• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPhilMan1

I personally love CTF. It is a nice change to the never-ending capture points...

On that note, I wish 2fort wasn't the only CTF map.

RPhilMan1 said:
I personally love CTF. It is a nice change to the never-ending capture points...

On that note, I wish 2fort wasn't the only CTF map.
The only CTF map I've genuinely enjoyed playing was Turbine. It helped that the matches didn't feel like they went on forever.

Icy

Banned
The Storyteller said:
The only CTF map I've genuinely enjoyed playing was Turbine. It helped that the matches didn't feel like they went on forever.

Turbine is fun. Problem is any maps that reciprocate each side is where the stale mates happen. How often do you get stale mates on a map that both sides are designed differently?

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
Turbine is fun. Problem is any maps that reciprocate each side is where the stale mates happen. How often do you get stale mates on a map that both sides are designed differently?

Exactly. A well designed asymmetrical map beats a symmetrical map any day of the week. It's obviously harder to get it right, but it's definitely preferable. Maps like Granary are cases in point. You don't actually get that many stalemates, but it gets pretty boring quickly.

Davidion

Tonight was a good night for having the enemy scouts beat the shit out of me...one of those nights where you feel like you can't hit anything.

WhatRuOn said:
Anyone with mapping experience have spare time? I have a map that is laid out for the most part, but it's my first map and some of the heights aren't right. The model viewer doesn't seem to want to work with my computer so there aren't any props on it. Anyone feel like lending a hand?

Sure.

Jacobi

Banned
"We are currently working on new maps, and we are planning to release
them as downloadable content for the 360. I don't know what the
schedule will be for that - new maps will likely be released
individually on the PC as they're ready, and then we'll offer them as a
single pack on the 360. We're currently testing a new map that's
extremely fun, and we can't wait for our customers to try it out."

Woooo. From the TF2 360 Thread.

Icy

Banned
Jacobi said:
"We are currently working on new maps, and we are planning to release
them as downloadable content for the 360. I don't know what the
schedule will be for that - new maps will likely be released
individually on the PC as they're ready, and then we'll offer them as a
single pack on the 360. We're currently testing a new map that's
extremely fun, and we can't wait for our customers to try it out."

Woooo. From the TF2 360 Thread.

old news. like 2 months old.

JoeFu

Banned
Icy, where have you been? It's kinda boring playing the same 4 maps over and over again, we need you to let us play the retarded, over the top (melee arena) maps!

Also, when can we play Rock?

ezekial45 said:
That Sniper map was a lot of fun. I usually hate playing sniper, but that map made more inclined to play as them more often.
I was sucking at first but then I started to get into it, but of course when that happened the server changed maps.

Also, that was a lot of fun playing melee only on Castle yesterday. Sorry I left so abruptly, I was disconnected for some reason, and by that time I couldn't be bothered to rejoin.

rakka

The Storyteller said:
Also, that was a lot of fun playing melee only on Castle yesterday. Sorry I left so abruptly, I was disconnected for some reason, and by that time I couldn't be bothered to rejoin.
i think the few of us that were left were all d/c'd, server crash or something i guess

Firestorm

Doytch said:
I don't get how so many people only play a few classes. I get fed up whenever I don't do well with a class and switch :lol

I racked up 12 hours of Medic and got a bit sick of it and started playing other classes more. I still love being a Medic in a good fast-paced game with people I know though.

Davidion

Firestorm said:
I racked up 12 hours of Medic and got a bit sick of it and started playing other classes more. I still love being a Medic in a good fast-paced game with people I know though.

It's great when you've a good offensive front to work with.

I've had some rather disturbing turns as Medic recently where the guy I'm healing completely ignores my well-being. We're talking me literally running loops around some heavy avoiding someone chasing after me and he's completely fixated on other shit.

It's actually made me play medic a bit less as of late.

JoeFu

Banned
I LOVE HEAVY!

SO much fun, but only with a good medic. Pyro too. I had a bunch of fun yesterday as a pyro. Uber Pyros are so amazing.

n0b

Played Quarry earlier. It was pretty, but it didn't really play too well.

Doytch said:
I don't get how so many people only play a few classes. I get fed up whenever I don't do well with a class and switch :lol
I play whatever class is missing, and if there isn't one, I play the one that the team needs most at the time. :) I don't see why people stick to one class all the time.

firex

I either play what helps out the team (though since I kind of suck at medic I don't really play it that much) or a class I really know how to use on a specific part of a map.

anyway that was tons of fun tonight. I don't think I'd ever gotten on the GAF servers when a lot of people from here were playing instead of random people, and that made it a lot more fun.

I try to get better at Spy, but once the enemies catch on and I can no longer do anything, I tend to switch to another class that heeds a certain situation.

n0b said:
I play whatever class is missing, and if there isn't one, I play the one that the team needs most at the time. :) I don't see why people stick to one class all the time.

I get annoyed sometimes when no one on my team is medic, I always feel like I have to play medic when this happens. Which I'm perfectly fine with a lot of the time, because I love playing medic, but when it happens almost all the time, yeah, thats when I start going offensive medic, ignoring a lot of my team mates. I do this mostly on Australian servers. Its always satisfying when I crit a heavy and a medic as they stand on a cap point. :)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
KittenMaster said:
I try to get better at Spy, but once the enemies catch on and I can no longer do anything, I tend to switch to another class that heeds a certain situation.

It's so annoying when the enemy knows there's a spy and start shooting randomly at EVERY person they see. Then you just gotta be cloaked all the time, which doesn't really work. :/

I like the Demoman and Scout the most, but I try to balance the team by picking what I think is needed.

Kraesen

KittenMaster said:

Use revolver as spy if disguise and cloak isnt working, I promise you it is powerful if you learn how to move around and shoot with it. The only problem is the low ammo you have on it. When you get too low hp to continue batteling just use cloak and try to retreat. I have started to use this when it is impossible to succesfully backstab someone.

Jacobi

Banned
Ah, hi firex. Yeah, last night was fun.

But what it killed for me were these really weird lags I've only experienced before when I didn't close a download... My ping was then at like 500, but yesterday it was at 140... And it was unplayable as a demoman (grenades just disappeared). Anyone else got that problem?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Medic is my favorite class, but if I get bored I will switch to Demoman or Sniper. I have no clue how you play just medic, Puyo. D:

BTW, sorry for not replying to your message last night JoeFu. I was in bed by 11. I wasn't feeling good. >.<

JoeFu

Banned
Hitokage said:
Puyo isn't just a medic, he's a medic god... and I really don't exaggerate when I say that.

He still makes mistakes!

But I think it was my fault the other night for not communicating.

Icy

Banned
JoeFu said:
He still makes mistakes!

But I think it was my fault the other night for not communicating.

you fail.. prepare for the TF2 server banstick. You have violated a sacred and holy institution of that which is Puyo, Medic God.

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
you fail.. prepare for the TF2 server banstick. You have violated a sacred and holy institution of that which is Puyo, Medic God.

But I admit it was my fault :(

I blame him for not going to the home depot I work at!

Twig

Banned
Just got off GAF East. I was medic for a while. Urgh I was not having fun. I kept wanting to kill people, haha. But no one else would go medic. ):

Oh well. Demoman is definitely my class of choice. I wonder if I should change my Steam name from Twig to TheOneGuy so people actually know who I am. Nah.

Final version of crossunder is up. http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/41102

Round timer is gone, a few other fixes/tweaks here and there.

85562.jpg

85563.jpg

85564.jpg

The only complaints I have about FPSBANANA is that the sky light source in the first pic doesn't look like it's coming from the sunset, and that the gray floor (first screenshot) doesn't compliment the scenery very well.

JoeFu

Banned
JoeFu said:
The only medics I really trust are everybody from this forum.

GAH random people on the server. I don't like playing with others who don't try to hear what I have to suggest. Oh well.

1-D_FTW

The problem with randoms medics, you can't trust them to uber when you charge into the fray. You charge and are killed. Or they don't uber so you empty your whole clip at the mass you just jumped into, and then you're ubered with no rockets. Although I've had plenty of good random medics, too.

I was having some spikes in the last game (3 times I hung for about 10 seconds.) Gonna assume it was because there was a Windows update downloading and a Steam update that was downloaded when I quit.

I think Granary has replaced 2fort as my least favorite map.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My number one pet peeve is a medic who leaves me guessing as to whether or not he's going to support me with his health gun. This also translates to being in a battle and dying when the medic does one of his random changes. The knowledge that I do not have a medic partner is FAR more useful than random bits of health from a fickle medic.

Oh, and the time I kept saying "uber.... uber please... UBER" then "[Medic name], PUSH RIGHT CLICK NOW" only to finally be responded with "ok, ready for uber?"... that was classic.

Richardfun said:
*sniff*

Everybody is singing puyo's praises. I'm a decent medic too :lol
http://steamcommunity.com/id/puyo/stats/TF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom