty cool game so far. The bright colors I'm really digging.

Battle system seems very complicated. So many things to keep track of and use. Kind of find it a bit overwhelming at time. Luckily I haven't hit any hard spots on my chosen difficulty yet.

Rhapsody

Banned
The Seraph characters are so much more fun to play as than the humans right now. Fusing isn't that fun to me. Reminds me of Xillia 2's thing.
How do you get higher artes in this game? Do you just learn them normally or do I have to level up my artes?

Or does the ability Charge Cast give me access (to higher seraph spells) automatically?

Vaettir

The Seraph characters are so much more fun to play as than the humans right now. Fusing isn't that fun to me. Reminds me of Xillia 2's thing.
How do you get higher artes in this game? Do you just learn them normally or do I have to level up my artes?

Or does the ability Charge Cast give me access automatically?

You get artes primarily through leveling your titles and some events in the game.

Kensuke

Or does the ability Charge Cast give me access (to higher seraph spells) automatically?

You get new artes by leveling up titles. They sometimes level up when you level up yourself. Charge Cast doesn't grant access to higher artes.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well you can see the main menu, the problem is when you actually get into the game, it just pushes a broadcasting is disabled screen to steam instead of the game.

Ah, that explains it. Friend was repeatedly requesting broadcast and I couldn't get it to work. (I'm running around ingame)

Top Bottom