• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
n0b said:
To whoever was on blue while I was raping with heavy: I'm sorry.

I thought this death screen looked awesome:
73a8xw2.jpg
Where we're going we won't need Scouts!

Davidion

Javaman said:
Was that during Granary?

Archie's right, Castle sec. 2.

And I was totally seething for a sec when you took me out with a couple of shotgun blasts when I was defense on that map. I was caught completely off guard. :lol

Hitokage said:
Felt I had enough when my connection dropped again not long after. :/

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks for the help, Archie and Storyteller. :D

Yeah you were having some connection problems, everything alright with that?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, I can't get wired LAN into my room so I have the option of a powerline ethernet bridge, which gets extremely laggy and unstable if there's noise on the building power grid from certain lights, fans, or whatever... or I could use my ibook as a bridge to the wifi part of my network, which is prone to random dropouts.

I left to see if I had various stuff turned off, but apparently it wasn't helping so I switched to wifi. When the grid is clear I can get a pretty dependable connection but some days it just doesn't want to work. :/

Anyone else hate Castle?
I was doing horribly in it, in those games a little while ago. I just couldn't find the right class. I'm usually competent at Heavy but ugh, it just wasn't working for me. So I was trying all the classes attempting to get a feel for the map but that didn't work because I suck at most of the classes.
The map just feels terribly unbalanced.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Storyteller said:
Anyone else hate Castle?
I was doing horribly in it, in those games a little while ago. I just couldn't find the right class. I'm usually competent at Heavy but ugh, it just wasn't working for me. So I was trying all the classes attempting to get a feel for the map but that didn't work because I suck at most of the classes.
Yeah, it's poorly designed. Normally area 2 is a meatgrinder for the attacking team, but we had such a stacked team it didn't matter.

Davidion

Hitokage said:
Well, I can't get wired LAN into my room so I have the option of a powerline ethernet bridge, which gets extremely laggy and unstable if there's noise on the building power grid from certain lights, fans, or whatever... or I could use my ibook as a bridge to the wifi part of my network, which is prone to random dropouts.

I left to see if I had various stuff turned off, but apparently it wasn't helping so I switched to wifi. When the grid is clear I can get a pretty dependable connection but some days it just doesn't want to work. :/

Ooof, good luck with that.

The Storyteller said:
Anyone else hate Castle?

I'm not a big fan of it either; it seems to be horrendously open in most parts and the choke points seem a bit sparse. I don't feel like any part of the map caters to the strengths of any class except for maybe snipers and scouts...but that's just me.

Jacobi

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Good games tonight. "

It was fun but when I was playing late last night with you guys the team I was on was getting slaughtered.
That happened both last nights to me
I blame it on NEWBS, not myself
but seriously why have some people still not realized that there's NO DEATHMATCH MODE IN TF2

"That happened both last nights to me
but seriously why have some people still not realized that there's NO DEATHMATCH MODE IN TF2"

There was a bunch of people I never seen before playing so I don't know if that didn't help but there was absolutely zero teamwork. I had to switch medic even though I've never played it because we had no medic for a while and then we had like 8 engineers so there was no one to really uber or heal per say. It was just bad last night.

Icy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"That happened both last nights to me
but seriously why have some people still not realized that there's NO DEATHMATCH MODE IN TF2"

There was a bunch of people I never seen before playing so I don't know if that didn't help but there was absolutely zero teamwork. I had to switch medic even though I've never played it because we had no medic for a while and then we had like 8 engineers so there was no one to really uber or heal per say. It was just bad last night.

servers have a 4 engineer limit.. and if warcock has his way 1 spy..

"servers have a 4 engineer limit.. and if warcock has his way 1 spy.."

Ya, 8 is an exaggeration but we did have 4 for the longest time, I saw 5 at one point I guess that was a spy, 1 demoman, 1 heavy(i think he might have been spy), 1 scout and 2 pyros. It was just a uncordinated team :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jacobi said:
That happened both last nights to me
but seriously why have some people still not realized that there's NO DEATHMATCH MODE IN TF2
It's called 2fort.

keiichi

Has anyone seen this thing where someone can er.. spectate (for lack of a better word) in game? There was one guy, Wild* that was on the team as a Scout.. even though if you looked him up in the team listing he hadn't picked a class yet.

It's eerie because they just hover around off the ground.

Javaman

keiichi said:
Has anyone seen this thing where someone can er.. spectate (for lack of a better word) in game? There was one guy, Wild* that was on the team as a Scout.. even though if you looked him up in the team listing he hadn't picked a class yet.

It's eerie because they just hover around off the ground.

Yeah, there's apparently some way to spawn as a civilian. Icy pointed out that it's some partial code for "The hunted" game mode coming out soon.

On Dustbowl last night there were 3 or 4 people using it. It's pretty creepy looking. :lol

Yikes, I've got over 100hrs as engineer and I didn't even realize I could rotate building before placing them. :eek:P

Jacobi

Banned
Javaman said:
Yeah, there's apparently some way to spawn as a civilian. Icy pointed out that it's some partial code for "The hunted" game mode coming out soon.

On Dustbowl last night there were 3 or 4 people using it. It's pretty creepy looking. :lol

Yikes, I've got over 100hrs as engineer and I didn't even realize I could rotate building before placing them. :eek:P
How? And do the sentries behave differently if rotated?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
YakiSOBA said:
Hey, nice!
Could someone explain how to edit the config though? I'm not sure where to find it.. and then, do I just copy/paste that over the current config?

if this works my roomate will be so pleased lol

Copy all that text to a notepad document, file > save as > select all files > in the name section type in autoconfig.cfg , save it into your steam folder > steamapps > "username"> team fortress 2 > tf > cfg folder. Make sure you set the file to read only after u do all that, just incase u have -autoconfig set in the TF2 launch properties and even so u dont want TF2 to overwrite any settings.

Firestorm

Is there a button that gives you an idea of the range of your sentry before you place it? Sometimes I get a blue guide that tell me the range but I don't know if it was my doing >_>

Davidion

Firestorm said:
Is there a button that gives you an idea of the range of your sentry before you place it? Sometimes I get a blue guide that tell me the range but I don't know if it was my doing >_>

I always see a guide when I'm about to set down a sentry. Maybe you've been placing them in close-quarters? You wouldn't see the border of the sentry range if it's obscured by walls.

Javaman

Firestorm said:

I've lost mine too. I don't know if Valve removed them, if it's because I'm running DX8 or from some other option. (low details?)

RPhilMan1

The range grid for the sentries should be automatic when you are placing them.

And great uber tactics tonight on Dustbowl. We had three ubers going in at the last section at the last stage. :D

Big-E

Finally got my computer back after a month and was able to play a little bit last night. Can anyone explain to me how you play Warpath. It just seemed like a normal control point game but messages on the bottom said the path to our base has been breeched. Is it any different?

Davidion

Big-E said:
Finally got my computer back after a month and was able to play a little bit last night. Can anyone explain to me how you play Warpath. It just seemed like a normal control point game but messages on the bottom said the path to our base has been breeched. Is it any different?

The canyon under the middle cap point has two caves that lead to a breach point which leads directly to the respective 2nd cap points for each team. I know that a demopack had to be used for the actual breach in TFC but am still not sure how it's done in TF2.

Jacobi

Banned
I haven't seen that. I've played a very funny game on warpath though, when Teknocratic was talking German all the time :lol

Firestorm

Hitokage said:
Something is wrong with these pictures...

I've had that a few times too. Creepier is when you have a mass amount of scouts just floating around like zombies when it's lagging really badly. Had that when playing at school once.

yeb

Javaman said:

:lol In my first week or two of playing, I placed a sentry facing a wall and someone with a mic told me about that. It's only mildly useful for sentries, but corners and tiny nooks are the best places for teleports and people hate facing a wall when they come out.

Another tip: you can jump over sentries or dispensers by jumping, and then hitting crouch in mid-air to bring your legs up. It's always funny to see engineers getting trapped by their own equipment, or spies that are forced to destroy a dispenser that was only set up as an early warning obstacle.

Firestorm

yeb said:
:lol In my first week or two of playing, I placed a sentry facing a wall and someone with a mic told me about that. It's only mildly useful for sentries, but corners and tiny nooks are the best places for teleports and people hate facing a wall when they come out.

Another tip: you can jump over sentries or dispensers by jumping, and then hitting crouch in mid-air to bring your legs up. It's always funny to see engineers getting trapped by their own equipment, or spies that are forced to destroy a dispenser that was only set up as an early warning obstacle.

ohhh jump and then crouch. I always do it the other way around.

Ugh, my friend got the worst kill on me. He was a spy and I was a heavy with Medic. He bumped into me invisible and I as trying to shoot him. Somehow got behind me and stabbed me. I was against a wall and everything =( I was on a killing spree and everything... Then as soon as I die, about 6 of their guys rush in and capture (B in Gravelpit).

Icy

Banned
Firestorm said:
ohhh jump and then crouch. I always do it the other way around.

Ugh, my friend got the worst kill on me. He was a spy and I was a heavy with Medic. He bumped into me invisible and I as trying to shoot him. Somehow got behind me and stabbed me. I was against a wall and everything =( I was on a killing spree and everything... Then as soon as I die, about 6 of their guys rush in and capture (B in Gravelpit).

Spy backstab counts within a 180 degree range of a characters shoulders

I loved how our team was getting slaughtered during the smalll game in Granary. And then a map change and BOOM! I was dominating almost all the neogaffers on the opposing team. Mwahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom