• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

BasicMath

Even still, it doesn't give you enough time to turn a corner before the bubble pops, ##!#^!&
Look at the square tiles on the floors. The bubble only lasts a tiny bit more than 2 squares across. So you have to be very close to the edge of the first square you're crossing. Also, the line of sight for the eyes is only 1 square wide and infinitely long if there's nothing in the way.

For everyone else that got through the Water Trial already, I forgot to ask...
There was this one room that I couldn't get through on my first play through. It seemed impossible with the constraints above yet there seemed to be a door at the end of the room. Was there a dead end like that or was it me just not bothering to figure it out?

Cornbread78

You need to activate is closer to the edge of the last safe tile.

Look at the square tiles on the floors. The bubble only lasts a tiny bit more than 2 squares across. So you have to be very close to the edge of the first square you're crossing. Also, the line of sight for the eyes is only 1 square wide and infinitely long if there's nothing in the way.

Ugghh, I had to shut it off for the night. Such a bullshit (frustrating) game design choice. I tried to get to the third floor a kazillion times and gave up before I snapped my DS4. There just was never enough time to get to the next safe spor. I'll try with a clear head tomorrow night, TY.

t26

I finished the game and the story DLC this week, and I was wondering if anyone could provide clarification on two story details.

Ending spoilers:

1. If Sorey and Mikleo are from Camlann, then I don't get why they're only 17 and 18 years old when the Age of Chaos began at least one or two hundred years ago. My only guess would be that time flows at a slower rate in Elysia due to Zenrus' power, but I don't remember it ever being clarified in the game.

2. They made a big deal about how using Sigfried would essentially kill any Seraph that uses it like what happened with Dezel, so I'm not sure why Mikleo, Lailah, Edna, and Zaveid are fine after the final battle against Heldalf.

The age of Chaos began 17 years ago, right after Sorey and Mikleo was born. The book was written by Michael, as to him the last Shepard was 200 years ago.

I finished the game on Thanksgiving day. I beat it and the majority of the side bosses excluding Edna's brother and the Dark Turtlez in around 44 hours. I'd say overall I did maybe an 80% run as I missed a lot of skits, one or two monoliths, and maybe 5-10 Normin. I started using Holy Bottles to run through the dungeons faster at the end, as I was only leveling off of the bosses for the most part.

I would still give the game a 4/5, really solid all around game that starts off just a little slow. I don't think I mastered the battle system in the least because I think the highest grade I got in any fight was 40 or 50. Not sure how you guys are pulling off anything higher than that.

TheTrain

Finished after 68Hrs. Last boss spoiler,
I mean...a DPS rush to kill him? Seriously, that is really poor game design.
That was a long journey but, after all, I really enjoyed it. I'll play "Alisha's story" when the patch will be out, I need a break. :p

The age of Chaos began 17 years ago, right after Sorey and Mikleo was born. The book was written by Michael, as to him the last Shepard was 200 years ago.

Lailah had been traveling with Michael before going into the sleep at the sanctuary, though, and I thought she said she had been sleeping there for over a hundred years.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Anyone know how to get the hot spring event?
There's not really a hot spring event in the game, but a sauna skit. I believe you have to level up an inn enough for it to happen, I got it randomly at either Pendrago or Ladylake. You also need to have
Zaveid in the party by then.

OH MY GOD!!!

This freaking boss keeps healing himself every time I'm close to finishs him... My fingers are tired now so my nerves :/

Cerbures
-_-

Edit: Finally beaten him... This game has A LOT of annoying boss fight :/

Cornbread78

I'd even postulate Water Temple to be the only proper dungeon in the game. I wish it was 2-3 times longer than it was.

uuggh, I got soo frustrated with it, I decided to play Omega Quintet last night. I still can't make it through three squares to move far enough to get up the stairs...

I finished the game and the story DLC this week, and I was wondering if anyone could provide clarification on two story details.

Ending spoilers:

1. If Sorey and Mikleo are from Camlann, then I don't get why they're only 17 and 18 years old when the Age of Chaos began at least one or two hundred years ago. My only guess would be that time flows at a slower rate in Elysia due to Zenrus' power, but I don't remember it ever being clarified in the game.

2. They made a big deal about how using Sigfried would essentially kill any Seraph that uses it like what happened with Dezel, so I'm not sure why Mikleo, Lailah, Edna, and Zaveid are fine after the final battle against Heldalf.

1) I can't really explain it either, your theory is interesting,
I'd assume when Sorey and Mikleo asked her she was referring to when the previous shepard(micheal?) when she was first discovered or took when she took the oath that enabled her to purify hellions

2)
I think the reason it killed Dezel was that he first cut his contract with Lilah making making him susceptible to malevolance and rose was hurt and trapped within the hellion so he couldn't use her as a vessel. Second Dezel was mortally wounded as he took the brunt of the attack from the hellion. Sigfried shoudn't kill them as we see Zavied use it in 2 out of the 3 times you fight him. also with Heldalf defeated the and maltelous freed maybe allowed them to assimilate from pure energy

Bladenic

OH MY GOD!!!

This freaking boss keeps healing himself every time I'm close to finishs him... My fingers are tired now so my nerves :/

Cerbures
-_-

Edit: Finally beaten him... This game has A LOT of annoying boss fight :/

He can do that? I owned that boss in no time, he was extremely easy for me.

I'd even postulate Water Temple to be the only proper dungeon in the game. I wish it was 2-3 times longer than it was.

The dungeons were all pretty bare bones. I think the Water Temple sent me back to the start twice and then I just got careful about where I was going. Never really gave me much trouble. I was worried about it after hearing it was tedious, but that was with in reason.

Knurek

It's weird that Wind Temple tanks my framerate so much.
Just outside, when you have the whole tower in view - instant slowdown with tzfix applied.

Weirdly enough, it's SGSSAA x4 that's doing that. If I disable that, I can go 4kp60 with 60-70% GPU utilization.

How is it that 1080p utilizing SGSSAA x4 looks way better than 4k with FXAA. Way less temporal aliasing.

Fuu

As in you can't have more than 15 of an item?
No, as in you hit a ceiling of overall items owned and you can't acquire anything else unless you use/sell/fuse something to clear space. It's a crapload of items and equipment though, someone will hardly be able to reach it during a normal playthrough.

Finished the game. It was good, the forced sidequest section was pretty dumb though.

Also, Alisha DLC:
It was complete garbage. A souless 11 room dungeon with it ending with 2 bosses you have to kill at the same time. Ugh. It also made me lose almost all of my respect for Rose, she was honestly a complete bitch for almost the entire thing. That, and we have the cliffhanger if you want to call it that with Lunarre.

OMG I've just hit the sidequest section near the end of the game, are they for real? So technically I would have to look every nook and cranny for these orbs? I have 6 orbs, just how many of them do you need of them anyway?

I found the game to be quite good up until now but because of this crap I seriously consider to quit the game for good. Just from your experience, how bad is this section?

Kouriozan

OMG I've just hit the sidequest section near the end of the game, are they for real? So technically I would have to look every nook and cranny for these orbs? I have 6 orbs, just how many of them do you need of them anyway?

Talk to Rose as she will tell about all know sidequests and the locations of the orbs.

KainXVIII

I found the game to be quite good up until now but because of this crap I seriously consider to quit the game for good. Just from your experience, how bad is this section?

Not bad at all, just ask Rose for hints (and if you complete sidequests as they appear, you don't need much hassle)

Cornbread78

So, how important is it to do all the little side stuff (no story missions) that pop up when you talk to Rose like going back to visit Gramps? I mean, I went back and talked to Alicia and they Gramps, but are those there just to add side story, or are they required viewing?

ezodagrom

So, how important is it to do all the little side stuff (no story missions) that pop up when you talk to Rose like going back to visit Gramps? I mean, I went back and talked to Alicia and they Gramps, but are those there just to add side story, or are they required viewing?
The ones that give iris gems are required at a point.

Supposedly Alisha's Story is now fixed based on the latest patch notes.
Tales of Zestiria v1.4 patch notes (December 04, 2015)
4 December - Isshak Gravi
Thank you for supporting Tales of Zestiria on PC. Here are the fixes implemented in the latest patch:

o Fixed rebidding issue for seraph actions in the System menu if the user changes movement key from default '1234' to any key.
o Removed option to rebind START Button.
o Fixed save issue in Alisha DLC: creating a clear save after completing Alisha DLC is now possible
o Fixed save issue in Alisha DLC: can delete a save data from Alisha DLC now

Thank you!

--EDIT--
Seems the patch breaks the 60 FPS mod, but that was probably expected. Up to Kaldaien to fix it.

Also, didn't see this being mentioned here, but it seems God Eater costumes might be out soon? At least details are up on SteamDB:
https://steamdb.info/app/382465/

Interesting how it says "free offer".

Fuu

Supposedly Alisha's Story is now fixed based on the latest patch notes.
Sweet.

edit:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/490123938441506815/#c492379439677494474

Posted by Kaldaien
"Make sure to use the pre-patch version. I found all of the updated memory addresses, but it doesn't behave the way it used to. So that's going to involve a crazy amount of work that I don't want to bother with right now.

The patch doesn't add anything important, so there's no harm in rolling back to 1.3"

Damn it Bamco!
noooo

Paltheos

Phew. I was worried when my game crashed and read I'd have to turn off the mod. There was no way I could go back to 30fps lol. Thankfully I was able to get version 1.03 and roll back.

kewlmyc

http://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/490123938441506815/#c492379439677494474

Posted by Kaldaien
"Make sure to use the pre-patch version. I found all of the updated memory addresses, but it doesn't behave the way it used to. So that's going to involve a crazy amount of work that I don't want to bother with right now.

The patch doesn't add anything important, so there's no harm in rolling back to 1.3"

Damn it Bamco!

How is fixing the DLC gear import not important?

Questions after beating post-game.

How much more powerful does Heldolf get after beating the Hexen Isle? Playing on whatever Normal difficulty is. I think I'm at like Level 110ish but my weapons are pretty shitty.

I have no idea what to do with
unsigned weapons
either.

Phew. I was worried when my game crashed and read I'd have to turn off the mod. There was no way I could go back to 30fps lol. Thankfully I was able to get version 1.03 and roll back.

Just for the heads up, no need for rollback anymore. A new version of the mod is available.
Kaldaien said:
TZFix 1.1.1 is compatible with the 12/4/2015 Patch

• Updated memory addresses for framerate related features
  • Updated memory address for FOVY and AspectRatio
  • Reverted to OLD D3D9 hooking system for compatibility with RTSS
Grab it in the Downloads section here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542500356

Long story short -- there was no major work necessary here. I was in the middle of making key bindings user-defined when the game was patched, so the FPS limit presets were not working. It would have only taken 30 minutes to sort this stuff out otherwise ;)
Future versions will be able to locate appropriate pieces of memory on their own so that I don't have to step-in and release an update to TZFix with each patch.

Falk

that puzzling face
Future versions will be able to locate appropriate pieces of memory on their own so that I don't have to step-in and release an update to TZFix with each patch.

Dude don't do this. This is how Skynet is born. I saw the movie.

ajim

Uh, I feel so lost right now.

I just obtained the second spirtual power (water) and have no idea where to go from here. Running around in circles!

kewlmyc

Uh, I feel so lost right now.

I just obtained the second spirtual power (water) and have no idea where to go from here. Running around in circles!

Go back to the map in the hideout and check there.

Just went to the place where the earth temple is and got easily killed by the Naja there and their stupid casting. Guess I'll do that one later.

KainXVIII

New Tzfix
Version History
v 1.1.2 (12/6/2015)[github.com]
Signature Scanning and Custom Intro Video
Memory addresses for all 60 FPS related functionality are automatically located by TZFix.dll
Future patches will not require a new release.
The intro video can be set to ANY .bk2 file
See [TZFix.System] IntroVideo=... for more details

Paltheos

Just for the heads up, no need for rollback anymore. A new version of the mod is available.

Mucho. I'll get the patch later.

Man, I definitely played for, like, 12 hours yesterday. I'm starting to feel this Tales game, and it's a pretty good one. Just a running thought (heh), the only thing I would immediately change is the default running speed. Max windstepping should be the normal movement speed. This occurred to me when I noticed my fun increase/decrease almost directly proportionally to how fast I could move while playing through the fire trial. Why this hit me full on there? It's mostly a good thing - It means everything else about the gameplay at that point in time satisfied me so I could pinpoint the one thing that felt wrong to me.

I formed a ton of thoughts more about the good and bad in this game (mostly good imo) but as Capcom Cup is about to start, it will have to wait for another time.

Durante

I think I already mentioned that I'm really enjoying the translation for this, but I'd like to reiterate it.

screenshot_2015-12-04v9sh5.png

Bladenic

Beat the final boss the other day finally. Didn't like the final boss fight much (like it was kinda cool and epic but kinda ruined due to the timer) and the ending was shit. Frankly it's near or at the bottom of the PS3 Tales for me. Not even sure I feel like doing Alisha/post game dungeon IMO.

Also got the second MAs for everyone, they're all pretty good but I LOVE Edna's Shooting Stars, especially with her flying in front of the camera at the end.

KainXVIII

Yeah, same question - should i bother with Hexen Island and Alisha DLC? Because i'm already tired of this game. There is same reskin bosses/enemies? And how long is they?

Top Bottom