• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Zyzyxxz said:
comon at least 4 medics?

More is always better and I think 4 is the max on a 24 person server

4 medics on a 12 person team? Who are you going to heal/uber? 2 medics is sufficient. Of course, we'll probably have horrible medics running around after the patch anyway.

Oreoleo

WhatRuOn said:
First time waiting on Valve?

Lol, no not exactly. I remember when HL2 was delayed from summer of '04 to the fall. That one stung pretty bad. The wait for EP1 was also obnoxious. But honestly my appetite for TF2 has been curbed substantially the last few days knowing the update is supposedly imminent. Medic is my favorite class and playing pre-update just feels kind of empty now. I know that sounds silly but it's true. And like I said they are running out of precious time. I don't care how good the update is, come Tuesday TF2 is going to be the farthest thing from my mind.

Zyzyxxz

Firestorm said:
4 medics on a 12 person team? Who are you going to heal/uber? 2 medics is sufficient. Of course, we'll probably have horrible medics running around after the patch anyway.

I've seen 5 medic teams which devastated the defense on dustbowl games like nothing.

Firestorm

Orellio said:
Lol, no not exactly. I remember when HL2 was delayed from summer of '04 to the fall. That one stung pretty bad. The wait for EP1 was also obnoxious. But honestly my appetite for TF2 has been curbed substantially the last few days knowing the update is supposedly imminent. Medic is my favorite class and playing pre-update just feels kind of empty now. I know that sounds silly but it's true. And like I said they are running out of precious time. I don't care how good the update is, come Tuesday TF2 is going to be the farthest thing from my mind.

This is like me waiting for Badlands except it was Brawl not GTAIV :lol

Icy

Banned
Big-E said:
3 is a good limit. I hope Valve doesn't release it today, I got an exam and don't want to be tempted.

All TF2 Updates have been done after 7pm est on Tuesdays and Thursday. if its not released tonight, we won't see it until next week.

They won't do a friday release, as if a major bug pops up.. they are pretty much gone for the weekend. and weekends.. well just like any other M-F Business.

Icy

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
comon at least 4 medics?

More is always better and I think 4 is the max on a 24 person server

Where do you buy your crack? What kind of blend is it.. cause it must be some awfully strong good shit. Please PM your dealer.

Holepunch

Well, in light of not having an update{again), heres a picture I got earlier today.

Thus being the face of a smug spy who backstabbed me once my uber ended.

eznark

Banned
The last game I played last night, blue had 5 engineers. Did I miss a joke or something, because I had no clue what was going on?

Icy

Banned
There's a rumor floating that the patch is going to be massive and includes achievements and new weapons for all classes (Yes this would make sense to do) But we're talking about valve here... and that we'll probably See it Monday Night now.

Cheeto

Icy said:
There's a rumor floating that the patch is going to be massive and includes achievements and new weapons for all classes (Yes this would make sense to do) But we're talking about valve here... and that we'll probably See it Monday Night now.
All classes? I doubt that. That'd take Valve like 2 years.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
All classes? I doubt that. That'd take Valve like 2 years.

Well I find it hard to believe that in 4 months they only managed to make 1 new map, 3 new weapons and achievements to be honest. And there was some leaked info about the engineer. So it could be true. I mean the people are talking about a 400-500mb patch.
Which is more than a map, some dumb achievements and 3 new weapon models.

Cheeto

Well Valve puts a lot more effort into testing then most. Making a fun and playable map for all classes in TF2, let alone a new gametype, isn't something to scoff at.

Sciz

Icy said:
Well I find it hard to believe that in 4 months they only managed to make 1 new map, 3 new weapons and achievements to be honest.
This is Valve we're talking about here. I'm sure they have all sorts of other stuff they're working on in the background, but I wouldn't dream of getting my hopes up for a mega-patch out of the blue.

Twig

Banned
Uh. I can believe engineer changes on top of the medic shit and new map. But there's no way in hell the patch will have updates for all the classes.
Icy said:
Its already shipping from amazon and gamestop.com
That was me pretending I don't know about Grand Theft Auto and that I could possibly care even a little about Turok, PC or otherwise.

In other words, "lol turok".

fallout

Icy said:
actually that screen shot is bogus. Valve operates their own mailing list,etc.
1. It was a non-Valve person emailing Robin. I assume they wouldn't be on Valve's mailing list.
2. Why would they bother faking a screenshot about this?
3. It's not coming early next week, anyway!

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
actually that screen shot is bogus. Valve operates their own mailing list,etc.
What does that have to do with the screenshot? At all?

It's a screenshot of the dude's Gmail account. Valve's... "mailing list" isn't going to change how it shows up on Gmail's end.

Icy

Banned
fallout said:
1. It was a non-Valve person emailing Robin. I assume they wouldn't be on Valve's mailing list.
2. Why would they bother faking a screenshot about this?
3. It's not coming early next week, anyway!

Do you realize how many ppl probably email them that very same question? They've never responded to anyone. They'll either do something with some media or post it up on the forums or their mailing lists before they'll respond to a single person. Valve isn't a very public friendly company. They fail and miss times they put themselves all the time and then never apologize or do anything to do keep a steady communication stream to the public. From a PR stand point they seem to shit on their own customers with that fact. "Comes out the week of the 20th".. week of the 20th goes by and then its silent.. and wallah some time later the patch.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well if that's true...

*looks up Valve time conversion*

3 months it is then! :p

Anyway, TF2's been crapping up on me recently. After maybe 30 minutes of play everything grinds to a halt (screen kinda freezes up) and occasionally I hear in-game sound come in for a split sec every so often (kinda like a super extreme case of lag). It feels like somethings buckling under pressure. But I've no clue what all-of-a-sudden crapped up. Updated audio drivers, video drivers are fine. Tried looking through support and couldn't find anything. Anyone have and suggestions/ideas?

1-D_FTW

Icy said:

The recent interview on Shacknews was talking about how roll outs are good. Play mode isn't received well? Don't do any more maps like that. Achievement system is broken, you only have one class (medic) that is messed up and you can implement lessons learned with future packs. Doesn't sound like they're hiding any great surprises. As for the engineer evidence sited in a lower post, it's already been stated the journalists were playing Goldrush/medic upgrade package that had engineer teleport and dispenser upgrades.

Icy

Banned
I'm working on adding a vote ban/vote kick system
or a votegag/mute system untuil I get some more admins resolved.

Too many racists coming on lately being stupid.

fallengorn said:
Anyway, TF2's been crapping up on me recently. After maybe 30 minutes of play everything grinds to a halt (screen kinda freezes up) and occasionally I hear in-game sound come in for a split sec every so often (kinda like a super extreme case of lag). It feels like somethings buckling under pressure. But I've no clue what all-of-a-sudden crapped up. Updated audio drivers, video drivers are fine. Tried looking through support and couldn't find anything. Anyone have and suggestions/ideas?
I had this sort of thing start happening to me all of a sudden. I tried a bunch of things, to no avail. However, I started disabling my anti-virus program whenever I start up the game and it hasn't happened since, so maybe you can try that. I use avast, if that helps.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
LouieGeetoo said:
I had this sort of thing start happening to me all of a sudden. I tried a bunch of things, to no avail. However, I started disabling my anti-virus program whenever I start up the game and it hasn't happened since, so maybe you can try that. I use avast, if that helps.
I do use avast!

I updated it though, and just played for a bit. Nothing's happened yet.

Icy said:
I'm working on adding a vote ban/vote kick system
or a votegag/mute system untuil I get some more admins resolved.

Too many racists coming on lately being stupid.
Yeah, like the "Yo-Fa family". So many racial slurs. D:

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Icy said:
Do you realize how many ppl probably email them that very same question? They've never responded to anyone. They'll either do something with some media or post it up on the forums or their mailing lists before they'll respond to a single person. Valve isn't a very public friendly company. They fail and miss times they put themselves all the time and then never apologize or do anything to do keep a steady communication stream to the public. From a PR stand point they seem to shit on their own customers with that fact. "Comes out the week of the 20th".. week of the 20th goes by and then its silent.. and wallah some time later the patch.
Robin Walker responds to private e-mails all the time.

Also, there is no way in hell that they're patching in the weapons/achievements for every single class with this patch. Give me a break... Why would they keep all that completely secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom