• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1up said:
I still havent gotten the 25 headshots achievement. Don't look forward to it either.
I hate being a sniper, so paranoid.

It's really satisfying when you play well, but I never trust myself to play the role without my back against a wall. Which is obviously a problem.

On the 360 I got the achievement by joining a game with 1 person in it and tormenting him for about 10 minutes, getting a headshot every time he tried to capture a point by hiding in the upper area in Hydro. I got 10 headshots before he quit. It was awesome.

Icy

Banned
Capndrake said:
Stabbing from below works as well! (Underwater)

I should post up the link to my hit box map.. its insane of all the points you can hit ppl with the knife and it registers as a backstab. :lol

Icy

Banned
The new Patch should be dropping on Thursday and from what I'm told, there's more than just Medic changes and the gold rush.

1up

D:

I had a blast playing Soldier last night when it was just 4 of us playing dustbowl. I have such a love hate relationship with crit rockets. :lol

I'll be on trying to get the sniper achievement tonight.

Icy said:
The new Patch should be dropping on Thursday and from what I'm told, there's more than just Medic changes and the gold rush.

I think we've heard about possible engineer upgrades too--upgradeable teleporters and dispensers maybe?

Capndrake

PotatoeMasher said:
I think we've heard about possible engineer upgrades too--upgradeable teleporters and dispensers maybe?
Probably, I believe 1up said those were in the game when they got to test Goldrush.

Level 3 teleporter only takes 3 seconds to recharge, level 3 dispenser heals slightly slower than a Medic.

Twig

Banned
Capndrake said:
Probably, I believe 1up said those were in the game when they got to test Goldrush.

Level 3 teleporter only takes 3 seconds to recharge, level 3 dispenser heals slightly slower than a Medic.
And heals multiple people, IIRC.

And as I said when it was first mentioned, that would be fucknuts insane.

As an engineer, the dispenser sounds cool. I'm basically forced in to a primarily defensive only role in something like 2fort, but that upgrade would make me a lot more confident about going further in to the map with a partner.

firex

dispensers already heal multiple people, unless you just mean a lot bigger aoe. or maybe they took that out while I haven't been able to play.

That's what I was thinking too, but TheOneGuy might have been talking about how the dispenser could heal at the rate of a medic, but only heal one person. Sort of a trade off I guess. I'm glad that may not be the case though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Having the rest of the engineer's stuff upgradeable sounds fantastic. Dustbowl is going to insane with lvl 3 teleports, though.

firex

I wonder if one of the things they could add for the engineer achievement set (maybe for getting all engineer achievements) is a way to pack up a dispenser/sentry you've already built and move it to a new location.

I wouldn't mind being able to set up multiple sentries. A level 1 sentry really isn't all that powerful, a pyro can take it out easily. Maybe give the option to set up 3 level 1 sentries rather than just one level 3 one. Maybe add some other perk, like the ability to put them on a moving track or something.

firex

I was thinking some kind of crazy backpack contraption where your sentry's regular guns would fire while you carry it (or your dispenser keeps healing you, and only you), but you move as slowly as a heavy with it strapped to your back. Something that at least offers the potential for some cartoonish looks to go with taking your gear mobile.

Or they could do something crazy like a 2-way teleporter, so both ends are entrances and exits.

Icy

Banned
sharkie said:
Had some time to kill after the Barca match :-( so I stuck around and helped fill Icys server

Good Job #2

I think we might be setting Medic and Engineer achievements/upgrades next patch. Would make more sense to do multiple classes per patch.

Icy

Banned
Looks like Patch is tommorrow.

Medic:
You get the new weapon that makes it impossible to crit who you're healing after 12 achievements

At 24 achievements, you get the 100% critter.

At 36 Achievements, you get the new Saw

Not sure if that was public yet or not. Trying to find out what else is being added.

Icy

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
What achievements are these? Ones you've already got or new ones just for the medic? I've never been certain.

whole new 36+ new achievements just for medic. All classes are going to get these type of achievements/upgrades at some point.

rakka

Icy said:
Looks like Patch is tommorrow.

Medic:
You get the new weapon that makes it impossible to crit who you're healing after 12 achievements

At 24 achievements, you get the 100% critter.

At 36 Achievements, you get the new Saw

Not sure if that was public yet or not. Trying to find out what else is being added.
stop posting incorrect info D:

new weapon that makes it impossible to crit who you're healing after 12 achievements
:lol no.

and yes there were details on the medic update/achievements made public ages ago. you even posted in the thread yourself :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278812

Twig

Banned
firex said:
dispensers already heal multiple people, unless you just mean a lot bigger aoe. or maybe they took that out while I haven't been able to play.
Er, yeah. I'm stupid. That's what I mean to type. Bigger AOE. I don't even know what I was thinking when I said that. D:

I will try to redeem myself as such:
But still! EVERYONE being healed at the rate of only slightly less than a medic heals is still pretty fucknuts insane. O:

Icy

Banned
New Avanti Screens.. Beta will be up on the sever 4/24

ctf_avanti_b4b_12.jpg

ctf_avanti_b4b_2.jpg

ctf_avanti_b4b_4.jpg

Firestorm

LV3 teleporters will:

- make it oh so satisfying to sap one
- oh so satisfying to sap the entrance
- worth sapping the exit as well as the entrance

Status