• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

1-D_FTW said:
What? So headshot kills as a sniper count as 2 points? That's why good snipers are always at the top of the leaderboard.

Yes, I never knew this. I've logged a total of 2 minutes as a sniper.

Backstabs also count as two, which is why spies go up so fast ;)

mr stroke

considering this is a PC thread I will asume the anwser, but for anyone thats played both 360 and PC which has the better community??
I can't decide between 360 or PC....I would think the PC

mr stroke said:
considering this is a PC thread I will asume the anwser, but for anyone thats played both 360 and PC which has the better community??
PC and it isn't even close.

pj

Banned
The 360 version has the best community of any 360 game I've seen, but there's not many people, and it can take a while to find a good game sometimes. The people on the pc version are about the same, except they take it a little more seriously, and obviously there are always good games to be found

Capndrake

rakka said:
no one online today? :p
I really never see people on the GAF server outside weekends anymore. Real shame.

If you start playing with one or a few friends it usually fills up somewhat quickly, but when a custom map comes up lots of people always leave.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
mr stroke said:

Yeah I would have to agree not even close PC all the way man custom maps more people playing and all.

JoeFu

Banned
I have no idea why I haven't played the past week and a half, so I will play tomorrow.

And we have a mario kart map now?

mr stroke said:

Idk if you bought the version you wanted already. I have both, and i highly recommend the PC version. Alot of people on the 360 version sound like idiots.

Capndrake

JoeFu said:
And we have a mario kart map now?
It's not on the GAF server, but yeah, there's a Mario Kart DM map. Just look at servers and list by map, it's called MARIOKART or mario_kart (No dm_ in front of it or anything).

Crushed

Fry Daddy
That Mario Kart map is one of the best maps I've ever seen. It's so pointless, and allows for such incredibly cheap stuff, but since there's no real goal it doesn't matter. :lol

Teknoman

Capndrake said:
I really never see people on the GAF server outside weekends anymore. Real shame.

If you start playing with one or a few friends it usually fills up somewhat quickly, but when a custom map comes up lots of people always leave.

Theres people on there at night sometimes on Thursdays. At least thats what i've seen lately.

BLU-82

Studio_RC4 has been released;
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652371

MAP DESCRIPTION:

In dire need of space for more movie studios, Furyo Studios and Pedroleum Studios
fight it off to entertain the world of TF2.

The map's gameplay takes both Granary and Well for a spin, and mixes both maps using similar CP setups.
5 Capture Points total, with two sets of advanced spawn points and a symmetrical layout.

The map takes place on the movie sets of cartoon remakes of Lord of the Rings, Terminator 2 and Back to the Future.

Feel free to drop me a line as all constructive comments and feedback are welcome. The map will have a final release
at some point in the future, once all feedback has been taken into account.

Jswanko

Does the GAF server have a password now? i tried to join a couple of weeks ago and it asked for a password; never did before.

Twig

Banned
Jswanko said:
Does the GAF server have a password now? i tried to join a couple of weeks ago and it asked for a password; never did before.
That was probably when they were doing GAF tourney matches. It's not passworded, currently.

Firestorm

Had an awesome soldier round again today :D Beat a bunch of records. Now my most points with Soldier is 25, most kills is 22, and most dominations is 6.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I am sooooo sorry for the mass suckitude of my friends [RD]metalcharms and Tensuke (well, he's not a friend, he's the little brother of a friend).

They're some old friends I know, and we were having a CS:S and TF2 day for our little personal site (ironically, the site's owner, another friend, had to reinstall and his school's internet connection was all screwed up so he could never get on).

They are all obviously new to the game and do not know anything. This is why they were going as Spies and not cloaking or disguising (I had to instruct them how, and they promptly disguised themselves as me and walked right up to me), or Pyros using flamethrowers from 20 feet away, or Scouts not knowing how to double jump or aim, or attacking as Medics.

I assure you, I will mock them with screenshots of the match for the rest of their lives and hopefully shame them away so that they never touch the GAF server again. I work so hard to help them, and the poor dears just can't be helped. Thankfully, we were keeping our chat to Steam Friends, so you didn't have to listen to their whining or 4chan-inspired drivel.

Twig

Banned
Crushed said:
I am sooooo sorry for the mass suckitude of my friends [RD]metalcharms and Tensuke (well, he's not a friend, he's the little brother of a friend).
Hey at least they weren't being cocky assholes like the CG clan dudes who were playing yesterday. Well, at least one of 'em shut up after I stickybomb jumped over him dropped a pipe bomb on his head mid-flight and killed him... twice.

God I hate people who think they're better just because they're in a clan. |:

Capndrake

SexConker said:
??

Does anyone know how to get to the very top on the mario kart map (as an engineer).
To the roof of the music room.
Don't think you can outside of noclip and getting lucky and being launched up by a rocket or sticky or something.

omgimaninja said:
Any update on release of Badlands/Goldrush/Medic gun?
Goldrush is this month according to Valve. No dates on the others.

1-D_FTW

Love all the changes. And Badlands can't come soon enough. It seems all my favorites have been stuck on Dustbowl and Gravel Pit the last couple days. I like those two maps, but 50-60 percent playtime is enough. Some variety is nice.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Nice! can't wait for Badlands action tomorrow.

nakedsushi said:
Noooes tomorrow is Valentine's Day. The BF will be so mad that I'm playing TF2 instead of celebrating with him.
You can send him this to lessen the blow. :p

106aw6r.jpg

mr stroke

LTTP-

Holly shit how did I miss this game! I have been wasting my time playing on empty UT3 servers and decided to pick it up on PC yesterday on a whim, and WTF was I thinking not buying this day 1!!! thanks for the above replies on picking up the PC version vs the 360 as this game plays amazing on my 4 year old pc(X800pro,3400+,1gig@ 1024 res with all settings maxed@30-50fps:D )
glad to see so many people using mics too, I hope this game stays alive as long as CS has..can anyone point me the GAF server? I couldn't seem to find it last night?is it under "GAF"?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it just me or is the server slowly losing players?

Twig

Banned
No problem!
Halycon said:
Is it just me or is the server slowly losing players?
I dunno. You're probably right, but I know that it's the only server I play on (alias of Twig). And I regularly see kak and Capndrake on there. Scuba_Steve has been playing a lot lately. And Davidion and a few others. Etc.

It's definitely not as constantly populated as it was when the game was first released. Maybe the new map will change things if it's any good, who knows. (ctf_well doesn't count as a new map because it sucks.)

RPhilMan1

So I am trying to get into the server but when I startup TF2, Steam pops up an error message saying "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

Uh?

rakka

RPhilMan1 said:
So I am trying to get into the server but when I startup TF2, Steam pops up an error message saying "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

Uh?
is hl2.exe running if so kill the process (and steam too perhaps) and try again..

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
rakka said:
kicked for reserved slot while playing medic

icy do something :(

I'm pretty sure this is on Valve's end, hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes this.

rakka

Iadien said:
I'm pretty sure this is on Valve's end, hopefully the patch tomorrow fixes this.
not being able to connect at 22-23/24 is also a valve issue? (i have a slot or supposed to at least...)

hopefully it does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom