• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

I've only played one match (A very nice one though, we got pushed back to our last CP, but came back and won) but I think I like it more than Granary, Well and especially Warpath (Really don't get the love for that one).

And more than Horus of course.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
For some reason I got windows key'd out just using the wasd keys, right when I was in the enemy base. :\

Only played Badlands through 1 1/2 matches, but it seems alright.

evlcookie said:
I hear the game is freezing / skipping etc after the new update, anyone have these issues ?
Yeah, i think defragmenting should fix it. It only happened when I entered into any new "area" and then happened to me again when I got a domination, oddly enough. After that the stalling just stopped completely.

I love the map, it's very very good.

Alex P

tf2bl01.jpg

tf2bl02.jpg

tf2bl04.jpg

A couple of screens for those stuck at work.

evlcookie said:
I hear the game is freezing / skipping etc after the new update, anyone have these issues ?

Happened to me the first game I joined, along with invisible players. It sorted itself out after I restarted the game.

1-D_FTW

I gave it a shot. I just had quit a few jumpy engineers that were hard to kill and noticed people were complaining about lag on a couple different servers. Hopefully an anomaly.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Odd question, but does one connect to the servers. I never actually done it. Do I search for the name or type in IP or something and how :lol

rakka

shintoki said:
Odd question, but does one connect to the servers. I never actually done it. Do I search for the name or type in IP or something and how :lol
add the server to your favorites (using the ip)

traveler

Not Wario
Sorry for the suckage, guys. That was my first time playing a competitive FPS with a mouse and keyboard and I'm TERRIBLE with them. The gamepad is so much easier to use. :lol

BTW, how does vc work in this game? Are you guys using a vent server or does it have ingame vc? And if it is ingame, how do I use it? Couldn't figure out anything.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
traveler said:
Sorry for the suckage, guys. That was my first time playing a competitive FPS with a mouse and keyboard and I'm TERRIBLE with them. The gamepad is so much easier to use. :lol

BTW, how does vc work in this game? Are you guys using a vent server or does it have ingame vc? And if it is ingame, how do I use it? Couldn't figure out anything.

Hold down "v" to talk, I believe that's the default, I changed mine.

firex

Badlands is pretty fun, and I like how it doesn't really favor any class. Pyro has it kind of rough in some spots, but there are a lot of good choke points for ambushes, and the map is pretty much symmetrical so neither team has any kind of advantage.

Icy

Banned
Buy your admin Slot. Highest Donater in the next 24 hours gets their own Admin Slot to use and abuse. Be like Icy and fly around the maps and piss off the non regulars and non NeoGAFers.. be able to change the map when you want.. or it warrants it.. :)

Twig

Banned
Just played Badlands. It may be my new favorite map. But that's because I have a sort of fetish for rocket and stickybomb jumping. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT SO AWESOME.

*plays Audiosurf*

Kifimbo

Crushed said:
okay icy seriously you can change it to a different map now

this is like playing 24/7 granary it gets old really fast

Yeah. Since it's new, you can put it twice in the rotation, but 24/7 makes you want to find another server.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I take it TF2 just runs off regular source engine ? So if i can play HL2 fine, TF2 will too ?

Thats one thing thats missing on steam, the damn demos :D

1-D_FTW

Crushed said:
okay icy seriously you can change it to a different map now

this is like playing 24/7 granary it gets old really fast

I haven't played it on Icy's server, but those servers who are running it steady really should do a map reload at the end of every game. This way people would have to rechoose teams.

Map seems pretty awesome (for a five point CP), but the better team is definitely gonna win. Again... and again... and again... and again. It's not like one coordinated push on attack/defend maps and maybe the underdog can pull it out. The better team is gonna win. And these servers need resets to serve as a dumb reshuffle.

Capndrake

1-D_FTW said:
IMap seems pretty awesome (for a five point CP), but the better team is definitely gonna win. Again... and again... and again... and again. It's not like one coordinated push on attack/defend maps and maybe the underdog can pull it out. The better team is gonna win. And these servers need resets to serve as a dumb reshuffle.

I played like 30 matches (all on the same server) earlier today and lost about 15 games in a row before we managed a win. And that was right after a reset.

SexConker

Banned
WTF STEAM.

I can't log in to steam. (Could not connect to Steam network.)
Problem with my internet connection my ass.

Anyone else having this problem?

Nevermind - Steam decided to not like my DMZ today for some reason.

SyNapSe

I've tried and I can't play this game at all! :\ There aren't primes or secondary nades. The overlays for things are huge. my GFX card seems to have problems because I get mini-lag. I can't hit anything :lol :( It's still a pretty fun game, I'm sure after more time I could get more comfortable.

pyro's are incredibly dangerous now.

rakka

Capndrake said:
I think the server can go back to normal tonight. I miss Casbah :(
same..

someone set it to dustbowl for a bit yesterday :D (i think it was java?)

i think the reserved slots should be fixed :(

Javaman

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of exploiters/random assholes lately. Then again they have been coming in pairs, so it's probably the same two. I don't think they'll be back for a while.

Capndrake

This map is awesome. There's a lobby with 8 exits for both teams, each exit leading to a class-specific trial, such as an obstacle course for the Scout, a moving target course for the Sniper, etc. The only class that doesn't have a challenge is the Medic, but there is a secret room where you can find the Medic Haus and party around. At the end of each trial is a CP, team who has the most CPs out of the 8 at the end of the time, or captures them all before time is up, wins. Other classes aren't restricted from entering others' challenges though, so they can try to help each other out as much as possible.

Davidion

Capndrake said:
This map is awesome. There's a lobby with 8 exits for both teams, each exit leading to a class-specific trial, such as an obstacle course for the Scout, a moving target course for the Sniper, etc. The only class that doesn't have a challenge is the Medic, but there is a secret room where you can find the Medic Haus and party around. At the end of each trial is a CP, team who has the most CPs out of the 8 at the end of the time, or captures them all before time is up, wins. Other classes aren't restricted from entering others' challenges though, so they can try to help each other out as much as possible.

Ugh, that map is ridiculous. The Spy, Scout, and Engineer sections are pretty easy but I can't do the soldier section for the life of me. The third jump = WTF?!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Capndrake said:

That map gave me a headache trying to do Demo, the last jump is not my friend. Neither is fall damage and gravity...

1-D_FTW

Yeah. The servers I play have either already taken it out of rotation, or it's a rare occurrence. Wanted to play a little Badlands today and joined some random crap ass server that effed with your stats. First life I played I set a record for my longest life as a soldier (4182 minutes) and had to immediately quit. Badlands will basically fill any server at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom