• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official 360 Thread - Gamertag Roundup

Hammer

I'd like to hop on the waiting list as well. I'll be in some player matches for now.

If there is enough people, maby we could get a second game going?

Cornballer said:
Sorry man, I couldn't get you back in because of the settings.

If anyone wants to play, just send me or Besada a FR.

Its cool. It was a blast playing with you guys though, it actually lasted a long time. To my teammates, sorry for the chatter early on, my friend was curious about the game and I was explaining the game to him

Akujin here, my game froze in a heated battle of dustbowl. :lol

I'm going to head off early, it was great playing with you guys in what will hopefully be a more common event now that we have interested people.

Good playing with everyone tonight. Let's do it again soon. Sorry to those that couldn't get in - we were full most of the time and the lobby system makes it a little tough. We'll figure something out next time.

chapel

Banned
Yeah it was fun. Just finished playing with the remainder of the guys.

Maybe we should post what times we want to play and have a floating system with a few possible hosts. Then we can just keep so many private slots to accommodate and what not. I dont know, I just wish there was a party system, its just easier.

Let's do this again definitely guys!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
TheDancingWatermelon said:
Akujin here, my game froze in a heated battle of dustbowl. :lol

I'm going to head off early, it was great playing with you guys in what will hopefully be a more common event now that we have interested people.

You're the bastard who kept sapping my sentries and backstabbing me on Dustbowl. I hate you. :-(

(even though we did win after you left) :D

crisseattle said:
Great night with ya fellas. Weekly?
I'd be up for it. Might be a good idea to get a couple of rooms going, though. Seems like we always had extras that wanted in, and we could supplement off of our friends lists, as well.
Cerrius said:
You're the bastard who kept sapping my sentries and backstabbing me on Dustbowl. I hate you. :-(
Haha. Yeah, he was wrecking us for a while until we started our shoot-everyone-on-sight policy.

Cerrius said:

(even though we did win after you left) :D

:lol ;)

Hopefully we'll get that patch shortly and can get those extra 4 slots to accommodate more players. Come on Microsoft Certification!

Thermite

Awesome, awesome games tonight guys. Every match was super fun, especially the first one. :lol

crisseattle said:
Great night with ya fellas. Weekly?

Absolutely. I'm totally down with having a weekly GAF game night for Team Fortress 2.

And Quagmire, dude, I'm so sorry for not seeing your message sooner. I didn't notice it until I dropped out of the last game. I feel like such a jerk.. :(

I got to play with a few of you late tonight for a game or so. Medic ownage! Trying to get my Medic achievement currently. I'd love to get a GAF game going again sometime this weekend maybe. Could always use that With Friends Like These achievement.

traveler

Not Wario
That was a fun few games, guys. Too bad Besada's 360 kept freezing up; would've kept playing. Had a nice little flamethrower run somewhere in there.

So, weekly? Or what? The time was fine for me, so long as we stay away from Monday nights and Wednesday nights.

Quagm1r3

Thermite said:
And Quagmire, dude, I'm so sorry for not seeing your message sooner. I didn't notice it until I dropped out of the last game. I feel like such a jerk.. :(

It's fine. I like this weekly idea too. It isn't the end of the world that I missed the 1st of hopefully many awesome TF2 games.

Thursdays are usually good for me, except this one because I agreed to work an extra shift at work. 7:30 or 8:00 is a good time for me as well.

joeposh

Thermite said:
Awesome, awesome games tonight guys. Every match was super fun, especially the first one. :lol

Absolutely. I'm totally down with having a weekly GAF game night for Team Fortress 2.

Yeah, it was a great round of games. That first CTF game was especially intense. Blue squad kept us on our toes with their little tricks (setting up shop in our intelligence room, putting turrets in our base, trying to teleport into our intelligence hallway), but we had fun coming together as a team to keep them from getting that last capture. The capture point games weren't quite as kind to us haha, but I learned a lot of new strategies in the process, and enjoyed the whole thing a lot.

I'm down for weekly, and encourage you guys to add me so we can play on off days as well.

joeposh said:
Yeah, it was a great round of games. That first CTF game was especially intense. Blue squad kept us on our toes with their little tricks (setting up shop in our intelligence room, putting turrets in our base, trying to teleport into our intelligence hallway), but we had fun coming together as a team to keep them from getting that last capture. The capture point games weren't quite as kind to us haha, but I learned a lot of new strategies in the process, and enjoyed the whole thing a lot.

While I agree 100% with the sentiment, I must say that you wrote this in the exact manner that a 3rd grade teacher would.

joeposh said:

I'm down for weekly, and encourage you guys to add me so we can play on off days as well.

Yeah that was a blast. I started off as a scout but when red team had started setting up turrets at that one open spot inside their base, I had to change strategies a bit. Decided to go with a medic at first and we kinda had some success at breaking that 1st line of defense, but once inside the base at the briefcase, I was too powerless to do much of anything, especially with my heavy buddy going down. Ended up playing as a soldier and had much better results. I was getting owned hardcore though by that pyro. He ended up being my nemesis and for a while I couldn't 1 up him, since he was always getting uber'd by the medic. But towards the end(as in before we got disconnected), I was able to exact some revenge at point blank. :D Great times!

That match was the first time in TF2 that I've seen a good defense put up by the opposite team using the least amount of turrets at their base. Caught me off guard, since most players would spam their base with 3-4 turrets. Also, the demoman who was supporting that base was really good. Same with the engineer. I couldn't take him down even with an uber.

I'll try and organize a weekly one on Thursdays starting at 7:30PT just like this week. I guess I'll start signups every Tuesday or something like that. Should be fun.

Please don't let this discourage anyone from playing more often and organizing other stuff!

Sho Nuff

Banned
TheDancingWatermelon said:
:lol ;)

Hopefully we'll get that patch shortly and can get those extra 4 slots to accommodate more players. Come on Microsoft Certification!

Whoa, are they adding more players?

That damn patch was supposed to ship a week ago. Bleaugh

Anyway, i'm running a server of my fatty pipe until it crashes, gamertag McWild, go go go!

joeposh

Captain Glanton said:
I tried to play last night but the match never came up on my list. I'll try again next week.

I believe it was a private match, so you have to add your fellow GAFers and get invited.

chapel

Banned
joeposh said:
Well if I had organized it better at first with the team, we could have made continual runs from your intelligence room because I had a transporter installed there, I just couldn't get another turret built for the ultimate defense/offense.

I honestly think engineers are extremely versatile as far as offense and defense are concerned. The only thing I think is somewhat broken are spies sappers. There should be a limit to them, either time or inventory amount. The fact that a spy can continually sap multiple things over and over again non-stop as an engineer is breaking the sappers off. I understand that engineers are very powerful having an auto-turret like they do, but where is the balance with the spies? No class can detect them when they are in disguise or cloaked, they can infinitely sap things. I guess the way Valve planned it is that the rest of the team has to support the engineer when they are being bombarded, otherwise the engineer is at a disadvantage. It's my only complaint really.

JdFoX187

Banned
Sorry I didn't come in last night after the first freeze. Had some stuff to do around the house. Great games though. We should have a couple regular GAF games throughout the week.

chapel said:
Well if I had organized it better at first with the team, we could have made continual runs from your intelligence room because I had a transporter installed there, I just couldn't get another turret built for the ultimate defense/offense.

I honestly think engineers are extremely versatile as far as offense and defense are concerned. The only thing I think is somewhat broken are spies sappers. There should be a limit to them, either time or inventory amount. The fact that a spy can continually sap multiple things over and over again non-stop as an engineer is breaking the sappers off. I understand that engineers are very powerful having an auto-turret like they do, but where is the balance with the spies? No class can detect them when they are in disguise or cloaked, they can infinitely sap things. I guess the way Valve planned it is that the rest of the team has to support the engineer when they are being bombarded, otherwise the engineer is at a disadvantage. It's my only complaint really.

The spy has weakness, you just have to know what it is. For one, a spy can't backstab you if your constantly jumping around. Even if it connects, you wont die instantly. This action then causes a spy to lose their invisibility or disguise, making it easier to counterattack. Also, a pyro is a spy's kryptonite. if a spy is sapping your turrets, get a pyro in there and have him flame up the area. Once the spy gets lit on fire, he becomes easier to see and take down.

A good spy will disguise himself and stay that way for most of the match. Then, when an opportunity opens up, they unleash their fury towards the other team.

Hammer

Sho Nuff said:
Anyway, i'm running a server of my fatty pipe until it crashes, gamertag McWild, go go go!

Not sure if you're taking an extended afk or not, but the room keeps filling up, and we need the host to start it.

I may hop out in a min, if you return and keep hosting, accept the request or send Hammer0982 an invite please. =)

They should have an option for dedicated servers ala the PC version... or at least remove the input from the host when the room is full.

joeposh

Masta_Killah said:
The spy has weakness, you just have to know what it is. For one, a spy can't backstab you if your constantly jumping around. Even if it connects, you wont die instantly. This action then causes a spy to lose their invisibility or disguise, making it easier to counterattack. Also, a pyro is a spy's kryptonite. if a spy is sapping your turrets, get a pyro in there and have him flame up the area. Once the spy gets lit on fire, he becomes easier to see and take down.

A good spy will disguise himself and stay that way for most of the match. Then, when an opportunity opens up, they unleash their fury towards the other team.

Yeah, that was our biggest oversight in the capture point matches last night, not supporting our engineers. We needed a pyro near by to flush out the spies, because they were wreaking havoc the entire match.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Hammer said:
Not sure if you're taking an extended afk or not, but the room keeps filling up, and we need the host to start it.

I may hop out in a min, if you return and keep hosting, accept the request or send Hammer0982 an invite please. =)

They should have an option for dedicated servers ala the PC version... or at least remove the input from the host when the room is full.

DAMMIT. What happens is that I usually go to bed and start a 2fort set to 5 points, and unlimited time, as a spectator. The last 2 nights the 360 crashed but tonight it reset the room. Dammit, why is there no auto start :(

JdFoX187

Banned
It's laggy because you're playing on shitty hosts. No update in the world, short of dedicated servers, is going to prevent lag with shitty hosts.

Took 20 tries to connect to a random game, hoping thats just due to not many having the patch yet.

So far I've Noticed changes to pyro and demoman, pretty interesting. Are these in line with the PC class changes?

Hammer

Masta_Killah said:
DAMMIT! Shit's still laggy!! ARGH!

I've been lag free since the update. Be sure to log out and back in to get the download though, some games people are joining who don't have the update yet.

Amazingly I haven't froze since either. I just wish they didn't have to reset my stats. =(

Hammer said:
I've been lag free since the update. Be sure to log out and back in to get the download though, some games people are joining who don't have the update yet.

Amazingly I haven't froze since either. I just wish they didn't have to reset my stats. =(

huh? arghh....

chapel said:
What are the changes in the update?
Valve says....
Steampowered said:
A major update for The Orange Box (360) is available now. This second update for the Box primarily includes enhancements for Team Fortress 2. Here's a list of what's included:

* Reduced network bandwidth usage in multiplayer.
* Improved overall game performance.
* Arranged search results to favor preferred host conditions.
* Improved searching for ranked games.
* Addressed a possible false report of too little storage space on larger hard drives.

Just got done with a match. Runs beautifully now, though there weren't that many rooms to join. Maybe its because its early in the morning. I was finally able to stream my music with winamp remote without any lag. Great listening to some trance while dominating in the morning.

Still have hosts who lag, most likely due to a shitty connection on their part. Still, the amount of good 16 player games I've been able to join has jumped dramatically! :lol

chapel

Banned
Played for a long time tonight. Hosted most of it. I can do 12 man games flawlessly but when I jump up to 16 it lags here and there and people get disconnected for some reason.

Played with Quagmire and some other guys from GAF. Some tough games and fun games.

Top Bottom