• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Firestorm said:
I didn't want to leave because you kept trying to blow stuff up =( Yeah, you were once disguised as me and I was like "Medic, you're healing a spy" but he stopped before that. Maybe he realized I was shooting at you for a reason.
I love getting healed by an enemy Medic.. but the part I like the most is when they uber me and I turn the other team's color, Just thinking about the look of the player.
I'm really tired but I'm gonna go go in for a few more rounds.. someone's gotta be sappin' those damn sentries.

KimiSan said:
but the part I like the most is when they uber me and I turn the other team's color

You sure about that? I've ubered quite a few spies and I could have sworn they are the normal color (whatever your team is)

1-D_FTW

Edit: Well if Puyo has ubered spies, maybe there are valid scenarios it occurs. I'm assuming it's in desperation and you just pick the first offensive class that's available.

Firestorm

1-D_FTW said:
Wait. What? 2fort is back in rotation?

It was today, yes.

I think you're the normal colour but then turn into your own team's colour if you uncloak? I did see an uber change colours but I might be remembering incorrectly.

I don't purposely look for spies to heal :p But when I'm the only medic and it's an intense area (defending last point on Dustbowl w/the tunnels and up top), it happens >_<

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Firestorm said:
It was today, yes.

I think you're the normal colour but then turn into your own team's colour if you uncloak? I did see an uber change colours but I might be remembering incorrectly.
Yeah, after I take my disguise off. The medic seem to also usually just run when they're on uber.
Can you not attack while on uber with a medic or something? I haven't really played a medic enough to tell.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Couple quick questions, I know this has probably already been answered long ago but I just came into money after finally being able to sell textbooks that I don't need anymore. Anyway!

Am I better off buying the Orange Box at retail, or downloading it off of steam?

The only caveat is this: I have two different computers that I use in the house, and use at different times, and I play games from both. If I download it off of steam, can I install it on both of my computers? Or will I have to buy the retail copy?

Thanks in advance!

Icy

Banned
JohnTinker said:
Couple quick questions, I know this has probably already been answered long ago but I just came into money after finally being able to sell textbooks that I don't need anymore. Anyway!

Am I better off buying the Orange Box at retail, or downloading it off of steam?

The only caveat is this: I have two different computers that I use in the house, and use at different times, and I play games from both. If I download it off of steam, can I install it on both of my computers? Or will I have to buy the retail copy?

Thanks in advance!

You can install on more than 1 PC. But only 1 PC will be able to get on and play at any 1 time.

Cheeto

JohnTinker said:

Thanks in advance!
My preference is to download off steam when it's available. You can install it on two or more PCs, I believe the only limitation is that both installations cannot be running at the same time because you won't be able to log into steam twice at the same time.

firex

KimiSan said:
Yeah, after I take my disguise off. The medic seem to also usually just run when they're on uber.
Can you not attack while on uber with a medic or something? I haven't really played a medic enough to tell.
uber only works while they have the medigun out, so yeah, they can't attack while it's going.

and I must say, dustbowl is pyro heaven now.

Firestorm

JohnTinker said:

Thanks in advance!

Yeah you can download off Steam and install on two. Take the method that's cheaper. Oh, and if you download, use the Steam backup function and install it on the second computer using that. Otherwise you'll have download the huge file all over again.

1-D_FTW

I gotta say, in my limited play time the last couple days, the plugins are doing unwelcome things. You can get on a roll where you're constantly auto switched to the attacking team (which can suck on the meat grinder maps.) Or we just had a map end, go to load a new one, and we load back to the same exact map. And then rock the vote is ignored, so it has to be played again:(

firex said:
uber only works while they have the medigun out, so yeah, they can't attack while it's going.

and I must say, dustbowl is pyro heaven now.

Did they buff it?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Icy said:
You can install on more than 1 PC. But only 1 PC will be able to get on and play at any 1 time.
WhatRuOn said:
My preference is to download off steam when it's available. You can install it on two or more PCs, I believe the only limitation is that both installations cannot be running at the same time because you won't be able to log into steam twice at the same time.
Firestorm said:
Yeah you can download off Steam and install on two. Take the method that's cheaper. Oh, and if you download, use the Steam backup function and install it on the second computer using that. Otherwise you'll have download the huge file all over again.
Thanks guys!
So barring any retails sales going on right now, is getting it off of Steam the better value? IE: Am I missing anything in the retail copy that I would get rather than downloading? (I value my hard earned money, in case you couldn't tell :lol )

1-D_FTW

You get nothing extra with the retail version. They're both played through Steam and have the exact same restrictions. You'll also probably have to d/l a bunch of updates with the retail disc.

Orange Box is on sale at Circuit City next week for 39.99 (Plus tax. You avoid tax on Steam unless you live in WA.) So if you wanna wait 3 days, you could save a couple dollars there.

Firestorm

I want to bind voice chat to the "Back" button on my mouse (Logitech VX Revolution). I can't do it through the regular options since hitting the Back button doesn't register with it. Does anyone know what it would be called on the console or at least what voice is on console? I figure it might be MOUSE4 or something, but have no idea what voice is called.

firex

1-D_FTW said:
I gotta say, in my limited play time the last couple days, the plugins are doing unwelcome things. You can get on a roll where you're constantly auto switched to the attacking team (which can suck on the meat grinder maps.) Or we just had a map end, go to load a new one, and we load back to the same exact map. And then rock the vote is ignored, so it has to be played again:(

Did they buff it?
I don't know. maybe on the servers I play on when the GAF servers are full/empty they did. I just know on dustbowl it's incredible to defend with a pyro. I've done it several times now and I always end the map as an MVP with around 40+ points, maybe longer if it's a really long map (like the final stage). I think it's just that dustbowl's map layout is perfect for being able to ambush people on each stage, so pyro is a lot stronger there than most other maps.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, that round of dustbowl proved that a couple of good medics are better than a sentry. We pulled off a rare successful defense of area 1 without them, and it was almost without losing a cap. :D

Firestorm said:
I want to bind voice chat to the "Back" button on my mouse (Logitech VX Revolution). I can't do it through the regular options since hitting the Back button doesn't register with it. Does anyone know what it would be called on the console or at least what voice is on console? I figure it might be MOUSE4 or something, but have no idea what voice is called.
I have the exact same mouse. I have BACK button simply as pressing "V" key and it works great.

Doytch

Hitokage said:
Well, that round of dustbowl proved that a couple of good medics are better than a sentry. We pulled off a rare successful defense of area 1 without them, and it was almost without losing a cap. :D

Holy shit that round was fun. Robotaholic and I kept firing into their spawn point and just wrecking their shit up. I set a new record for damage done too. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, I spent my time standing on the cap point blasting people at point blank range much of the time. Too bad I only tied my defense record before finally dying and allowing them to take the first point.

Oh wait, we did have sentries protecting the second point... but I'm pretty sure I didn't see any while defending the first.

Firestorm

Hitokage said:

I honestly don't know what my team was doing on that one... I went engineer to get us to the point faster, but I don't think anyone even attempted to cap half the time.

omgimaninja said:
I have the exact same mouse. I have BACK button simply as pressing "V" key and it works great.

Gonna try that now. Did you add hl2.exe as a program and apply it to that in the logitech program?

keiichi

Has anyone been having problems with mics and vista? I've updated my soundcard drivers but my mic volume still seems to be low (ie, others can't really hear me)

Firestorm

keiichi said:
Has anyone been having problems with mics and vista? I've updated my soundcard drivers but my mic volume still seems to be low (ie, others can't really hear me)

My mic is fine on Vista, although it's a USB mic/headphones. Did you go into the Voice settings in TF2 options and turn both voice transmit to high and the boost on?

Cheeto

keiichi said:
Are using onboard realtek for sound?

fallout

2fort is great if you're playing with people who know what they're doing and are moderately coordinated. Otherwise, it's a bore.

Davidion

Geez, the map wouldn't switch from Hydro at all tonight, stayed for a couple of hours and my score hit 120+. Good bunch of people on tonight though, didn't see anyone from the board.

rakka

recently when i play on the gaf servers players bounce all over the place and 90% of my shots dont do damage T_T

"2fort is great if you're playing with people who know what they're doing and are moderately coordinated. Otherwise, it's a bore."

Actually, having played 2fort with people who know what they're doing and are moderately coordinated, it's still pretty fucking boring.

sharkie

Good games with the melee tonight guys I couldn't stop laughing :lol , and I for one have heard the mighty voice of Java tonight oh how magnificent to hear him utter a single word through his dispenserful lips , even if they were slightly sluuurred :p

Javaman

sharkie said:
Good games with the melee tonight guys I couldn't stop laughing :lol , and I for one have heard the mighty voice of Java tonight oh how magnificent to hear him utter a single word through his dispenserful lips , even if they were slightly sluuurred :p

LOL. I had a blast rambling around with you all tonight. I'm surprised anyone could even understand me, let alone from across the seas.

"Come on guys... Hold it...Hold it..."
6qc9k46.jpg

Oh snapples
814vouv.jpg

Jacobi

Banned
It was very nice playing with you guys last night, but although all the gaf vets were mostly in my team, we lost and lost :D

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
those games were nice, first time playing melee only. had some odd kills/deaths because of my latency, but it works surprisingly well with ~150 ping.

<- cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom