• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some more!

22.jpg

20.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

That was fun.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I'd love to play some games but most of you are in the US. Euro am cry...

If any european gaffers wants to add me to their Steam buddies, my username is Mistouze.

Icy, I sent you my steam ID for the european server but I kind of heard it had been taken down. What is the situation on it?

BTW from the few games I played, TF2 seriously rocks. Never thought playing Medic could be THAT fun.

jeremy70583 said:
I think thats on the secret island on dustbowl am i right? We were playing with Noclip
Maps in Source have a "skybox", which is basically a bunch of minimized objects that get zoomed around the main map. If you stand inside the skybox, you will appear giant in front of players in the main map, so it's not really a secret island, heh.

Icy

Banned
Mistouze said:
I'd love to play some games but most of you are in the US. Euro am cry...

If any european gaffers wants to add me to their Steam buddies, my username is Mistouze.

Icy, I sent you my steam ID for the european server but I kind of heard it had been taken down. What is the situation on it?

BTW from the few games I played, TF2 seriously rocks. Never thought playing Medic could be THAT fun.

there's been no Euro server since September.

Icy

Banned
Mistouze said:
My bad, so Prime Crotch was right. It's the link in your tag that misleaded me!

???

The link has 2 servers listed.. 1 says US East and one says US Central?? Where is the euro reference I'm not seeing???

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I am buying Orange Box this Friday, and I wanted to know how well would it run on my GeForce 7600Gs, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz, 2GB Ram, Vista. I prefer to have MSAA2x on, but AF isn't a need. I am happy with a constant 30FPS, no need for 60 until I get a GeForce8800 (or any of the 9000 series when they come out), but I kinda wanted to know so to know what to expect.

JoeFu

Banned
Relix said:
So I am buying Orange Box this Friday, and I wanted to know how well would it run on my GeForce 7600Gs, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz, 2GB Ram, Vista. I prefer to have MSAA2x on, but AF isn't a need. I am happy with a constant 30FPS, no need for 60 until I get a GeForce8800 (or any of the 9000 series when they come out), but I kinda wanted to know so to know what to expect.

I think you'll do alright. I can play on my laptop which has a 1.6 dual core and a 8600gt. I can play on medium with silky smooth results, and when I turn it on high, I'm not sure what my fps is, but it is pretty good too.

Icy

Banned
Relix said:

you'll be fine. there are people runing at 40 fps with low settings on a DirectX8 card running a 6 year old PC..

Icy

Banned
jeremy70583 said:
Haha yeah...i love killing you guys =) Is there no way to change my username/add a signature to let you guys know what my TF2 name is?
Edit: P.S:Icy i really dont like the 10sec max respawn, but that decision is up to you
-ulcajun

fine fine. InsaReSpawn returns!

Eric P

help a noob out.

so i have a machine that can run this well now and i would like to play it.

but the issue is that i haven't played TF since TF classic was bundled in my Opposing Force box and i don't want to walk in and get slaughtered. are there any sites which have good info about the game so i can read up a bit before i just launch hedlong into it?

i'll probably end up playing medic because that's always my favorite class.

Icy

Banned
Eric P said:
help a noob out.

but the issue is that i haven't played TF since TF classic was bundled in my Opposing Force box and i don't want to walk in and get slaughtered. are there any sites which have good info about the game so i can read up a bit before i just launch hedlong into it?

not really.. I mean its all try and fail. and the level off the players on the server.

1-D_FTW

I actually thought the timer servers were better last night, Icy.

Granary was still a route, but it had more to do with team balance. And it wasn't the complete steam roll it usually is. And I didn't notice any other map suffering at all, either. In about 4 hours of play, we only had 2 or 3 sudden deaths (on the sudden death magnet map, Hydro?)

Icy

Banned
I haven't played since I made the changes so I don't know.. I just saw Ulca's timer sucks post and said ok.. insta time! lols

"I haven't played since I made the changes so I don't know.. I just saw Ulca's timer sucks post and said ok.. insta time! lols"

I get the feeling no matter what you do people are gonna be unhappy. :p

Icy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I haven't played since I made the changes so I don't know.. I just saw Ulca's timer sucks post and said ok.. insta time! lols"

I get the feeling no matter what you do people are gonna be unhappy. :p

and I frankly don't care unless it upsets a whole mass of people. :)

Icy

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I always miss the fun custom maps, and every time I vote for them, I get outvoted. CRAI.

thats not a custom map above. That's either Granary or Gravelpits. Its the background area not accessible unless you teleport outside of it.

Firestorm

Wait, instant respawn is on? Or just a little low? I hate instant respawn servers. Some points are just impossible to take with the enemy respawning instantly after every push (ie. the second point of every dustbowl stage).

Cheeto

Eric P said:
help a noob out.

If you were a TFC player, I wouldn't jump into medic expecting a similar experience. There is no infection, no concussion jumps, etc. You'd be better off starting as a soldier, rockets are pretty standard from game to game.

1-D_FTW

Firestorm said:
Wait, instant respawn is on? Or just a little low? I hate instant respawn servers. Some points are just impossible to take with the enemy respawning instantly after every push (ie. the second point of every dustbowl stage).

It was just reduced yesterday. Insta-spawn definitely breaks the game.

Icy

Banned
10 second respawn

10 second respawn.

Hold on let me make it 8 second so we can get a 5 page drama thread on the respawn time

Firestorm

btw we should totally have a spy round where you can only be spies and disguise as the other team's spies. Everyone will look the same except teammates will have a mask on them. Which you can't see until you're in front of them... which is a bit late for a backstab :)

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
10 second respawn

10 second respawn.

Hold on let me make it 8 second so we can get a 5 page drama thread on the respawn time
I demand 7.45993 seconds. Anything more and I will kill you. Anything less and I will kill you.

Haha, like i said, i dislike it, but its not a huge problem. Just when you get defeated, sometimes you will respawn and get killed again before it resets because of the 10 sec spawn.

1-D_FTW

Was the respawn limit really changed to 8 seconds? Dust Bowl seemed a lot harder. We failed at the 1st stage once, barely captured the second time. The other team captured the 1st stage and failed the second stage. 12 seconds would be better.

Better yet, just let Granary be rotten and let the timer go back to default. I rather have a fun Dustbowl then a competitive Granary. Dustbowl is the best map and deserves full glory.

The last game of Granary was a sudden death draw. So whatever the setting is, it's just a grind of a map. Can't really be saved.

1-D_FTW

And I have a question about playing medic. Is the beam stronger when you're closer to the guy you're healing?

The last time I played medic I was standing in the tunnel before granary C and had a heavy die pretty quickly. Quickly switched to a second heavy and he died just as quickly. I had my beam on them from a good distance, but it was definitely on.

Because I was protected from the battle I couldn't see how they died. But I know how hard it is too kill a heavy, let alone one with a medic. So I've wondered ever since how it happened. Does beam distance make a difference?

keiichi

We got our asses kicked but it was fun.

Have a lot of respect for Confidence Man because he switched teams after seeing they were stacked. Thanks dude.

1-D_FTW said:
And I have a question about playing medic. Is the beam stronger when you're closer to the guy you're healing?

The last time I played medic I was standing in the tunnel before granary C and had a heavy die pretty quickly. Quickly switched to a second heavy and he died just as quickly. I had my beam on them from a good distance, but it was definitely on.

Because I was protected from the battle I couldn't see how they died. But I know how hard it is too kill a heavy, let alone one with a medic. So I've wondered ever since how it happened. Does beam distance make a difference?
Nope, the healing beam isn't that powerful. The times you see heavies almost invincible only occur when soldiers consistently miss or when he's at full health(450). Two soldiers firing constant rockets without missing is enough to down a heavy that's being healed, takes about six rockets within a short span though.

1-D_FTW

I guess there must have been a lot of action. I know it takes 4 rockets to kill a heavy with no medic, so I couldn't believe how quickly they were falling.

Cheeto

I asked that question in the server the other night. There was a couple instances where it seemed to take forever to charge someone back to full health, then others charged almost instantly. Both on the same soldier, so it wasn't an issue of how much total health. The only thing I could think of was the distance between me and the person, so I had to ask. Maybe it's just my imagination though.

WhatRuOn said:
I asked that question in the server the other night. There was a couple instances where it seemed to take forever to charge someone back to full health, then others charged almost instantly. Both on the same soldier, so it wasn't an issue of how much total health. The only thing I could think of was the distance between me and the person, so I had to ask. Maybe it's just my imagination though.
Actually, I should mention that people seem to be healed faster the more health they have. Ie, people who have 'red' health are healed slower than people who have white health. I thought it was just my imagination though, might be worth testing.

miyuru

Every time I check the NeoGAF server it's always fucking granary....can we pleeeeeease get more dustbowl? :(

And IMO keep the timer at default. I don't know what default is, but on a map like dustbowl the defending team should have a longer respawn time, otherwise the game is imbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom