• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icy said:
its been on a 24/7 rotation for like 2 months almost and you ask now... PUYO YOU ASK NOW

Rock2 is cool and all, but just change it back to regular rotation so people will actually play on it?

The problem I have with the achivements is how bad it'll break the team if the medics are focusing more on gaining the tough achivements rather then helping the team actually win.

Hey at least there will be medics, right?

Twig

Banned
Zek said:
Most people's complaint with crits is that they're completely random. This isn't. It's not the same at all.
I also believe it was a half-way facetious comment.

I'm just the translator! Don't yell at me!

Also crits aren't completely random so... it IS the same?!

Icy

Banned
Map Cycle with Auto Download:

es_cave7
tc_hydro
cp_well
cp_granary
ctf_convoy_v2
cp_dustbowl
cp_gravelpit
ctf_chaos
ctf_2fort
ctf_well
cp_badlands
cp_wolf2_b1

YakiSOBA

all these medics changes seem to have one goal: they want to have a larger medic presence in every single tf2 match being played.

Javaman

Death_Born said:
Rock2 is cool and all, but just change it back to regular rotation so people will actually play on it?

Hey at least there will be medics, right?

More like dead space on the teams. MIA players aren't much worse. Think of all the players that are going to be trying to get those achivements in the first couple of weeks. I might just have to sit out for a month or two if it turns out to be real annoying.

Capndrake

GAF, play more:

bloodletter.jpg

So, is it ethical to start a 'Free SexConker' movement?

I got banned for a week a while back, and while my productivity at work was WAAAAY up, I died a little inside.

omgimaninja said:
OK everybody get online tonight!!

Not a problem.

So, can we expect Medic Achievements and Goldrush tonight? I thought the plan was to release this all on the 20th, but when I mentioned Goldrush in the server last night, no one seemed to be expecting it.

And Valve time, yeah. Assuming they stick on schedule, it all drops tonight?

Twig

Banned
PotatoeMasher said:
Not a problem.

So, can we expect Medic Achievements and Goldrush tonight? I thought the plan was to release this all on the 20th, but when I mentioned Goldrush in the server last night, no one seemed to be expecting it.

And Valve time, yeah. Assuming they stick on schedule, it all drops tonight?
I thought it was the 20th! Where are you getting "tonight" from?!

TheOneGuy said:
I thought it was the 20th! Where are you getting "tonight" from?!

FUCK.

I just now realized that tonight is not the 20th. Since Valve tends to update on Thursdays, I guess I was thinking tonight.

Failure.

I'll still play tonight, though. :)

Twig

Banned
PotatoeMasher said:
Indeed. O:<

:D

I will play tonight, as well, during my Sam and Max Season Finale breaks. Or after I beat the game, whichever comes first. Probably beating it.

ANYWAY. Tonight, yes.

Icy said:
Avanti redone by us who did rock2 :D

Is this an updated version of the map I played on TheVille's custom server a month or so ago, or is it completely different?

The version I played seemed crazy early, with missing textures and really rough geometry. It was still great fun, especially having the TFC style control point gameplay. This looks nicer to me.

Capndrake

omgimaninja said:
Are there reserved slots/password/etc for Conkers or Icys server? I was just hoping to hop on w/some buddies.
Javaman/blood can activate them (blood's server), ask them when they're on. I'll play too.

Twig

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Are there reserved slots/password/etc for Conkers or Icys server? I was just hoping to hop on w/some buddies.
They are available, but they're also still partially broken. AFAIK.

Icy

Banned
I was able to fix the reserve slot system I had. All the previous people that were on it, are on it now. and its activated. But this is on my server and not conkers.

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
I was able to fix the reserve slot system I had. All the previous people that were on it, are on it now. and its activated. But this is on my server and not conkers.
o:

zomg a RESPONSE

eznark

Banned
I'm sure it's in this massive thread somewhere, but what servers are you guys playing on? (i'm new to the PC multiplayer thing, so finding servers is also new to me)

Icy

Banned
eznark said:
I'm sure it's in this massive thread somewhere, but what servers are you guys playing on? (i'm new to the PC multiplayer thing, so finding servers is also new to me)

Wow, I was playing Team Fortress 2 at a good resolution at a high FPS on PC. Life is finally getting goooood.

I'm being schooled though. I've played the 360 version since November and still feel like I barely know the game. Especially with it being so much faster on PC.

eznark

Banned
sorry to bug everyone with a tech question, but the last time I played TF2 I played it in a window, now when I try to open it it crashes after the Valve logo. Is there an easy fix to this?

nevermind, fixed it.

Icy

Banned
rakka said:
looks like icy's server (above) right now.

was sexconker's yesterday

@icy
did you stop using hlstatsx?

the website is gone.. but hlstatsx is still running and the db is fine. I have a whole new version I gotta install but it'll support a lot more now.

Zyzyxxz

where is everybody theres only 2 ppl in teh server right now?

We should have set up a steam community event.

Anyway Im gonna play gran turismo 5 for a little while and ill be back to check on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom