• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I effing love this game. Anyone do any league games or pickup competitive games? I'm always interested in that kind of stuff (Started playing recently though)

1-D_FTW

Server is such a cocktease. We routed the first match on Granary then got destroyed like 5 matches in a row. So excited to see a map change finally occur, and it's back to... you guessed it, Granary.

Time must truly fly when you're having fun. Cause it seems like the maps I'm most meh about drag on forever, and maps like Dustbowl end way to quickly.

EDIT: Well I joined the server on Dustbowl, but that ended before the match was over. So for all I know it was a 10 minute tease:)

Second Edit: And I believe we were close to winning Dustbowl when I died and got auto-switched (On even numbered teams), so just as well. Only thing worse than Granary forever are horribly timed auto-switches.

Icy

Banned
rock2_01.jpg

rock2_02.jpg

rock2_03.jpg

mrpeabody

Javaman said:
I've lost mine too. I don't know if Valve removed them, if it's because I'm running DX8 or from some other option. (low details?)
Range shading for sentries is dependent on some graphics option, I forget which one. Try setting shaders = high.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Icy said:
not really. Wait until you see the finished product. parts of the prison are supposed to be dark and dreary.

Just everything you have shown is always dark. Looks good though, from what i can see :lol

YakiSOBA

Sometimes when I just wanna play x_map, I find a 24/7 server for it.

apocalidiot said:
I effing love this game. Anyone do any league games or pickup competitive games? I'm always interested in that kind of stuff (Started playing recently though)

There are multiple leagues for TF2 right now, but the major one (CAL) isn't open yet, it's still at the registration process.

Most leagues are 6v6, but there are some 8v8 leagues. There are also (obviously) class restrictions depending on the league, ie: 2x everything except medics, heavy, engineers, demomen.

Top TF2 clan at the moment are 'the Doctors', a group from CAL-i CS. 2nd place is arguably the Experiment, and third is Adrenaline Gamers (aG.)

If you watch videos of these guys (especially the doctors) they are just godly... these are guys who play FPS games as their careers :S I remember looking at one of their websites and one of their CS team has made something like $980,000 from tournaments alone in the past 2 years... ugh.

Icy said:
Spy backstab counts within a 180 degree range of a characters shoulders

Which is complete bullshit in my opinion. If I can see the sneaky little bastard, it can't be a backstab. I mean, come on, it's a spy, not Mr. Fantastic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I suspect that it's not where the knife hits, but rather where the spy is when he pushes his mouse button. Once the knife gets into the backstab position, it will kill no matter where it lands.

...that's how you get situations where a spy "backstabs" you in the face.

Yeah, the Rock looks cool.

But what's that about building or repairing sewers or something in one of those screens? Completely new gameplay? *hoping*

Hitokage said:
I suspect that it's not where the knife hits, but rather where the spy is when he pushes his mouse button. Once the knife gets into the backstab position, it will kill no matter where it lands.

...that's how you get situations where a spy "backstabs" you in the face.

Then that's bullshit :lol

Firestorm

WhatRuOn said:
It's actually not that easy to backstab, more often then not, stabs that look right won't count.

BTW, your avatar is awesome.

Yeah. I stabbed this sniper I think 3 times before he noticed and killed me. On my screen it should have been a friggin backstab. Playing with average 100 ping doesn't help. Stupid Eastern server =[

Davidion

Nice looking Rock, Icy.

Does anyone remember what the range of the gas was? Was it the whole map? Also, I seem to recall being able to avoid being gassed to death if you jumped under water, no?

Is there anyway to actually cause a green shroud to rapidly spread over the effective range? That would make for awesome "OHSHIT" moments. :lol

Kifimbo

Davidion said:
Does anyone remember what the range of the gas was? Was it the whole map? Also, I seem to recall being able to avoid being gassed to death if you jumped under water, no?

Whole map. But you were safe underwater and you could find a suit to protect you.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Alright, some few great games and a few not great games tonight. Last game on warpath was quite fun, and somewhat epic because of its length.
Also damn you RPhilman for finding me so many goddamn times.
Anyway -- you're probably gonna see a lot less of me now (feel free to cheer) as school starts again.
I'll barely have time to play, not to mention that people start playing when it's 11pm here so unless I just kiss sleeping goodbye.

My mom walked in while I was watching that video and asked, "What are you playing?"

Also, the map called "The Rock", is that a reference to the movie/location of the same name?

EDIT: Added "/location" so I don't risk sounding like an ignorant moron.

n0b

The Storyteller said:
It was pretty awesome.
I love Warpath, but its only fun if your in the mood for epic, long matches, that feel like they go on forever.
Yeah, that one felt good because we actually won the epic struggle instead of time running out or the map switching.

Cheeto

Anyone with mapping experience have spare time? I have a map that is laid out for the most part, but it's my first map and some of the heights aren't right. The model viewer doesn't seem to want to work with my computer so there aren't any props on it. Anyone feel like lending a hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom