• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Jacobi said:
I'd like to participate in some epic GAFery if the time was possible (EU player).
In your team PillowKnight if OK, but the thing I really wonder about is where the hell the new maps are. I have the feeling this is just a cruel, cruel joke.

And Pyrotekniz, what's your steam name?

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Valve said "sometime next week" I believe so according to that article they posted on their wiki, we have to wait 3 months for the new stuff.

SteamID: mystik_boi

Icy

Banned
Jacobi said:
I want to wake up and see a big fat update on the 25th

Ah ok, see ya around

KNowing valve update on christmas eve.. or right before the new year.. or 2 months from now.

Uggh I'm back home with my family and tried to play a quick match ... but this old comp can't handle it. So I'll be out of playing for awhile :(

1-D_FTW

We should probably decide who's all in before drafting teams. Until we know how many teams and how many players per team, it's kind of hard to balance.

Although, if we knew we had one good medic for each team, I wouldn't be against letting them pick teams either.

1-D_FTW said:
We should probably decide who's all in before drafting teams. Until we know how many teams and how many players per team, it's kind of hard to balance.

Although, if we knew we had one good medic for each team, I wouldn't be against letting them pick teams either.

I can go medic or heavy depending on what's needed. Could play other classes too, but there are a whole lot of people who play the other classes better than me. :D

Jacobi said:
I'd like to participate in some epic GAFery if the time was possible (EU player).
In your team PillowKnight if OK, but the thing I really wonder about is where the hell the new maps are. I have the feeling this is just a cruel, cruel joke.

And Pyrotekniz, what's your steam name?
We'll see how the new system goes, but if we just pick teams then yeah sure. Looks like we have enough people for at least two 6 person teams so were set. I could play medic if theres an absence of them but i'd rather not.

New map next week huh holy shit.

Off the top of my hat, my dreamteam:

StalkerU: soldier
Confidence Man: Demo
puyo: medic
javaman: engi
Hitokage or Warcock: sniper
yours truly: heavy

:D

n0b

RPhilMan1 said:
I'll definitely up for this. But could we possibly start a little after the new year? I get back to school on the 6th.
I think we would have to, too many of the good players are off right now.

I'm definitely in, and thankfully my night schedule isn't as full this semester. I play pretty much any class, so I could fill up any spot on a team or if someone likes how I play any particular role I can play that. :p

Icy

Banned
All recent requests for a reserved slot have been added from the past 2 weeks.

Granary is back to the default server setup

Kade

RPhilMan1 said:
I'll definitely up for this. But could we possibly start a little after the new year? I get back to school on the 6th.

Oh and Rich, CAL = Cyberathlete Amateur League.

http://www.caleague.com/

That would be good.I think we should wait until after the holidays since everyone is busy with family and stuff, school is starting again soon aswell.

Icy said:
All recent requests for a reserved slot have been added from the past 2 weeks.

Granary is back to the default server setup

What does it take to get a reserved slot? :p

Icy

Banned
Pyroteknikz said:
That would be good.I think we should wait until after the holidays since everyone is busy with family and stuff, school is starting again soon aswell.

What does it take to get a reserved slot? :p

the ability to read a thread.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I'm totally in if there's gonna be some sort of tourney, as long as it's in hours I can still keep my eyes open.

1-D_FTW

Richardfun said:
Off the top of my hat, my dreamteam:

StalkerU: soldier
Confidence Man: Demo
puyo or The Storyteller: medic
javaman or Pillow Knight: engi
Hitokage or Warcock or RPhiliman: sniper
yours truly: heavy

:D

I added a couple of ors to 3 classes, but other than that, my dream team too. I would have added JoeFu someplace, but I've seen him play a bunch of classes and don't wanna classify him.

1-D_FTW said:
I added a couple of ors to 3 classes, but other than that, my dream team too. I would have added JoeFu someplace, but I've seen him play a bunch of classes and don't wanna classify him.

Yeah, obviously there are people not in this list that I would like to have. Joe is also a good heavy, could replace me :lol

Of course there are also others I would like. Kimi as spy, philman as engi, but we're talking only 6 man teams. However, certain people could easily fill in certain places, such as Joe or philman.

n0b

In 6v6 no scout would be a huge mistake Richard. :p

Depending on how many people sign up, I think it would be nice to go above 6 player teams...low player counts tend to make certain classes much less useful.

Pyroteknikz said:
Bully. Now I know how to do it, I had to dig deep in this massive thread.
or you could have just clicked on the link in Icy's title as a start.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, that list just makes me feel I need to practice with soldier more. Either I've had horrible luck with teams, or I've slipped pretty bad in my performance... probably a little of both. :(

1-D_FTW

n0b said:
In 6v6 no scout would be a huge mistake Richard. :p

Depending on how many people sign up, I think it would be nice to go above 6 player teams...low player counts tend to make certain classes much less useful.

or you could have just clicked on the link in Icy's title as a start.

Really. I was thinking Richard had the list spot on and Spy, Pyro, and Scout were gonna be luxuries in 6v6.

Richardfun said:
Yeah, obviously there are people not in this list that I would like to have. Joe is also a good heavy, could replace me :lol

Of course there are also others I would like. Kimi as spy, philman as engi, but we're talking only 6 man teams. However, certain people could easily fill in certain places, such as Joe or philman.

Absolutely. I just added them cause I don't think The Storyteller gets enough love and PillowKnight as engi and RPhilman as sniper have given me some fits.

"Really. I was thinking Richard had the list spot on and Spy, Pyro, and Scout were gonna be luxuries in 6v6."

A good pair of scouts (or at *least* one) rule 6 man teams. They're the foundation of the team, next to the medic, really.

Icy

Banned
all those interested send me a PM just saying I'm in.

I want to get a rough head count for the amount of ppl. to determine what the optimal size would be for teams.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just hope it'll be 8 people per team or more because otherwise as other people have mentioned, being a spy will be a "luxury".
I guess I don't make a bad Engineer and I'm fine as a scout as well.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
WEIRD glitch that started happening tonight. People started falling through the floor when they died:

7ygfa1e.jpg

71hhaol.jpg

7w735at.jpg

On a less "weird" and more "AWESOME" note, great/funny pics from tonight:

8376cg5.jpg

6lt4rb7.jpg

6wp7y1k.jpg

6lxyfjs.jpg

6t2qi9w.jpg

86y6tfk.jpg

72ldhc9.jpg

6ymelnt.jpg

6xq0e93.jpg

6yfrcro.jpg

8b54ob7.jpg

Crushed said:
WEIRD glitch that started happening tonight. People started falling through the floor when they died:

That's happened to me before. Its weird and awesome. And then it goes away.

Hitokage said:
Heh, that list just makes me feel I need to practice with soldier more. Either I've had horrible luck with teams, or I've slipped pretty bad in my performance... probably a little of both. :(

The last time I played with you (which I dont think was that long ago), you were still one of the better soldiers I've partnered with.

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
all those interested send me a PM just saying I'm in.

I want to get a rough head count for the amount of ppl. to determine what the optimal size would be for teams.

When is this happening?

Icy

Banned
KimiSan said:
I just hope it'll be 8 people per team or more because otherwise as other people have mentioned, being a spy will be a "luxury".
I guess I don't make a bad Engineer and I'm fine as a scout as well.

lol. Apparently you've never participted in a tournament. Crap will be restricted. There are rules to follow.

JoeFU said:
When is this happening?

Soon.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I had this incredibly awesome death cam shot of a red sniper having killed me with a blue spy crouching next to him with his knife out looking up. I forgot to take the screenshot :(

Kade

That glitch was happening since launch I think. It's really random. Anyways, I think the teams should be random, because if people start choosing teams, they'll choose the good people and the other teams will be filled with mediocre players such as myself.

Here are some pics:
5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom