• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31346.html

That thing was kinda wonky for me (so it's possible I missed part of it), but I'm pretty sure the exclusive Gametrailer movie has a lot more footage.

I'm guessing you can hit track switches to choose which path your cart goes. And what's up with tracks starting in the middle of nowhere? Does the cart have paths where it flies? Looks like it could be pretty awesome.

EDIT: Beaten cause I type too damn much:)

Jacobi said:
Has someone else been experiencing a lot of disconnects since the newest update?

I just played two hours without a single one.

1-D_FTW

Either there's something seriously wrong with my connection, or there's so nasty hacks going around. Last two games I played there were uber players. Spent what seemed like 30 seconds torching a freaking medic who was defending the CP on Dustbowl 1 (who was kicking ass on the scoreboard) and he survives relatively intact and eventually kills me. Also had a uber that I emptied my rocket launcher and then put 4 close range shotgun blasts into a heavies head. No kills.

Also a couple times today I've gone attacking a seemingly easy target, only to 5 seconds into my burnfest, have the uber-stream pop onto my screen and realize the enemy was being mediced. A couple times it appeared just before I went to attack and was able to retreat in time. WTF! Time for some Bioshock.

Cheeto

Confidence Man said:
What's the map lineup? I get a good ping on your server.
At the moment its,
ctf_2fort
ctf_well
cp_badlands
cp_dustbowl

Hoping to add good customs soon. Finding good customs is a challenge though.

Capndrake said:
Cheeto, when Goldrush is released, put it on your server so we can do some epic GAFery on it, please.
You can count on it. I just watched the video and I am soo hyped

SyNapSe

WhatRuOn said:
At the moment its,
ctf_2fort
ctf_well
cp_badlands
cp_dustbowl

Hoping to add good customs soon. Finding good customs is a challenge though.

You can count on it. I just watched the video and I am soo hyped

Openfire, I just played a god awful remake graphically. It's still one of the best maps for training. it's a 2fort-esque map that's more open. The new map has an up top jump over rocks to hit the balcony due to no HH I guess

at least for small groups it's really fun, anything over 10 and it probably becomes 2fort I guess

Twig

Banned
Icy took it down (lack of donations), put it back up not long after (I guess people donated?), and now it's down again (donations taken back?!).

Wild speculation is fun.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea why it's down. ):

Icy

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Icy took it down (lack of donations), put it back up not long after (I guess people donated?), and now it's down again (donations taken back?!).

Wild speculation is fun.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea why it's down. ):

Host hasn't been paid in 3 weeks. Why do you think its down?

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
Host hasn't been paid in 3 weeks. Why do you think its down?
...Did you just completely fucking miss my entire post?

You said donations had stopped and that's why it was down. Then BAM it was back up for a day. How the fuck are any of us supposed to know what the fuck is going on? You never keep us up to speed. Jesus.

Icy said:
We *cough* don't mean to sound ungrateful, Icy, but it would help to know more specifically the donation needs. You say to donate, but you don't say how much you need or anything like that, so how do we know? How much does a TF2 server cost to operate? Et cetera.

SexConker

Banned
Guys - I've got a TF2 server.
It'll be here for the long term.

It's not fully configured yet (I don't intend to go crazy), but it's got stats and voting and etc. I can tweak the rotation and add maps as people make suggestions.

69.90.189.48:27015 It's a west coast server.
I've named it "Never Gonna Give You Up Never Gonna Let You Down" (Rick Roll :lol )

If you people want to hop on, go for it.
Let me know if you want a reserved slot (though it looks like that shit might not be working proeprly anyway).

I don't have the damned time to babysit the server and pour over config files, but if you people want to make suggestions, go for it.

I intend to get it configured and stable (as in, consistent) over the next week or two.
It IS up and running now.

SexConker said:
Guys - I've got a TF2 server.
It'll be here for the long term.

It's not fully configured yet (I don't intend to go crazy), but it's got stats and voting and etc. I can tweak the rotation and add maps as people make suggestions.

I've named it "Never Gonna Give You Up Never Gonna Let You Down" (Rick Roll :lol )

If you people want to hop on, go for it.
Let me know if you want a reserved slot (though it looks like that shit might not be working proeprly anyway).

I don't have the damned time to babysit the server and pour over config files, but if you people want to make suggestions, go for it.

I intend to get it configured and stable (as in, consistent) over the next week or two.
It IS up and running now.
Why is it set to 22 max?

Icy

Banned
LouieGeetoo said:
We *cough* don't mean to sound ungrateful, Icy, but it would help to know more specifically the donation needs. You say to donate, but you don't say how much you need or anything like that, so how do we know? How much does a TF2 server cost to operate? Et cetera.

This has been covered time and time again. I"m not gonna keep repeating myself like a broken record week after week. I"m through with the server and glad.

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Why is it set to 22 max?
This is my question, too!

Reserved slots for the 23rd and 24th slots is my guess. It does, after all, make sense to do it that way, so people can auto-join. O:

1-D_FTW

TheOneGuy said:
...Did you just completely fucking miss my entire post?

You said donations had stopped and that's why it was down. Then BAM it was back up for a day. How the fuck are any of us supposed to know what the fuck is going on? You never keep us up to speed. Jesus.

It's always been suspect. I never donated because there was no accountability and when I realized it was never going to happen, I just accepted things for what they were and washed my hands of it. Icy's taken down the donation figure from the amazon site, but immediately after his last fund-raising drive, he had an immediate spike of around 200 dollars (Quit watching so have no idea if donations continued and how much more.) That was two months ago. If you go through this whole thread and do arithmetic here and there, none of it adds up. And while it's possible everything can be taken at face value, a layer of transparacy would have made everything 1000X better.

It's my paranoid supsicion that Icy wanted to dump the server months ago and that's why he took joy in antagonizing people with things everyone cried against. He secretly wanted the server to become dormant so he could justify its cancellation.

Won

SexConker said:

I'm getting a > 200 ping at the moment from Europe. Not good! But still...nice to have.^^

Capndrake

I'd like Aesoprock so I can see why people find Rock2 so great. It's not really ctf though, it's more "choke everybody to death with toxic gas using the flag".

Davidion

Capndrake said:
I'd like Aesoprock so I can see why people find Rock2 so great. It's not really ctf though, it's more "choke everybody to death with toxic gas using the flag".

You finally see the brilliance behind the map.

Twig

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
I'm adding Studio, Chaos, and Convoy now. Looking into Turbine and Mach.
NO. Do NOT add Turbine. Please! God I hate that map. D:

At least if you add it you could not put it in the rotation? Please? I'm begging you! I'd rather play 2fort 24/7!

ice cream

Banned
Is there a limit to how many favourite servers our Steam can hold? Cos I always see favourite servers dissapearing, it seems whenever I have more than 24 fav servers, it deletes a few until its 24. Like they don't allow more than 24?
Or maybe I'm just being and idiot

carebear.png

SleazyC

WhatRuOn said:
That has to be parsed from 2 demo playbacks...i hope so at least.
It was. Guy who edited it did some trickery with the console to show wireframe and just overlayed it onto the video. The guy is a legit player who plays for Pandemic's TF2 team.

Twig

Banned
Goddamn I want to be that good. I mean I do that sort of stuff sometimes, but it's usually just luck. And I have nowhere near as much precision or accuracy. And soldier is easily my best class. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom