• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Crap. Was on a FSBanana server and forgot I had auto-join on another server. 10 minutes later and I left and lost my spot:(

Am I the only one who's having lag problems?

Coop

Does anybody have a list (or at least 1?!?) of working servers? *

*would search myself but my internet dies when I search for more than 70 servers(pos school IP)

Sciz

Goldrush was fun up until the point where I crashed horribly. Walking alongside the cart as a heavy is nice though, it's like having a mobile dispenser.

Javaman

Icy said:
nevermind. MY thing wasn't working right. Now its updating per class.

Java whats your total time played?
Looks like it's 422.

Sciz said:
Javaman, you have as much healing as an engineer as I do as a medic. :lol
Here's my full stats...
ilysyf.jpg

I wonder why the sentry kills aren't showing up?

Won said:
348 hours? What?
Freaking "World of Team Fortress" scale. That's just nutz!

April 29, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
Bummer

Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
Woot

Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements
Woot

aznpxdd said:
What program are you guys using to get those TF2 stats?
I'm using the one located Here

Icy

Banned
Valve issued a 2nd update and did not fix it.

They just asked ppl on the mailing list to submit some dump files. I sent mine in.

Kifimbo

First Gold Rush impression: fantastic. It feels well balanced. The first part of each leg is easier, because the attacking team respawn much closer from the cart than the defensive team. But for the second part, it's the other way around. The closer you get from the cap point, harder it is.

My first full game was great.

Firestorm

The server I was on was running the map, but now the spawns are messed up and people can't spawn for ages. It hits 0 and then resets the timer.

Goldrush is fun. I've already learned it decently (good 'ol tracks showing you the way) and it's fun. I don't like the narrow tunnels too much at points, but oh my god all those people bunched around a little cart ripe for the stabbing ^_^

Also, way too many medics around now ugh

Coop

Well I was able to play goldrush for a little bit before the server crash. Pretty fun (only played for like 10 minutes though). I kind of wish they released achievements/weapons for another class though. The one team had 6 medics and my team had 5. There was an uber going off every other second.

Kifimbo

I was lucky to play on a server with "only" 3 medics on each team, so I guess I was lucky the second time around. From what I saw, engineer are pretty important on offense, especially for the second part of each leg.

Won

Weapon unlocked!

33z43fo.jpg

So far so good. :D

Oh and I really feel that some achievments are impossible to get with proper play.

Won

omgimaninja said:
Uggh playing on a server with >5 medics sucks...I guess I'll wait a few days to enjoy playing goldrush or find one that limits the classes

I was quite surprised actually. Server started with 7 medics on each team but went down to 3 most of the time pretty fast. Don't think this will be an issue for too long. People still don't like the medic. ^^

Valve tests things to death, which is part of the reason why their products are always so top notch. But come on, whenever a big update like this is released there's always the chance of some major unforeseen problem. I'm not saying it's professional to have something like this, but it is forgivable.

Er...if they fix it ASAP, that is.

Icy

Banned
So they issued another patch and it states "Fixing the memory crash/loop error"

and guess what. It crashed at 6 players now instead of 1. :lol :lol :lol

Cheeto

Hey, worse shit has happened to updates that you had to pay for, be thankful that Valve is one of the few developers left that releases free content.

Icy

Banned
SenseiJinx said:
Valve tests things to death, which is part of the reason why their products are always so top notch. But come on, whenever a big update like this is released there's always the chance of some major unforeseen problem. I'm not saying it's professional to have something like this, but it is forgivable.

Er...if they fix it ASAP, that is.

They've issued 4 patches for the server tonight for this problem. No Excuse.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SenseiJinx said:
No, it isn't. This is a showstopper bug that they would have found had they run the dedicated server before shipping it.

Slavik81

Me this afternoon:
Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve! Fuck you, Valve!

Me right now:
I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve! I love you, Valve!

The same thing said different ways

Wow... talk about fucking win!!!

Update is awesome!

New animations, new textures (looks like anyways) new voices and medic finally doing some good on goldrush. Oh man this game just keeps getting better and better.

I feel sorry for console owners. :lol

Icy

Banned
I'll pull the password off once my server mods have been updated so that reserve slots work correctly again. Should be just a day.

aznpxdd

Ah...fuckin' awesome update. Too many medics at first but it eventually balanced out. Gold Rush has replaced Dustbowl as my favorite map.

Won

Medic achievements seem a bit weird. Second Opinion and Autopsy Report took me several tries to get. House call never worked.
Family practice will lead to many new steam friends. ^^

But stuff like Placebo Effect or Consultation will probably never happen without setting it up. :(

At least the Blutsauger is easy achievable for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom