• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

I probably win about 75-80 percent of my pyro-pyro duels. I just always outspaz them and thought maybe there was a more finesse way to go (Whenever they flame out, I try to get back behind them and reignite. If you don't have to be behind them to ignite, I guess it was still a good strategy since you're not facing their weapon.) I don't like pulling the shotgun unless it's distant and one on one. Otherwise I feel I'm leaving myself open to others in the area. Nothing like having a medic think he can bum rush you with the bonesaw cause he sees you're wielding the shotty.

Zyzyxxz

everytime I take on a Pryo at least half of the time they get lucky and crit flame me right when I swtich from the flamer to the shotgun. Total bs

Zyzyxxz said:
everytime I take on a Pryo at least half of the time they get lucky and crit flame me right when I swtich from the flamer to the shotgun. Total bs
Pah. You think Pyros are annoying to other Pyros? I play Spy, and those flames ain't ever friendly :lol

Shamrock

Banned
19fmedic.jpg

anyone else get the bug where a shot doesnt register? Happens all the time to me. I shoot someone, blood shows up on their model where i "hit" them, but they dont take any damage

SexConker

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
anyone else get the bug where a shot doesnt register? Happens all the time to me. I shoot someone, blood shows up on their model where i "hit" them, but they dont take any damage

Stop missing.
But seriously, it's not a bug, it's lag.
It's pretty rare too, even back when I had horrible lag and packet loss, if I saw blood I did damage. (I think - there's no real way to tell. Your enemy is either alive or dead, so who's to say which shots hit and which didn't?)

gaf, im planning on picking this up on the pc. im getting tired of all the lags and drops on the 360. but im not sure if my laptop can handle it.
i have a:
hp dv9310us
vista
amd turion 64 x2 1.6ghz
1024 meg ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150

and if i could run it, what settings could i run it on?
another question, my laptop has a built in microphone, can i use it instead of buying a new one?

Firestorm

viakado said:
gaf, im planning on picking this up on the pc. im getting tired of all the lags and drops on the 360. but im not sure if my laptop can handle it.
i have a:
hp dv9310us
vista
amd turion 64 x2 1.6ghz
1024 meg ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150

and if i could run it, what settings could i run it on?
another question, my laptop has a built in microphone, can i use it instead of buying a new one?

You should be able to run it on low
I would assume so.

There's hardly any difference between low and medium really. The only real difference you start seeing is when everything is on max.

Jacobi

Banned
WTF VAlve -.- the Gravelpit bug isn't fixed yet???? Experienced that last night and it pissed me off (players hiding and building sentries under the floor)

Capndrake

Jacobi said:
WTF VAlve -.- the Gravelpit bug isn't fixed yet???? Experienced that last night and it pissed me off (players hiding and building sentries under the floor)
I think that was fixed ages ago, so either there's a new way to do it or the server had an asshole admin that noclipped to get there.

Capndrake

Jacobi said:
No chance that was the admin... Happened in the A area btw
Then there has to be a new way. It's now also possible to go out of bounds in Dustbowl level 1 around the second cap btw, me and kak know how, if people really want to know I'll show it on the server tonight.

Twig

Banned
Capndrake said:
Then there has to be a new way. It's now also possible to go out of bounds in Dustbowl level 1 around the second cap btw, me and kak know how, if people really want to know I'll show it on the server tonight.
Capnhax and kakthecheater

o:

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
SexConker said:
Stop missing.
But seriously, it's not a bug, it's lag.
It's pretty rare too, even back when I had horrible lag and packet loss, if I saw blood I did damage. (I think - there's no real way to tell. Your enemy is either alive or dead, so who's to say which shots hit and which didn't?)

It happens quite often to me, I 'hit' someone, even with a crit, and die shortly after. I watch the kill cam and they're not even hurt. I'm all like wtfy3425323ggd.

SexConker

Banned
Capndrake said:

Plz DON'T show it on the server.
People are retards and will abuse it.

Capndrake

SexConker said:
Plz DON'T show it on the server.
People are retards and will abuse it.
Don't worry, I won't.

On another note, Valve's rerecorded all character lines in German, if you switch Steam to German TF2 will be updated and you can listen to them (Every single version of TF2 used English before, so I wonder if these'll sound any good).

Icy

Banned
There's about 5 known game breaking exploits.

They cover

Dustbowl, Granary, Gravelpit, Badlands and well. Valve knows.

Zyzyxxz

are you speaking of the exploit for gravelpit where engies can get on top of point B and build up there?

I find it a cheap tactic, when on offense it is much hard to take out the turrents on top because they can see you before you can see them and all it takes is snipers to camp the exits to keep people from coming out

Capndrake

Icy said:
There's about 5 known game breaking exploits.

They cover

Dustbowl, Granary, Gravelpit, Badlands and well. Valve knows.
Mind saying what they are? (Not how to do them, just what they are)

If with Badlands you mean getting under the level, that's been fixed (Unless there's another way). And on Well building way above the final CP is also fixed.

Also noticed there's Spanish and French voices if you switch Steam to Spanish/French :lol

Firestorm

Zyzyxxz said:
are you speaking of the exploit for gravelpit where engies can get on top of point B and build up there?

I find it a cheap tactic, when on offense it is much hard to take out the turrents on top because they can see you before you can see them and all it takes is snipers to camp the exits to keep people from coming out

I don't think it's that bad. Especially considering it's the offenses fault for giving them that much time to do it. It take quite a bit of time to build that stuff up there. You have to make a dispenser, then two teleporters to get up.

Cheeto

Firestorm said:
I don't think it's that bad. Especially considering it's the offenses fault for giving them that much time to do it. It take quite a bit of time to build that stuff up there. You have to make a dispenser, then two teleporters to get up.
I agree with this...also, a sentry on the roof is still vulnerable from at least one angle no matter where it's placed.

1-D_FTW

Firestorm said:

I've never been bothered by it either. Maybe it's been exploited worse on other servers, but everytime I've ever seen it happen, the teleports and stuff are quickly destroyed and they're never able to rebuild when there's no longer a free 60 second warmup period.

rakka

steams totally fucking up for me this afternoon... steam ID ticket invalid or something errors, kicked from games every few minutes.

think it happened to a few ppl too, since at one point a full server (at sc/bloodletter's) dropped down to like 2v2 all of a sudden

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Capndrake said:
Update, the person who first picks up the intel now also gets points, even if he doesn't end up capping it :D
Yay! They should've implimented this sooner... like maybe two days ago. :p

Davidion

Capndrake said:
Update, the person who first picks up the intel now also gets points, even if he doesn't end up capping it :D

That's a nice update. Now I won't feel so guilty about ruthlessly stealing other people's caps.

I kid. Maybe

Zyzyxxz

ANybody know what exploits they fixed on Dustbowl?

Recently I found that an engineer could be an asshole and put his teleporter into this room which you couldnt get out of.

Capndrake

Zyzyxxz said:
ANybody know what exploits they fixed on Dustbowl?

Recently I found that an engineer could be an asshole and put his teleporter into this room which you couldnt get out of.
I know a total of 3 spots on Dustbowl where you can get into otherwise unreachable spots using teleporters, and all three of those are still in.

SexConker

Banned
Capndrake said:
I know a total of 3 spots on Dustbowl where you can get into otherwise unreachable spots using teleporters, and all three of those are still in.

If you see people doing this shit on the server, grab me their steam ID (type status in the console). I banned one guy the other day for being invisible and camping the intel. Pretty sure he was hacking - I've never had the issue where models disappear, and I specced him a bit. He was sitting by the ammo crate and small health bottle in the back of Well CTF. He was calmly shooting people who got near the intel, and no one could see him.

1-D_FTW

SexConker said:
If you see people doing this shit on the server, grab me their steam ID (type status in the console). I banned one guy the other day for being invisible and camping the intel. Pretty sure he was hacking - I've never had the issue where models disappear, and I specced him a bit. He was sitting by the ammo crate and small health bottle in the back of Well CTF. He was calmly shooting people who got near the intel, and no one could see him.

I think it's a bug. Maybe an exploitable one, maybe occurs on accident. Happened in one game I was playing (soldier shooting rockets) and somebody on our team was getting worked up. Another player told him if you exit to a certain screen, when you come back, sometimes your character model is invisible. If that's the truth, it could be some weenie who knows this and how to exploit it. Or it could be somebody who innocently went to ?? screen, came back, and was invisible without even knowing it.

1-D_FTW

http://pc.ign.com/articles/861/861991p1.html?RSSwhen2008-03-25_154800&RSSid=861991

As an example of these tradeoffs, the unlockable medigun we're play testing right now switches out the 10 second invulnerability effect for 10 seconds of 100% chance of critical hits.

Taken from IGN's interview. Sounds like an awful idea. A good player could do absolute carnage with ten seconds of 100 percent crits. That sounds completely game breaking. I know you can still be killed, but if you're critting everyone, you should be a walking death machine.

Won

Well of course it sounds like an awful idea, thats why they are testing it.

Oh and all weapons get unlockables. I thought that's main gun only.

Goldrush is also the first map where we've used the cinematic physics technology from Half-Life 2: Episode 2 in a multiplayer environment, and we're really happy with the results.

Hmm?

fallout

1-D_FTW said:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/861/861991p1.html?RSSwhen2008-03-25_154800&RSSid=861991

As an example of these tradeoffs, the unlockable medigun we're play testing right now switches out the 10 second invulnerability effect for 10 seconds of 100% chance of critical hits.

Taken from IGN's interview. Sounds like an awful idea. A good player could do absolute carnage with ten seconds of 100 percent crits. That sounds completely game breaking. I know you can still be killed, but if you're critting everyone, you should be a walking death machine.
Well, consider the fact that the crit-charged player won't be invulnerable when this happens and thus would draw a lot of attention toward themselves and their healer. So, maybe rather than back off and wait for the invulnerability to wear off, everyone aims directly for the crit-charged player to take him out as quick as possible. Or maybe they just continue backing off as they do with the 10-second invulnerability. I'm not sure. I agree that it would probably imbalanced (though, it has been argued that the game is horribly imbalanced to begin with), but like Won said, they're testing it. Not implementing it. Listening to the Valve commentaries, it's pretty impressive how many ideas get thrown out the window.

I still wish they'd give the medic something fun for offense. I want to spread herpes again. :(

fallout said:
Well, consider the fact that the crit-charged player won't be invulnerable when this happens and thus would draw a lot of attention toward themselves and their healer. So, maybe rather than back off and wait for the invulnerability to wear off, everyone aims directly for the crit-charged player to take him out as quick as possible. Or maybe they just continue backing off as they do with the 10-second invulnerability. I'm not sure. I agree that it would probably imbalanced (though, it has been argued that the game is horribly imbalanced to begin with), but like Won said, they're testing it. Not implementing it. Listening to the Valve commentaries, it's pretty impressive how many ideas get thrown out the window.

I still wish they'd give the medic something fun for offense. I want to spread herpes again. :(
It looks like the medic's getting three different weapons :). So that might just happen.

1-D_FTW said:

It doesn't even fit in with the idea of a medic bonus. It has nothing to do with health/staying alive. Crits are so shitty. :/

I'd like a medigun beam that drains enemy health and syphons it back to the medic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom