• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

nakedsushi said:
Engie is rewarding to play for someone new since the SG would probably have better accuracy than you would at first, but like someone else mentioned, it takes some playtime to figure out where are good spots to place the gun and teleporter, not to mention where the ammo/metal spawning spots are.

That's definitely true during rounds of Gravel Pit. I've built up defenses so often at cpB that I've got almost a rhythm to it which allows me to get 2 teleporters, a level2 sentry and dispenser set up before the setup time runs out. If another eng starts building in the same area we end up stepping on each other's toes as far as the limited re-spawning ammo pickups are.

Icy

Banned
Anyone who has made a monetary donation at any point, please send me a private message along with the amazon id you got in email when you did it. Also need your name you play on with the server :) thanks!

"Anyone who has made a monetary donation at any point, please send me a private message along with the amazon id you got in email when you did it. Also need your name you play on with the server :) thanks!"

Why so much information if you don't mind me asking?

Davidion

Good games tonight, saw a lot of familiar faces and lots of good playing. Whoever that Won guy was was stabbing people in the face left and right.

What's up with the first round cap in Dustbowl? This is not the first time I've seen it capped in literally less than two seconds where as there was no one there two seconds ago; I blink and it's gone. I understand a scout can do it pretty quick but geez.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Icy said:
Anyone who has made a monetary donation at any point, please send me a private message along with the amazon id you got in email when you did it. Also need your name you play on with the server :) thanks!
the transaction number?

Some good games tonight guys.

This game keeps getting better and better.

Also, the vent server is starting to see some action, so you should all get on there and chat in crystal clear real time!

Won

Davidion said:
Good games tonight, saw a lot of familiar faces and lots of good playing. Whoever that Won guy was was stabbing people in the face left and right.

:lol I blame the ping. On other servers I completely fail as a spy.

Lord Phol

Such a great and addicting game ^^.
Got it as a christmas gift, and it runs mostly great and looks stunning on my new latop :D. Was a bit unsure about the graphics when the first screens were released but wow this game packs some serious sexiness, love the style.

Hopefully I'll be able to able to hit the GAF server tonight, depends on the ping (european player ^¨) and if I'm not deadtired after work (man growing up sucks, everyones else has the holidays off >.<').

On a side note, just started to play around a bit with the engineer and what an awesome simple but still advanced class it is, "dominated" half of the opposite team with a sentry last night ^^, great fun.

Jacobi

Banned
Lord Phol said:
Such a great and addicting game ^^.
Got it as a christmas gift, and it runs mostly great and looks stunning on my new latop :D. Was a bit unsure about the graphics when the first screens were released but wow this game packs some serious sexiness, love the style.

Hopefully I'll be able to able to hit the GAF server tonight, depends on the ping (european player ^¨) and if I'm not deadtired after work (man growing up sucks, everyones else has the holidays off >.<').
Most of the top12 are European players I reckon

Icy

Banned
vultureparade said:
Some good games tonight guys.

This game keeps getting better and better.

Also, the vent server is starting to see some action, so you should all get on there and chat in crystal clear real time!

Yeah there was around like 20 ppl on it last night? Probably more tonight.

I still don't understand how the Vent client works. You talk to other players through that, and also talk to in game people by pressing V? Wouldn't that get confusing talking to 2 sets of people and pressing different buttons?

Cheeto

omgimaninja said:
I still don't understand how the Vent client works. You talk to other players through that, and also talk to in game people by pressing V? Wouldn't that get confusing talking to 2 sets of people and pressing different buttons?
Yea, you set up two different hotkeys for each. The advantage is being able to talk to other people on the other team, or talking while new maps are loading, etc.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:

not really confusing. and there's other people that use the ventrilo other than TF2 players. I've got V set for TF2 and another Key set for Ventrilo.

Icy

Banned
Central server is gone. Only going to be using 1 server.

There will be 2 weeknights and a block of time on the weekends set aside for the tournament play.

Reserve slots. There are 4 tiers of players.

Normal Users
Preferred Players
Reserved Slot Holders
Admins

as you can see, if a preferred player gets on a server full of normal. A normal player is bumped. And that goes on up through the hierarchy.

NeoGAF users will all be shifted to "Preferred Players". So its a reserved slot in the sense.
Reserved Slot holders will be given a perm. reserved slot for as long as I do this. I'll probably have all of this in place this weekend along with the tournament system.

Dave Long

Banned
Icy said:
My eyes deceive me.. but why is the system mis posting posts from banned ppls? :D

Dave I'm playing wow again.
Yeah, WoW is a disease that no one ever recovers fully from. You always have relapses...

BTW, has anyone played Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? I got it for Christmas and it's pretty snazzy.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Yeah, WoW is a disease that no one ever recovers fully from. You always have relapses...

BTW, has anyone played Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? I got it for Christmas and it's pretty snazzy.

TF2 or NO FPS at all Dave. What is wrong with you! :D

Dave Long said:

I've kicked the WoW habit. Been 'clean' for a year now, and have no intention of falling off the wagon :lol

Then again, I made sure by selling my copy and my lvl60 rogue. My lazy nature ebs through into my gaming, can't be arsed to start a character from level 1 again :lol

"Reserve slots. There are 4 tiers of players.

Normal Users
Preferred Players
Reserved Slot Holders
Admins"

:lol Dammit I guess I should have jumped at that opportunity for a free admin spot a little big ago.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Reserve slots. There are 4 tiers of players.

Normal Users
Preferred Players
Reserved Slot Holders
Admins"

:lol Dammit I guess I should have jumped at that opportunity for a free admin spot a little big ago.

I did, and this is a pleasant surprise, I must say :D

Doytch

Richardfun said:
I've kicked the WoW habit. Been 'clean' for a year now, and have no intention of falling off the wagon :lol

Then again, I made sure by selling my copy and my lvl60 rogue. My lazy nature ebs through into my gaming, can't be arsed to start a character from level 1 again :lol

Same! :lol

I started from launch and played for a year, got my purps and sold it for 500 US. Every now and again I look at thottbot and see the new stuff....but I resist!

Icy

Banned
I'm looking for 1 more NORTH AMERICA Admin, and 1 More NON NORTH AMERICA ADMIN :)

Requirements: Play often, be on my friends list, not an ass bag, and uh.. like to ban?

Doytch

Icy said:
I'm looking for 1 more NORTH AMERICA Admin, and 1 More NON NORTH AMERICA ADMIN :)

Requirements: Play often, be on my friends list, not an ass bag, and uh.. like to ban?

That won't be hard to find now :lol

Capndrake

Icy said:

Can I be on your friends list? :(

Doytch said:
Same! :lol

I started from launch and played for a year, got my purps and sold it for 500 US. Every now and again I look at thottbot and see the new stuff....but I resist!

500, damn. What class did you have? And what kind of stuff? I sold my rogue with all blues en about 4 purple's from MC for only 50 Euro's.

Icy

Banned
I've sold more than 8 accounts in the past few months.. then again.. well.. nevermind :)

Back to TF2 Discussion! Tournament details soon.

Cool. I'll be on tonight and tomorrow, but then I'm off to New York for a week...hope the tournament won't happen during that time :(

btw I think I donated earlier Icy. I need to check and if not, I'll send some money your way.

Cheeto

I didn't have the e-mail I got when I donated before, but I sent another donation and I PMed you the ID that I found on my Amazon page, I'm guessing it's the same ID that is sent with the donation from awhile back.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Cool. I'll be on tonight and tomorrow, but then I'm off to New York for a week...hope the tournament won't happen during that time :(

btw I think I donated earlier Icy. I need to check and if not, I'll send some money your way.

The tournament is gonna span several weeks... Won't start this weekend thats for sure.

whatruon said:
I didn't have the e-mail I got when I donated before, but I sent another donation and I PMed you the ID that I found on my Amazon page, I'm guessing it's the same ID that is sent with the donation from awhile back.

You're good.

Cheeto

Icy said:
The tournament is gonna span several weeks... Won't start this weekend thats for sure.
Good, I'll be fully moving into my new house this weekend so I probably won't have any game time...or even an internet connection now that I think of it.

Icy said:

You're good.

Again Icy, is there any way I could send you some money via bank transfer? I don't have a CC, so that's why I ask.

Hey Icy, those tiers for the reserved slots, are they turned on yet? I'm just wondering because I'm an admin and could not get onto the server just now, it's completely full.

Icy

Banned
Richardfun said:
Hey Icy, those tiers for the reserved slots, are they turned on yet? I'm just wondering because I'm an admin and could not get onto the server just now, it's completely full.

tiers will start this weekend. Somehow the reserved slots are off. >.>

YYZ

How do I donate money and how much are you expecting? Is it a regular payment thing? I don't want this to feel like I'm subscribing to an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom