• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyrotekniz, the whole idea is to not have the teams be random. Besides, there are enough skillful players on NeoGAF to fill up at least 2 6man teams, probably even 2 8man teams. I didn't even mention Pillow, or Xizk for instance. And there's are undoubtedly alot more I forgot. Can't check my steam friends list right now 'cause I'm not in front of my own pc, but I think you're getting all worked up over nothing :D

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
Pyrotekniz, the whole idea is to not have the teams be random. Besides, there are enough skillful players on NeoGAF to fill up at least 2 6man teams, probably even 2 8man teams. I didn't even mention Pillow, or Xizk for instance. And there's are undoubtedly alot more I forgot. Can't check my steam friends list right now 'cause I'm not in front of my own pc, but I think you're getting all worked up over nothing :D

there's over 40 ppl interested.

Javaman

Sweeeet revenge
6x9p2sm.jpg

Poor engineer.
82m5a9y.jpg

Icy

Banned
yeah its similar to the old dustbowl one with engineers.

You should be able to do a @votekick or @voteban or @kickvote if there's no admins around.

Just bring up your chat box like normal and type

@votekick assholesnamehere

and it should bring up a vote for people to vote on it.

Icy

Banned
I'm uploading like 8 new custom maps. They all were given 9.x+ ratings on some map sites. Once uploaded, I'll hop on and we can play them out

Icy said:
yeah its similar to the old dustbowl one with engineers.

You should be able to do a @votekick or @voteban or @kickvote if there's no admins around.

Just bring up your chat box like normal and type

@votekick assholesnamehere

and it should bring up a vote for people to vote on it.

Icy, a while back you said you wanted to add another admin to the server, and I pm'd you about it. Never got a response, so I was just wondering if you'd already filled that spot?

Icy

Banned
OK. Both servers are down. Doing a quick patch, adding 7 new maps.

Both will have reserved slots on and will mirror each other.

Richardfun has been added as an admin.

Icy said:
OK. Both servers are down. Doing a quick patch, adding 7 new maps.

Both will have reserved slots on and will mirror each other.

Richardfun has been added as an admin.

Do you have a short explanation or list somewhere of the commands available to admins?

n0b

Icy, those .bz2 files just get put into the maps folder as if they were bsps right?

Richardfun said:
Do you have a short explanation or list somewhere of the commands available to admins?
Its just a few simple commands, ask any of the admins in game or through steam and we can help you out, or if you want I can PM you stuff.

Icy

Banned
Sorry my mis explanation.

with the bz2 files you have to decompress them and put them into your map folder.
Winzip and winrar should be able to open them.

TF2/HL2 games download compressed files for the maps and decompress them within the client for a fast download.

Jacobi said:
wow so many ctf maps
i'd like to see a good one once (after 2fort)

Let's hope Valve has a great CTF map for us in store with the next update!

Oh and n0b, I'd appreciate a short PM on that subject, thanks :D

n0b

Icy said:
Sorry my mis explanation.

with the bz2 files you have to decompress them and put them into your map folder.
Winzip and winrar should be able to open them.

TF2/HL2 games download compressed files for the maps and decompress them within the client for a fast download.
Yeah, I knew that source games could download compressed files and decompress them, I just wasn't sure if it would do that if they hadn't been downloaded by the game. I was thinking of decompressing with winrar just to be sure.

Icy

Banned
I am updating crossunder now.

all new castle2 is out

and a new avanti. Once they are uploaded, I'm jumping on.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Whoa whoa whoa, I got a reserved slot back on November 6th (at least I sent the request then).

But I can't get into East at 22/24. Did the slots ever get reset at one point when I wasn't around, or what?

YYZ

Anyone's screen flicker when they die? Like when the camera zooms in on your killer and it says to "press F5" to take a screenshot, my screen is always flickering. I checked the screenshots and they are all clean however. It's just a slight annoyance to see this every time I die. I'm using dual ATI HD3870 cards so I don't think that's the problem. The rest of the game runs perfectly.

The flickering seems to be due to the camera/game being stuck between switching to spec mode and zooming in on the player who killed me.

Icy

Banned
YYZ said:
Anyone's screen flicker when they die? Like when the camera zooms in on your killer and it says to "press F5" to take a screenshot, my screen is always flickering. I checked the screenshots and they are all clean however. It's just a slight annoyance to see this every time I die. I'm using dual ATI HD3870 cards so I don't think that's the problem. The rest of the game runs perfectly.

The flickering seems to be due to the camera/game being stuck between switching to spec mode and zooming in on the player who killed me.

i've never had it.

n0b

Hitokage said:
Sorry, n0b. Was pretty pissed off back there and you seemed to be the face of my troubles. :(
It was really annoying, though its almost a compliment to be doing well enough that I have to be slayed so I don't win. :p

Still, :((( FRAWNY FAEC :( ): :( D: U R MENI :(

You were doing the same to me when I was on defense as a sniper and I didn't slay you. :(

"Anyone's screen flicker when they die? Like when the camera zooms in on your killer and it says to "press F5" to take a screenshot, my screen is always flickering. I checked the screenshots and they are all clean however. It's just a slight annoyance to see this every time I die. I'm using dual ATI HD3870 cards so I don't think that's the problem. The rest of the game runs perfectly.

The flickering seems to be due to the camera/game being stuck between switching to spec mode and zooming in on the player who killed me."

Never had that problem either :/ Sorry.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What made me mad wasn't just you killing me. That's fine, I don't get upset from that. What does make me upset is when my team insists on ignoring the flank and I get repeatedly killed by some lone guy walking to the side.

Javaman

Hitokage said:
What made me mad wasn't just you killing me. That's fine, I don't get upset from that. What does make me upset is when my team insists on ignoring the flank and I get repeatedly killed by some lone guy walking to the side.

You did an admin @slay against n0b because your team wasn't backing you up? That seems awful harsh to me.

Shamrock

Banned
Question, do they allow guest passes for TF2 on steam? I have the game for 360 and love it. However I'm interested in the user maps and more players per server.

I want to check it out first to see if I can get used to the Mouse Keyboard, or even to test how the game handles with a 360 controller on PC. If anyone can let me know if there is a guest pass option for TF2 it would be appreciated.

Icy

Banned
Shamrock said:
Question, do they allow guest passes for TF2 on steam? I have the game for 360 and love it. However I'm interested in the user maps and more players per server.

I want to check it out first to see if I can get used to the Mouse Keyboard, or even to test how the game handles with a 360 controller on PC. If anyone can let me know if there is a guest pass option for TF2 it would be appreciated.

no such thing.

Nicko

Please could my in for the tourney also! Play pretty frequently; best with a soldier/engineer. Play as NickoSwimmer. Thanks!

Shamrock

Banned
Icy said:
no such thing.

Are you saying TF2 doesn't have guest passes or you saying there is no such thing as guest passes on steam? I know steam has guest passes for some games because I have 2 guest passes sitting idle for "The Ship" I can give out right now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, that Honks! team was doing rather well, but we still won. :D

Javaman said:
You did an admin @slay against n0b because your team wasn't backing you up? That seems awful harsh to me.
Well, and he was dominating me at the same time. I was wrong to slay him, regardless of my own personal frustrations.

I need something something to whack/hit/throw in those situations. :(

n0b

Hitokage said:

Well, and he was dominating me at the same time. I was wrong to slay him, regardless of my own personal frustrations.

You could try like I do and just start complaining about your team in caps after every mistake you see them make. :p

JoeFu

Banned
n0b said:
You could try like I do and just start complaining about your team in caps after every mistake you see them make. :p

Or just switch teams.

That's what I do when I'm on a team that just sucks.

Well, I'm back in TF2 after a loooooong break from FPS (read: I suck bad atm), but hopefully I'll get on and play with you guys some after I get back from Japan next week!

Now I better stop drinking and reading forums and go pack...

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:

What map was this on?

I know I just quit in frustration after you had like 3 snipers in that effing corner of Castle and everytime I popped out I'd get capped.

I even got Storyteller to waste an uber on me, but since it was such a long run to get in the corner, all I managed to do was get the snipers to run away and get macheted by you when it ended.

Wanted to change to sniper since soldier was such a useless class in the situation, but it was full.

So I just quit. I figured the next map would be another custom where I'd wander around not knowing where the **** I was supposed to go anyway. Wish custom map makers would clearly label things like the official maps. Between being too large, poorly balanced, sniper havens, etc; I little labeling would be nice.

EDIT: I don't mind Castle. Aside from being a sniper haven and having the timer be a little freaking too long, it's my favorite of the customs. Some of the others, however, just plain suck.

1-D_FTW said:
What map was this on?

I know I just quit in frustration after you had like 3 snipers in that effing corner of Castle and everytime I popped out I'd get capped.

I even got Storyteller to waste an uber on me, but since it was such a long run to get in the corner, all I managed to do was get the snipers to run away and get macheted by you when it ended.

Wanted to change to sniper since soldier was such a useless class in the situation, but it was full.

So I just quit. I figured the next map would be another custom where I'd wander around not knowing where the **** I was supposed to go anyway. Wish custom map makers would clearly label things like the official maps. Between being too large, poorly balanced, sniper havens, etc; I little labeling would be nice.

EDIT: I don't mind Castle. Aside from being a sniper haven and having the timer be a little freaking too long, it's my favorite of the customs. Some of the others, however, just plain suck.

I'll probably be back tomorrow, with admin powers, so we can do specific yes/no mapvotes if we get fed up with a certain custom :D

1-D_FTW

Not if Icy is playing:D He likes the customs.

Starting tomorrow, I'm gonna be gone for a week. Hopefully I won't suck too bad and get back in the rhythm before the tournaments begin.

Icy

Banned
Shamrock said:
Are you saying TF2 doesn't have guest passes or you saying there is no such thing as guest passes on steam? I know steam has guest passes for some games because I have 2 guest passes sitting idle for "The Ship" I can give out right now.

none for TF2. they pretty much stopped that program.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Not if Icy is playing:D He likes the customs.

Starting tomorrow, I'm gonna be gone for a week. Hopefully I won't suck too bad and get back in the rhythm before the tournaments begin.

I like trying new stuff. SNofort was the best fun last night. No one gave a shit about capping that intel. They just wanted ownership of the companion cube. Hell, half the time when people came into our intel room, the intel was ignored. And the companion cube was attempted of being saved by Pillowknight and his minions. lols. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom