• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I still can't get it working online. At first nothing shows up when i hit the find servers button it opens the box but doesn't come back with results and then after like 15 or 20 seconds it says No internet games responded to this query. Any idea why I can't find any servers?

MutFox

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hmm, I still can't get it working online. At first nothing shows up when i hit the find servers button it opens the box but doesn't come back with results and then after like 15 or 20 seconds it says No internet games responded to this query. Any idea why I can't find any servers?

hit "stop refresh" then hit it again.

"And I use a Mouse at 2000dpi/1000hz and a with a sensitivity of 10.
There's no chance your controller sensitivity will come close to that.

I can do a full 360 in .1 seconds :p"

:lol I'm not trying to get into an argument I'm just saying you can move pretty quick with a controller too. I'm gonna be using a kb/m anyhow so it doesn't really matter to me. But anyway I doubt everyone has it at your settings anyhow so that's pretty much a moot point.

"hit "stop refresh" then hit it again."

I thought I did it before but I tried it again and it works. Thanks for the help :D

"And not everyone has your controller at max either, so that's moot then too :p"

touche

MutFox

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"hit "stop refresh" then hit it again."

I thought I did it before but I tried it again and it works. Thanks for the help :D

Yeah, I was "WTF" the first time too...

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
My game crashes out after a round or two, usually about 15 minutes in. Something about a fatal exception. Bah!

psy18

CoLaN said:

thanks, but it doesn't work on mine :<.
Looping Sound Crash (LSC) on my TF2. :<
I also just found out my EPS.1 also had similar problem. WTF? It was fine a few months ago. :<

Defcon

Banned
irfan said:
Post more screenies, cant get enough of this game. 8+ hours till I get back home .. grr

breakleft.png

MutFox said:
And I use a Mouse at 2000dpi/1000hz and a with a sensitivity of 10.
There's no chance your controller sensitivity will come close to that.

I can do a full 360 in .1 seconds :p

How can you be accurate with such a sensitive mouse? Don't most FPS players have a low sensitivity to increase accuracy?

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Wowowowow

I'm really impressed. REALLY impressed.

Ran decently at home for the 5 minutes I had to check it out, which was surprising giving my dated hardware. Here at the office, though, its amazing.

I'm loading it up on our super beefy machine (quad core w/ SLI 8800GTX) - can't wait to turn on full HDR + motion blur. Mmm!

ex0du5

Banned
perryfarrell said:
How can you be accurate with such a sensitive mouse? Don't most FPS players have a low sensitivity to increase accuracy?

When I played CS professionally, I used a low sensitivity. Along with a nice big fUncpad, and a 1600DPI MX518, I'd use sensitivity = 1.3 in CS.

But nomatter, TF2 doesn't require pinpoint accuracy, except for the sniping.

Oh, and I'm really surprised by TF2. Turns out my favorite classes are Medic, Spy, and Engineer :D.

Druz

AstroLad said:
Haha well that's pretty cocky but we'll see about that. My guess is you have never experienced a truly skilled controller player.

I've seen plenty, but I'll never see them take on a M&K without lubing up first.

Damn my PC is really killing my performance it freezes up while loading some parts or I don't know all I know is that it's dying and my Spy backstabs along with it.

Dave Long

Banned
Druz said:
I've seen plenty, but I'll never see them take on a M&K without lubing up first.
Believe.

This point is just not debatable. You have to be an ultra-sucky player with mouse and keyboard to lose to a guy holding a gamepad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Druz said:

Well I don't know about all that but I am planning on customizing mines. My brother did a pretty great job on my 360 controllers already (custom Master Chief job), looks better than the official Halo ones imo. Also I usually tweak the physical aspects of the controller as well to optimize. But we'll see, the proof will be in the pudding . . . .

Borys

Banned
Are we really fighting with one guy that wants to play it on a PC with a console controller?

Man, sometimes the ellitism of PC ellitists is too much even for a PC ellitist like me.

MutFox

Banned
perryfarrell said:

Just need a steady hand, and practise.
You have to stick with it for a couple days, you get used to it.

I use it for CS: S and DoD: S aswell, get good enough scores.
(Maybe it helps that I get between 10fps and 25fps on those games, I dunno.)

1-D_FTW

I need to start playing with Gaffers. I was playing the game with the Capture the Intelligence. I was the only engineer building sentries to guard it. WTF, people?

And you gotta make 2 supply runs to build the entire sentry... so it's difficult to defend and build with no defenses against an entire team rushing you. And when I do get one built and have some cover, I can't built anymore. Grrrr!

Spawing in to start a new round and I'm surrounded by a bunch of Heavies! Are you kidding?! Why, dear god? If you wanna play some defense around our intelligence, build a damn sentry!!!!!!!

Borys said:
Are we really fighting with one guy that wants to play it on a PC with a console controller?

Man, sometimes the ellitism of PC ellitist is too much even for a PC ellitist like me.

I saw it more as a vicious French taunting than anything else.

KTallguy

Banned
perryfarrell said:

Oh and don't good players use a macro, like a toggle button to lower sensitivity when sniping, and then release it to go full sensitivity?

"Oh and don't good players use a macro, like a toggle button to lower sensitivity when sniping, and then release it to go full sensitivity?"

Ya if someone's into it enough they will buy the expensive mouse to have that feature. It's really nice but not worth the price in my opinion.

MutFox

Banned
KTallguy said:
Oh and don't good players use a macro, like a toggle button to lower sensitivity when sniping, and then release it to go full sensitivity?

Full sensitivity for everything. :p
I believe when sniping, if you can't pull off the shot within .5 seconds, you're dead.
Especially vs. other snipers.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya if someone's into it enough they will buy the expensive mouse to have that feature. It's really nice but not worth the price in my opinion.

I have a mouse that can do it,
but I'd rather have the extra buttons mapped to something else.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Oh and don't good players use a macro, like a toggle button to lower sensitivity when sniping, and then release it to go full sensitivity?"

I've got a Logitech G5 v.2. Not "expensive" per se, but lets you adjust the DPI on the fly. Up to five different settings I believe. Plus the Vista drivers for it finally work.

41O17f0BfDL._AA280_.jpg

"I've got a Logitech G5 v.2. Not "expensive" per se, but lets you adjust the DPI on the fly. Up to five different settings I believe. Plus the Vista drivers for it finally work."

Last I saw they were around $50-60 and for me that's a lot for a mouse, not sure if they dropped in price since then. I got a microsoft wireless set for $25 on sale and I think it works perfectly for me when I play.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Last I saw they were around $50-60 and for me that's a lot for a mouse, not sure if they dropped in price since then. I got a microsoft wireless set for $25 on sale and I think it works perfectly for me when I play.

Yeah, not saying it's cheap, just didn't know whether you were referring to that or some weird $150 "extreme gaming" mouse that I'm sure exists. As a general rule I always assume that no matter what PC equipment I have, there's always something at least twice as expensive out there.

AstroLad said:
Yeah, not saying it's cheap, just didn't know whether you were referring to that or some weird $150 "extreme gaming" mouse that I'm sure exists.

Ya I think G35s are about $100, last I saw the G15 keyboard was like $80ish. I wish I had that kind of money to throw down on a mouse and keyboard. :lol

Edit: By the way astrolad is astrolad your steam name too?

HomShaBom

Banned
Borys said:

Man, sometimes the ellitism of PC ellitists is too much even for a PC ellitist like me.
You're either with the PC Jihad, or you're against us.

there is deffo a resolution issue.

started at 1024 by 768 was fine for a few hours then upped it to 1280 by 1024 and boom crashes all over the place. went back and its fine again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom