• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Holy hell x *

349cmkm.jpg

Icy

Banned
1 FUCKING HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The long-waited required Team Fortress 2 update will be arriving soon.
Should be live in about an hour from now.

Jason

Capndrake

Ugh, 30 minutes after I'm going to bed. You guys better be on early the next few days, I don't want to wait until the weekend for epic GAFery :(

Capndrake

On the Valve forums some guy asked Robin Walker about new environments, and he answered that "two of the maps we're working on have a new environment". So that's at least 2 more upcoming maps :D

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Capndrake said:
On the Valve forums some guy asked Robin Walker about new environments, and he answered that "two of the maps we're working on have a new environment". So that's at least 2 more upcoming maps :D
Awesome we're getting a new environment.

rakka

yeah, definitely looking forward to goldrush but was somewhat disappointed with the lack of variety in environments. my younger brothers who dont play tf2 often get the maps mixed up... e.g goldrush looking like dustbowl. would definitely like to see some maps with themes outside of the usual mining/industrial/dusty/warehouses one

oh and :mad: that i can't play tf2 just as the update is about to hit :_(

1-D_FTW

PillowKnight said:
Icy there's no way you've played 410 hours of tf2

Probably on a a screwed up server. A lot of my detailed stat tracking seems to be borked, and it's from the one life I played on a random Badlands server (at release) that gave me 69 hours played for a 45 second life.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
PillowKnight said:
Icy there's no way you've played 410 hours of tf2

410 hours isnt that long. Maybe icy haxed it ;) , But i know someone who did over 400 hours and he hit that mark month or two ago.

Zyzyxxz

rakka said:
yeah, definitely looking forward to goldrush but was somewhat disappointed with the lack of variety in environments. my younger brothers who dont play tf2 often get the maps mixed up... e.g goldrush looking like dustbowl. would definitely like to see some maps with themes outside of the usual mining/industrial/dusty/warehouses one

oh and :mad: that i can't play tf2 just as the update is about to hit :_(

what do you want? Anything else would be betraying the theme of TF2 they got going.

Who the hell cares what your little brother thinks.

You want jungle? Arctic? Circus? Leave that to the fan mapmakers

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Zyzyxxz said:
what do you want? Anything else would be betraying the theme of TF2 they got going.

They've got a cartoony Cold War theme going. Something like a jungle or crazy moon base wouldn't be out of the question if done correctly.

Zyzyxxz said:

Sure, red and blu could definitely fight over a frozen dock ; the team defending is trying to microwave the dock to allow their ships out, the attacking team is trying to stop them . Jungle would also make plenty of sense, just think of how awesome leafy trees would look with TF2's style.

Coop

Update real soon? (i read the hour thing btw) I cant get on the steam boards

edit: finally got on, it's going really slow

Sciz

Crushed said:
They've got a cartoony Cold War theme going. Something like a jungle or crazy moon base wouldn't be out of the question if done correctly.
That rocket at the end of Dustbowl has to go somewhere.

Firestorm

[-]April 29, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

Improved particle performance on multi-core machines

Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved there from TF2’s multiplayer options)

Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes defined in Vista

Team Fortress 2

Added Goldrush

Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu

Added 39 Medic achievements

Added unique Medic items:
The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw

Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman
Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode
Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps
Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points
Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target
Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts
Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers
Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health
Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons
Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front
Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire
Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing
Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements

For mapmakers:
Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken
Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable
Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules
Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint

Granary
Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle
Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs
Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns

2Fort
Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways
Added small ammo and health to top of spiral
Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck
Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

Icy

Banned
Well server is updated. Keeps crashing.

I uninstalled all server modications, and its still crashing. ONly crashed on gold rush.

Jacobi

Banned

-.- Why da fok?

wat? I don't get it

Firestorm

Icy said:
Well server is updated. Keeps crashing.

I uninstalled all server modications, and its still crashing. ONly crashed on gold rush.

Oh that must be why my TF2 crashed. Was trying to connect to your server.

Jacobi said:

-.- Why da fok?

wat? I don't get it

If you pressed some key, I forgot which because I never use it, you can disguise as another member of your own team.

Jacobi said:

-.- Why da fok?

wat? I don't get it
A red spy, disguised as a red heavy, can now capture CPs. If you press - on the disguise menu you can disguise yourself as your own team.

Icy

Banned
So yeah the Client Patch is apparently fine.

Which the client can't play on the old server.

It needs the new server code. New server code patch, is fucking broke. Mailing list for DS is blowing up right now. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Valve Time has reached a new low. They've already released the update but we still have to wait to be able to play it.

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:
Valve Time has reached a new low. They've already released the update but we still have to wait to be able to play it.

Server update was issued. Just they forgot all the semicolons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom