• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

1-D_FTW said:
You know what? I think I'd support Valve charging 5 bucks to unlock a class. I'd rather pay a couple dollars than grind. It's not in Valve's spirit to do this, but I hope they make an exception.
While I think this is a terrible way to get people interested in the medic class ... no. Just ... no.

Mr.City

fry_l.jpg

I waited for you, Valve

1-D_FTW

fallout said:
While I think this is a terrible way to get people interested in the medic class ... no. Just ... no.

Make the medics earn it:) But seriously, I'm sure a lot of the more specialized achievements are gonna be gamed by people not wanting to screw around. Or, in this case, a medic will be on you. You'll be thinking you have a medic on you. And at the worst possible time, he'll abandon you because he spotted a medic he thinks he can go ambush with his bonesaw.

I'm just saying if there's a couple achievements that really are annoying to get, I'd rather just pay a price than be stuck trying to do some specific sequence over and over (or arrange a dummy match to cheat.) Valve has stated they plan on having people unlock these things some other way. I'm just hoping it's available when my classes of choice get the achievements (and if I get stuck on 1 or 2 achievements I don't wanna do.)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
omgimaninja said:
I really hope so. Since these totals have already been tracking (total heal points, etc) I don't see why it wouldn't be.
It would be a nice way to reward people who've already played as medic.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
They've already said that Chief of Staff will be retroactive. Maybe stuff like the 10,000 healed record too. Most of the achievements are for stuff that isn't recorded though.

Icy

Banned
Countdown begins. :)

Tonight's Rotatio : GOLDRUSH and AVANTI

Goldrush cause its new.. Avanti cause of the nonstop chaotic fun and it helps our 3 limited medics on each team get their achievements =)

Don't want your client to download the maps? Download them now!
http://ironfist.net/maps/tf2/maps/

Won

Jokes? What jokes? :(

Icy said:
Countdown begins. :)

Tonight's Rotatio : GOLDRUSH and AVANTI

Goldrush cause its new.. Avanti cause of the nonstop chaotic fun and it helps our 3 limited medics on each team get their achievements =)

Don't want your client to download the maps? Download them now!
http://ironfist.net/maps/tf2/maps/

That reminds me:
Did you fix the camera setting for the death cam on your server?

Major bug found "that forces servers into a stress test where bots, barrels, and pylons randomly spawn until the server crashes itself, sometimes the servers crash the instant the command is input.

As of April 29th, at least 95% of TF2 servers are completely unprotected against this exploit, and this exploit has been known (but not put on the spotlight, until now) for at least a month."

Doubt medic update will come out today since hopefully Valve is working on this instead :(

Won

omgimaninja said:
Major bug found "that forces servers into a stress test where bots, barrels, and pylons randomly spawn until the server crashes itself, sometimes the servers crash the instant the command is input.

As of April 29th, at least 95% of TF2 servers are completely unprotected against this exploit, and this exploit has been known (but not put on the spotlight, until now) for at least a month."

Doubt medic update will come out today since hopefully Valve is working on this instead :(

Saw some bots today on Icys server. I thought he was doing crazy server stuff again.

But no problem with delaying! Wii Fit and GTA IV arrived today. :(

Capndrake

omgimaninja said:

I saw something similar to this yesterday on the Team Roomba server, but it was an admin doing it with sentries (And apparently barrels, heard some people talking about them but I didn't see them):

cp_dustbowl0012.jpg

Davidion

Capndrake said:
I saw something similar to this yesterday on the Team Roomba server, but it was an admin doing it with sentries (And apparently barrels, heard some people talking about them but I didn't see them):

I was all pissed that I missed that. :lol

Icy

Banned
There's a couple of crashes/exploits that popped up the last few days that causes servers to be brought to their knees. Not sure how its being handled with a patch.

As for bots. I have no bots on my server setup to be run.. unless its someone fucking around.

Firestorm

Icy said:
What if we added goldrush play format to WarPath :D

I just thought about it and it could be quite fun with some minor alterations with regards to enemy spawn points (or you'd never get the cart to the end point).

Icy said:
There's a couple of crashes/exploits that popped up the last few days that causes servers to be brought to their knees. Not sure how its being handled with a patch.

As for bots. I have no bots on my server setup to be run.. unless its someone fucking around.

Not allowing non-admins to run the sv_ command that causes all of this would be the fix.

Icy said:
Actually its a form of DDoS from hammering the server with commands.

That might be going around too, but 4chan just spent a night going into empty pubs and crashing them with the stress test command. Anyone being able to run a single command and crash a server? That's the biggest issue right now.

Icy

Banned
I just shutdown the server in preparation for the patch.

Medic limit of 3 is turned on. And its all set for 24/7 Avanti & Goldrush.

Once patch is out, i'll update it and bring it up.

Firestorm

I like how the kakthecheater moniker can be applied to TF2, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii.
I'll see you in goldrush cheater.

Davidion

Firestorm said:
I like how the kakthecheater moniker can be applied to TF2, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii.
I'll see you in goldrush cheater.

He has 9,500 points in MK!! I'd hate to see what he'd do to me in Brawl. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom