• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Richardfun said:
But this entire discussion is now moot, since the venerable and wise Icy has taken it out of rotation :lol

Agreed. It has all theoretical fun. This wise Icy has made it this way.

Cheeto

Richardfun said:
I was just responding to his claim that there isn't a single place on 2fort where a sentry can't be taken out by a lone demoman or soldier. Just don't think that's true :D
No it's very true. You don't need direct line of sight to a sentry to kill it. Rockets' and Sticky grenades' splash damage is more then enough to damage a sentry quickly.

Icy

Banned
Jacobi said:
2Fort is outta rotation, niiiiiiice! And I dont really get your uber²-tactic, icy

I want to no if Medic 2 is healing Medic 1, And Medic 1 is healing whomever.. that if Medic 2 ubers Medic 1, will the uber chain onto whomever?

Btw Icy, I concluded from some of your posts that it's becoming quite expensive to keep up with those two TF2 servers. I just want to throw an idea out there: it seems Central is almost always empty, the reasons for this I don't know, but people seem to prefer East.

Why not turn the reserved slots system back on, so all the regulars can always get a spot on East ( I doubt there'll be more than 24 people with a reserved slot online at any given time), and shut down Central. That way, you cut costs substantially, and the regulars from this topic can still play. And on their favourite server too apparently :D

I don't have a credit card (I know myself too well, and my debts from university are bad enough :lol ). Any other way to make a donation?

JoeFu

Banned
Xizk said:
And can you donate just by using a credit card? Because then I'll make a donation.

He uses the amazon thing. You should be able to.

and.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NO MORE 2FORT. Dghaskf;jasdlfjasdkf happy day.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1-D_FTW said:
Well then they should have had a clan mode you can enable. And a public mode for the rest of us 99 percent.

Seriously, there's three entrances. They all basically lead through the same choke point however. The tunnel is completely useless. Yeah it avoids sniper fire, but so does running under the bridge. So not only do all three points of entry basically converge at the same point, but you have to then run past the other team's spawn locker.
Access:
Battlements -> Bridge Area -> Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Battlements w/ Rocket Jump
Battlements -> Bridge Area -> Sewer -> Back Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Sewer -> Back Lobby
Lobby -> Sewer -> Back Lobby

Penetration:
Lobby -> Hallways -> Ramp Room -> Upper Level -> Spiral
Lobby -> Hallways -> Ramp Room -> Back Stairs
Lobby -> Rafters w/ Rocket Jump -> Upper Level -> Spiral
Battlements -> Upper Level -> Spiral

Also, running under the bridge cover still leaves you exposed as you leave your own base and is out in the open for all to see. When I'm taking a flag back few people are using the sewers so it's clear sailing, and entering a base it puts you slightly behind people defending the front entrance. Hardly useless.

Jacobi

Banned
Icy said:
I want to no if Medic 2 is healing Medic 1, And Medic 1 is healing whomever.. that if Medic 2 ubers Medic 1, will the uber chain onto whomever?
Oh. I think I saw that one time on dustbowl, that once guy made uber by mistake, the other medic kept on healing though and the demo he was onto didn't go uber.

RPhilMan1

Well, to be brutally honest, I really don't mind 2fort. I like the use of intelligence instead of the normal capture points that most maps have.

But I won't miss it too much. And since I am sniper most of the time, 2fort isn't the best sniper map since there is pretty much only one spot to be.

Oh well.

RPhilMan1 said:
Well, to be brutally honest, I really don't mind 2fort. I like the use of intelligence instead of the normal capture points that most maps have.

But I won't miss it too much. And since I am sniper most of the time, 2fort isn't the best sniper map since there is pretty much only one spot to be.

Oh well.

And a poor spot at that. Any sniper, soldier or demoman on the other side of the bridge can force you to hide.

1-D_FTW

RPhilman is a sniper I fear. The only two snipers I know by name: RPhilman and Warcock.

Hitokage said:
Access:
Battlements -> Bridge Area -> Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Battlements w/ Rocket Jump
Battlements -> Bridge Area -> Sewer -> Back Lobby
Lobby -> Bridge Area -> Sewer -> Back Lobby
Lobby -> Sewer -> Back Lobby

Penetration:
Lobby -> Hallways -> Ramp Room -> Upper Level -> Spiral
Lobby -> Hallways -> Ramp Room -> Back Stairs
Lobby -> Rafters w/ Rocket Jump -> Upper Level -> Spiral
Battlements -> Upper Level -> Spiral

Also, running under the bridge cover still leaves you exposed as you leave your own base and is out in the open for all to see. When I'm taking a flag back few people are using the sewers so it's clear sailing, and entering a base it puts you slightly behind people defending the front entrance. Hardly useless.

Yeah. I thought about the sewers being good on the return after I posted.

But I don't see what I'm missing with my 3 points of penetration. You can go through the tunnel, rocket jump/scout jump through the window, or go through the entrance on the ground. But all 3 of those funnel you to the section that's within 10 feet of the other team's spawn room (Which is the general vacinity of the choke point you wanna defend.)

RPhilMan1

Bah, I'm tired of always sitting the East server by myself during the day, trying to get it populated. Where is everyone?

Although I have a presentation at 3:45.

RPhilMan1 said:
Yeah, and that gets annoying after a while.

My point exactly.

Been experimenting a bit with other classes, usually play heavy or medic. Went to the top of the board as a demo right away, and second place as soldier. Fun times :D

1-D_FTW

I need to play demo man exclusively for a day, too. I know a good demo man can wreak havoc. And if I could get even remotely decent at close combat, I could have some real fun with the stickies.

RPhilMan1

Ohhh yeah. All that power gone in a flash.

I just noticed I lead the kills with the sniper rifle, and second with the sentry gun. Damn Java is blowing everyone out of the water as engineer.

EDIT: Holy crap, look at Dustbowl statistics. :lol

RPhilMan1 said:
Right here: http://tf2.ironfist.net/

And the East server, of course.

Rich, you lead in kill assists. :)

Sweet. I am even better than puyo on that list. Suck it, second rate medic :lol

Hmm, I'm 9th on defending a CP, 7th domination. Damnit, puyo beat me out for most ubercharges, damn second place :D

-Edit- Oeh, and 3rd in captures. I find it hard to believe that I'm this good out of over 2000 players :lol

Richardfun said:
Sweet. I am even better than puyo on that list. Suck it, second rate medic :lol

Hmm, I'm 9th on defending a CP, 7th domination. Damnit, puyo beat me out for most ubercharges, damn second place :D

-Edit- Oeh, and 3rd in captures. I find it hard to believe that I'm this good out of over 2000 players :lol

22 hours compared to my 11 hours- suck on that :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, my limited playtime since the last stat reset(and the hiatus before) affects my ranking pretty badly. I have a higher rocket kill per hour than Zero, but since we both weren't soldier 100% of the time it's not an entirely valid comparison.

Of course, I make no claims to greatness in other classes. I'm sorta good as engineer and heavy and passable as medic when I need to be, but I'm not all that great as a sniper, demo, and pyro and I suck as spy and scout.

Then again, I'd be a better heavy if I didn't have so much fun punching people to death. :lol

alu

I couldn't stop playing this game today, and I noticed that I was playing 2Fort the whole damn time. I could play on one map forever. Learned lots about playing the Spy today, for instance that when you recharge your health on an engineer-built thingie, people are less likely to shoot you, which is weird, as they always kept on shooting their own guys to spycheck em.

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
MIA: Davelong. Dave where have you gone. :(

Didn't he just get an 8800gt? He needs to play with us.

We should spam his pmbox.

edit:

rofl looking at my kills per weapon, my bonesaw is 3rd.

WhatRuOn said:
No it's very true. You don't need direct line of sight to a sentry to kill it. Rockets' and Sticky grenades' splash damage is more then enough to damage a sentry quickly.
A lone pyro can kill a sentry in that location, even with an engineer repairing it. 2fort isn't among my favorite maps but im not against it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom