• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was embarrassing. I was basically batting practice for Doytch's bat, and a pincushion for Pillowknight's needles :lol

We need to create a TF2 Defense Force! Too many people are off playing COD4 and other games. Unacceptable :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm surprised I even stuck around for as long as I did last night.

Well hopefully now that there's a notice on the steam page, the pop-up will bug people into booting it up.

Icy

Banned
fallengorn said:
I'm surprised I even stuck around for as long as I did last night.

Well hopefully now that there's a notice on the steam page, the pop-up will bug people into booting it up.

Yeah I bugged Tekno to post a schedule I came up with.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Last night was embarrassing. I was basically batting practice for Doytch's bat, and a pincushion for Pillowknight's needles :lol

We need to create a TF2 Defense Force! Too many people are off playing COD4 and other games. Unacceptable :(

I think you just said and your Medic skills blow.

"Haha yeah, pretty much. But not as bad as the few rounds where I tried soldier and scout. I kept forgetting to reload 4 rockets :("

I think that's because everyone was pretty much just going after you. I know I was, you were like the lifeblood of your team, once we shut you down we were fine.

Doytch

omgimaninja said:

The bat is fun. You always get a clip of dialogue when you kill someone with it. :D Don't worry though, I beat Javaman's skull in a couple of times too, I'm an equal-opportunity batter.

Twig

Banned
Just finished playing on the GAF server. God Warpath. Does it always take that long?

Went medic on that map and actually did pretty decent score-wise. I have no idea if I was actually a good medic, though. I almost never play medic because I think I suck.

So if anyone was there, how'd I do? I was Twig!

Javaman

Doytch said:
The bat is fun. You always get a clip of dialogue when you kill someone with it. :D Don't worry though, I beat Javaman's skull in a couple of times too, I'm an equal-opportunity batter.

Yeah, Doytch had an uncanny ability to follow me into the darker, scarier recesses of Well where I was trying to build up a tele exit. Between the cap points shifting and Doytch batting 100 I don't believe I got a single useful tele up the whole round.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've killed somebody with the bat, shovel, axe, fists, wrench, bone saw, knife... but I don't think I've killed anyone with the bottle or the machete in a match.

Melee attacks are underrated. :D

Uncle AJ

THURSDAY GET! Do I need to sign up somewhere to make it official or something? (The event description says "check the chatroom," but no one is ever in chat. :/ )

Hitokage said:
I've killed somebody with the bat, shovel, axe, fists, wrench, bone saw, knife... but I don't think I've killed anyone with the bottle or the machete in a match.

Melee attacks are underrated.

Melee-only sudden deaths FTW. Less bouts of "Who's going to be stupid enough to go after the camping engies first?"

Rlan

Saw this shit while playing today:

cheat1.jpg

cheat2.jpg

cheat3.jpg

:(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mo: It's not as good when everyone else is melee. Half of the fun is when somebody has their gun out to shoot you and you whack them in the face instead.

Twig

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Just finished playing on the GAF server. God Warpath. Does it always take that long?

Went medic on that map and actually did pretty decent score-wise. I have no idea if I was actually a good medic, though. I almost never play medic because I think I suck.

So if anyone was there, how'd I do? I was Twig!
Was no one there with me? D: Or maybe no one remembers. Oh well!
Hitokage said:

Melee attacks are underrated. :D
Haha I got a pyro with the bottle once thanks to the help of a medic. But that's about it. I don't use the bottle much! I use the bat all the time, though.

1-D_FTW

I'm surprised TF2 has been so awesome for so long. Those above exploits are what I expect from online gaming. Fucking asshats.

Icy

Banned
Its not so much an exploit as an admin teleporting his team below the map.

I've done and several people have had the end of my teleporting extravaganza. Ask Hito and Java man about being above the map. :D

Or when I teleported Hito in the sky just to fall to his death. :D

Or when I teleported Hito into the enemy spawn :D

or when I.. <insert action here> Hito into <insert location here> :D

1-D_FTW

EDIT: Never mind, missed the above like to the video. I knew this was an exploit since it was occurring on 360, too.

ICY: If you're gonna be banning cheaters, I don't know if Pillowknight ever told you about incompleteunit. I entered a game that was lagging terribly. Asked if anyone else was lagging, and the entire team jumped in to say somebody was using a speed hack. 30 seconds later, Pillowknight said he saw his teammate incompleteunit using the hack to warp around and was asking for admins to kick him. So he should be added to the banned list (along with the dude above... assuming he was on GAF.)

1-D_FTW said:
EDIT: Never mind, missed the above like to the video. I knew this was an exploit since it was occurring on 360, too.

ICY: If you're gonna be banning cheaters, I don't know if Pillowknight ever told you about incompleteunit. I entered a game that was lagging terribly. Asked if anyone else was lagging, and the entire team jumped in to say somebody was using a speed hack. 30 seconds later, Pillowknight said he saw his teammate incompleteunit using the hack to warp around and was asking for admins to kick him. So he should be added to the banned list (along with the dude above... assuming he was on GAF.)
Well im not really sure how speedhacks work. But, I did see the guy zipping around multiple times, as in he was in one spot and all of the sudden he was 10 paces ahead.

Does using Vent have any advantage over in-game chat for TF2? I'm happy with pressing v to talk even though I'm usually the only one talking :lol

firex

I just played on gravel pit and saw some people using that exploit... both teams did it. anyway it's busted beyond belief, although if the defense does it, it's still pretty easy to get past just by the offense doing a scout rush to the top.

1-D_FTW

Guess I won't be playing until the next patch. Although I may give GAF night another try and see if it's more populated than Tuesday.

firex

Oh, I don't know hwy I didn't think of this, but a spy could get past it too. or some rocket/nade jumping... but anyway, that exploit is annoying and can ruin the game, especially if blu does it and they get all their engineers set up so they have sentries covering both spawn exits.

1-D_FTW

omgimaninja said:
Why not until the next patch?

Tuesday night GAF server got full later at night (around 10pm CST)

Cause of what firex is saying. I suppose I could just jump out of any match that involved Gravel Pit (But that's my favorite map.) I've just developed zero tolerance for these types of things.

This obviously excludes GAF night as this is mostly/only gaf members. But I'm sure that exploit is gonna be in nearly every game now and the gaf server is populated by a lot of anonymous guys.

omgimaninja said:
Until Valve fixes the exploit, let's just knock off Gravelpit off the rotation of servers.

Better idea still. As much as I love Gravel Pit, it's gonna be everywhere until fixed.

Icy

Banned
evlcookie said:
Does anyone actually use the vent server?

couple people do. Some people playing some other games and MMOs. No One Major. I use vent in TF2 to bitch about the fucking moron pubs.

Icy

Banned
firex said:
I just played on gravel pit and saw some people using that exploit... both teams did it. anyway it's busted beyond belief, although if the defense does it, it's still pretty easy to get past just by the offense doing a scout rush to the top.

There's no one on the neogaf server?

Talamius

Just came off the youversusyou server...every round on gravelpit someone was underneath the map with a SG (evenly split between red and glu engys doing it).

Apparently now that the exploit is well known gravelpit is going to become a miserable place for pubbing.

Jacobi

Banned
How do you exploit gravel pit? *Scratches head*... And why is no one on the server when I wanna play.... All off to CoD4 ?

Server needs update stat. Gravel pit hasnt been fixed yet...

But there were a lot of things updated :

Source Engine

* Fixed a bug in networking that would cause long stalls (up to 10 seconds) when a split packets weren't be reassembled properly, which forced a full update to the client(s)
* General optimization to tracelines
* Fix for broken .dem file playback
* Added backward compatibility code to allow demos recorded with protocol 12 to continue to be playable under protocol version 13
* When showing "WARNING: Connection Problem", now indicate the number of seconds remaining before an auto-disconnect will occur
* Fixed a bug that would cause NULLNAME to be shown as the player's name in the scoreboard for a short time

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed exploit where spectators could spawn into the world without actually joining a team

Hydro map changes

* Fixed an exploit that would allow players to jump out of the map

Granary map changes

* Cover changes to the first capture points of both teams. Reduces some of the sight lines for defenders, and should make the area easier to capture

* Teams that are holding more points will receive a greater spawn time bonus (spawn timer reduced for the winning team). This should help attacking teams build momentum
* Minor visual tweaks to the BLU side between capture points 2 and 3
* Clipped off a super high (demo pipe jump) perch in the middle area
* Increased base round timer to 10 minutes
* Added windows overlooking the final cap from the capture point 2 building (via new room next to conveyor route)
* Minor changes to lighting in the middle area
* Moved the middle spawn points farther forward (saves 6-7 seconds off a Heavy's run from this spawn to enemy capture point 2)
* Reduced spawn advantage/penalty to a total of -/+ 6 seconds when on the final cap (from 10 seconds)
* Fixed material alignment and model interpenetration issues in home spawn rocket rooms

SourceTV

* Increased default bandwidth rate from 5 to 8 KB/sec for spectator clients
* Increased SourceTV demo buffer size for table class descriptions from 64 to 96KB. Team Fortress 2 was running over this
* Performance improvement for copying unreliable data buffers to SourceTV clients
* Updated the list of events in TF2 tagged for the director to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom