• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Could be lag, but it's happened to me at least once when I wasn't FEELING any lag. You know what I mean. When you're really lagging, you can just tell.

And I ran right up to a spy and he stabbed me in the face without being behind me first and it registered as a backstab which was nuts. That has only happened once. Every other time (even before they supposedly fixed it) the spy started behind me and i just turned around quick and boom.

It definitely happens less, so it probably is lag. Just didn't FEEL like it, like I said.

TheOneGuy said:
Could be lag, but it's happened to me at least once when I wasn't FEELING any lag. You know what I mean. When you're really lagging, you can just tell.

And I ran right up to a spy and he stabbed me in the face without being behind me first and it registered as a backstab which was nuts. That has only happened once. Every other time (even before they supposedly fixed it) the spy started behind me and i just turned around quick and boom.

It definitely happens less, so it probably is lag. Just didn't FEEL like it, like I said.
Yeah, I was thinking more like lag compensation. Ie, on the other guy's screen your back is to him.

I don't play that much anymore, but feel free to add me; Pillowknight.

VictimOfGrief said:
Is there a list of your guys' SteamID's so I can add everyone?
Find the OBMA and HLRY groups on Steam Community and add those people I guess. Might be the easiest way unless people already left them.

Cheeto

I play spy a decent amount, I know there have been plenty of times where I'm facing somebody's face and it registers a backstab. Sometimes you can jump up and stab downward at their face and get a backstab too.

No Means Nomad said:
Find the OBMA and HLRY groups on Steam Community and add those people I guess. Might be the easiest way unless people already left them.
saw them at the top of this forum actually but thanks I'll do that too.

CoLaN

I was really bored ...so i've made some tf2 avatars from my screenshots

soldierlol3.jpg
soldierlol2.jpg
soldier1.jpg
sniperlol3.jpg

sniperlol2.jpg
heavylol4.jpg
pyrolol2.jpg
sniperlol1.jpg
pyrocolan.jpg

mediclol1.jpg
lolpyro1.jpg
heavylol3.jpg
heavylol1.jpg
demolol1.jpg

engilol2.jpg
engilol1.jpg
engilol3.jpg

Nothing special, but maybe someone was looking for 1 :D

WhatRuOn said:
I play spy a decent amount, I know there have been plenty of times where I'm facing somebody's face and it registers a backstab. Sometimes you can jump up and stab downward at their face and get a backstab too.

Considering the rate at which soldiers get BS crit kills, I'll take and give a few facestabs every now and then. It's definitely not as common since the patch from about a month ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mic/headset for this game? This is the first PC shooter I have really played online and I want to get a mic/headset so I can get the most out of it.

and if anyone sees me online (quadrophenic), I still suck so I will probably be an easy kill ;)

dionysus

Yaldog
VictimOfGrief said:
Is there a list of your guys' SteamID's so I can add everyone?

I'd like to play with some GAFfers, but noone ever seems to be on the GAF servers. Is their a certain time people are on Love Me Sexy or that other one?

Capndrake

dionysus said:
I'd like to play with some GAFfers, but noone ever seems to be on the GAF servers. Is their a certain time people are on Love Me Sexy or that other one?
Usually weekends, around midnight GMT.

rakka

someone get on sexconker/bloods plz D:

edit: finally got 1v1, 2v2 games going ... quit after a short time though :lol was just giving the guy on the other team some tips (e.g he was going spy 1v1) and he didn't like it; and soon after it was stuff like 'if you're on blu you're gay' on round ends and each time more players joined. :p

can't wait til goldrush + updates are released though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I've been a little bored with the game lately, hoping the new map rekindles some interest.

That's what I get for playing it nearly non-stop since late September :lol

Twig

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I've been a little bored with the game lately, hoping the new map rekindles some interest.

If you didn't cheat maybe you wouldn't get bored.

O-ho! Old jokes how exciting!

Oreoleo

Yeah I was sad to see everyone leave so quickly tonight. Good times.

Someone should create an event on Steam for when the TF2 update hits so we can get more people to join.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, great games tonight. Felt like I was playing a lot better than recent weeks. Maybe because I don't have Zero or kak unloading their damn scatter guns into my head. :p

Zyzyxxz

Ysiadmihi said:

same here, after playing the shit out of medic, my best class (though its not my favorite to play) I've been steadily playing each other class until I got bored of it.

Right now I am trying to become a better sniper though.

I hope the patch really makes medic fun to play and not so much a chore.

Twig

Banned
Ew! I despise 24/7 servers. The game hasn't really gotten old for me, either (though I am getting distracted by a slew of other games, trying to play catch up on a lot of the games I own but haven't touched). But playing on a 24/7 server would definitely kill it for me.

Davidion

TheOneGuy said:
Ew! I despise 24/7 servers. The game hasn't really gotten old for me, either (though I am getting distracted by a slew of other games, trying to play catch up on a lot of the games I own but haven't touched). But playing on a 24/7 server would definitely kill it for me.

It's good if you really get a kick out of the map. I can see some repeating dustbowl action be pretty fun, actually.

I myself have been playing on 2fort2furious. Total casual server, sound/music spam all over the place (the norm), and most of the maps are customs. It's great when you're looking to play a few games but not take things too seriously.

Twig

Banned
Well, what I don't like about 24/7 maps isn't that they're 24/7. I actually sometimes wish the rotation on the GAF server wasn't just 20 minutes. It's more like I don't like having to switch servers to play different maps.

1) I'm lazy.
2) I get some good games going with a group of people, but then I have to switch servers away from them when I get sick of the map.

But hey, that's just my opinion. O:

Anyway, I've seen you and others on different servers, but they're always full. ):

Davidion

Yeah where do you play? I swear half the time the "friends" server function gives me the wrong servers and I can't find anyone who's supposedly in game. :lol

Twig

Banned
I actually haven't played a whole lot recently. As I said, distracted a lot by other games.

I used to play on a server called Baron's Pub, with some of my real life friends, but now they're playing some stupid HL mod called Vampire Slayer, so I don't really play there, either. I was on the GAF server last night, saw you joining as I had to leave. D:

Davidion

Hey I used to play Vampire Slayer. Is there a source version?!

Yeah I've been busy with a whole slew of other stuff, so I don't really get to get on until late at night.

Twig

Banned
Reserved slots are always iffy. They almost never work right, apparently.

Wait, the server got that full? And I missed it?

):
Davidion said:
Hey I used to play Vampire Slayer. Is there a source version?!
Not that I'm aware of! They're playing the original Half-Life 1 mod. D:

Davidion

The server was only full for a quick second, I think. We were playing at 3/4 capacity at most of the peak period last night, I think.

Yeah, i've stopped playing completely, the 5+ minute long map loading screen keeps me out.

Although, whenever I do get in, it's much more fun, in comparison to when I used to play like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom