• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakka

been busy for the past couple days, might be on later though..

and yeah, the looong matches with warpath1 was part of why i liked it

Ysiadmihi

Banned
rakka said:
been busy for the past couple days, might be on later though..

and yeah, the looong matches with warpath1 was part of why i liked it

The best part of Warpath is switching to Spy and grabbing the last point completely uncontested. It hardly ever fails :D

Davidion

No Means Nomad said:
It's no CP_Falling.

This sounds oddly intriguing, whatever it is. :lol

Icy said:
actually it works perfect for TF2. Just no one wants to wait for downloads. :(

Yeah I'd love to see a good team fight over it. On top of the download time, the objectives does add a step of complication and depart form the norm. It's great for people who knows the map, but might be convoluted for people who don't.

I'd be up for a game if we can gather some folks.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Davidion said:
Yeah I'd love to see a good team fight over it. On top of the download time, the objectives does add a step of complication and depart form the norm. It's great for people who knows the map, but might be convoluted for people who don't.
All objectives beyond taking the flag to the capture point are entirely optional.

Davidion

Hitokage said:
All objectives beyond taking the flag to the capture point are entirely optional.

Eh, I think that TF2 map objectives have been so straight forward that people are generally more used to the simplistic approach. Between the map theme which goes over people's heads and the map goals which is quite rare in TF2 at this point, I just think that it turns off many players who wants more familiar and straight forward play, and this is been symptomatic of TF2 in general. Hell, up until recently we still had issues with keeping heads when Castle came on, and that's a straight forward attack and defend.

Whatever, that's all conjecture on my part anyhow. I like the map. It's perceived lack of popularity particularly irks some of us, I think, because it was such a popular map back on TFC.

Oh, and the shower grate is broken on the latest one I played. Icy, not sure if you know about that bug.

So...anyone remaking crossover? :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I can't blame people for being conditioned into distrusting custom maps, but if people have that much of a hangup figuring out a new map...

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:
I can't blame people for being conditioned into distrusting custom maps, but if people have that much of a hangup figuring out a new map...

there's always Miley Cyrus: Shopping Frenzy

Teknoman

Just got a message about GAF TF2 Tuesdays / Thursdays. Heh I just think its kinda cool how the message just sneaks up from the bottom corner.

Oreoleo

Yeah I guess that was Icy updating everything? Long overdue, nice work. Looks like my Tuesday/Thursdays are booked!
I need a job

Capndrake said:
Well, I'm gonna keep playing on the "unofficial" server.

Same here. I'm a little uneasy about this marketing push to get us relying on Icy's server again. We know how that worked out last time--SexConker came to the rescue. If everyone switches and Love Me Sexy shuts down next week, I fear for the future.

witness

I know people hate system requirements questions and all that, but is anyone running this game with integrated graphics? (I ran a Half Life 2 demo on it and it ran pretty good but the demo wasn't a crazy part of the game like how matches get crazy in TF2) Thats what my laptop has, the rest should be good though cause i have 2gb of ram and a dual core processor, but the graphics is what I'm worried about. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

I played the game and loved it on the 360 but I experienced terrible lag and after hearing and seeing how great it is on PC with all the great updates they keep doing for free I really want to get in on this.

Icy

Banned
witness said:
I know people hate system requirements questions and all that, but is anyone running this game with integrated graphics? (I ran a Half Life 2 demo on it and it ran pretty good but the demo wasn't a crazy part of the game like how matches get crazy in TF2) Thats what my laptop has, the rest should be good though cause i have 2gb of ram and a dual core processor, but the graphics is what I'm worried about. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

I played the game and loved it on the 360 but I experienced terrible lag and after hearing and seeing how great it is on PC with all the great updates they keep doing for free I really want to get in on this.

You should be alright as long as you keep your options low.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
PotatoeMasher said:
Same here. I'm a little uneasy about this marketing push to get us relying on Icy's server again. We know how that worked out last time--SexConker came to the rescue. If everyone switches and Love Me Sexy shuts down next week, I fear for the future.
Yeah well, whatever server has rock2.

Funny thing is, while Icy begged for money and SexConker is begging for his forum account, Icy's money management is no longer an issue. His host didn't want him to go, and after cutting a deal, it's booked for the next year.

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:

Funny thing is, while Icy begged for money and SexConker is begging for his forum account, Icy's money management is no longer an issue. His host didn't want him to go, and after cutting a deal, it's booked for the next year.

Yep. Conker just has to face it and let go. He violated the rules and thats what happens. No one is immune to them.

Yeah Server Host is taken care of. If people want to donate, they can contact me via PMs on how to do so. But the server is booked and paid for.

Capndrake

Hitokage said:
Both do, Icy has his own and Conker's has Aesoprock. I prefer Aesoprock since it's got that TF2 style while Icy's is more of a port of the original (Although I do like that it has Valve's unused rain effect).

exfixate

Hey -- I hopped on the Love Me Sexy server a few weeks ago and had a good time, have done a clean install of Vista since then though. What's the IP again?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Do a lot of you guys play on that one or no?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
exfixate said:
Hey -- I hopped on the Love Me Sexy server a few weeks ago and had a good time, have done a clean install of Vista since then though. What's the IP again?

We have been lately. There'll probably be a couple of us on later tonight.

rakka

exfixate said:

i'll be on in a couple minutes to play for a bit...

Javaman

witness said:

It runs pretty smooth on my integrated X200 with one gig and Athalon 3000+ with low settings. Definitely playable.

witness

Javaman said:
It runs pretty smooth on my integrated X200 with one gig and Athalon 3000+ with low settings. Definitely playable.

Yeah I just played it for like an hour now and it ran fantastic with everything on low (around 60fps as an eyeball test), may turn a few things up now when i play again lol. So much more fun and insane on PC, love it :D

rakka

witness, you can use cl_showfps 2 to display fps at the top right

nice games on ctfwell+gravel earlier... couldn't stay for dustbowl though :(

Firestorm

witness said:
Yeah I just played it for like an hour now and it ran fantastic with everything on low (around 60fps as an eyeball test), may turn a few things up now when i play again lol. So much more fun and insane on PC, love it :D

Ok. What the hell. Why is mine not like that. I have a dedicated card, same RAM amount, 2.0 Core Duo. But I hit 30 - 40 fps. Is it because I'm on Vista?

Firestorm said:
Ok. What the hell. Why is mine not like that. I have a dedicated card, same RAM amount, 2.0 Core Duo. But I hit 30 - 40 fps. Is it because I'm on Vista?

Depending on the drivers, Vista seems OK to me. I played TF on XP and then Vista over 2 days and I didn't notice any difference. Check basic stuff like your drivers, and turn off stuff like reflections or AA.

Every time I turn Team Fortress off I come on GAF, see the thread, and want to go back on straight away...

rakka

the resolution you play at (and are you in dxlevel 8 or 9?) might have something to do with it too firestorm.. (800x600 here all the time)

60fps always, virtualizing it in os x :D (limited using max_fps 60 though)

eznark said:
agreed (even if you were bitching about n00bs like myself last night)
Oh you misunderstood, I didn't mean newbies, new people are cool. I was talking to that guy who kept complaining all the while sucking, don't think it was you. He said something like "suck my cock" after I dominated him.

I play all games at 1020x768...really need a new monitor.

eznark

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Oh you misunderstood, I didn't mean newbies, new people are cool. I was talking to that guy who kept complaining all the while sucking, don't think it was you. He said something like "suck my cock" after I dominated him.

I play all games at 1020x768...really need a new monitor.

no, i doubt it was me, i was talking into my mic most of the night last night thinking something was messed up, not realizing I had to press v to talk, so no insults were hurled! Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom