• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

I'm running in XP with an 8800 GTX. Even though I choose the motion blur option, it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
6glx66q.jpg

Coop

I only played for about a half hour and this may be GOTY. The spy is probably my favorite class so far.. I snuck behind the blue team's line as a Medic and back stabbed 3 guys that were guarding the terrority zone(one was a Heavy). After that I ran down a hallway and was about to backstab a sniper but the he turned around. I was able to get a knife kill though; he had horrible aim.

I played for a few minutes before work and I love it!!

I'll hop on the GAF chat after work and hopefully play a few rounds with you guys. Look for puyo w/the Squirtle icon

How does the game run fps-wise for you guys?

I have a dual core Athlon, 2 Gigs, 7900GS and I would like to get some more fps. It can get very hectic at times and every frame counts in those circumstances. However, turning down detail to 'medium' doesn't have too much effect on fps.

MutFox

Banned
perryfarrell said:

I have a dual core Athlon, 2 Gigs, 7900GS and I would like to get some more fps. It can get very hectic at times and every frame counts in those circumstances. However, turning down detail to 'medium' doesn't have too much effect on fps.

I get 10fps to 25fps depending on the situation I'm in. :p
Athlon 1800+.. LOL

ghst

thanks for the laugh
"The servers are too busy to handle your request"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

ggnoobIGN

Banned
So, how do I get the game. My Steam still says unreleased or whatever.

And that scoreboard sucks. Hope they change it. I'm all about score/death ratio in TFC.

PatzCU

perryfarrell said:

Try turning off HDR, Motion Blur, Antialiasing, and Anthroscopic filtering. I would say your probably need HDR/Motion Blur the least, tweak the other two until you find a setting you can live with.

Unfortunately, I had to turn everything to low to get this to run at a decent speed. Still looks great though.

Jaagen

You do that. I have an X800 card, and I have everything on low so I gan get a smooth experience. It looks nice on low too, because the cell shading is so damn awesome.

psy18

Finally able to play the game.
Runs pretty smooth on 1024x768 with all high, 0xfsaa, 4xaniso, hdr, motion blur.
AthlonXP2500+, 1Gb DDR, Radeon X1650pro, WinXp.

I really love the style.
The heavyweapons guy i played with blabbers a lot, he's even louder than his minigun. And the VA is funny:lol.

I loved playing the medic. Healing have never been so fun :lol

too bad my system can't hold more than 10 minutes before crashing. :<

Jaagen

The thing I'll do when I upgrade my PC next month(in time for Episode Two) is to jack up the resolution to 1600x1200. It allready looks stunning in 1024x768, so I can't wait to see what it looks like in higher resolutions.

pxleyes

Banned
I think they updated something. My performance skyrocketed and the tearing and skipping are gone. Or it could be that I simply restarted. :lol

PatzCU

pxleyes said:
I think they updated something. My performance skyrocketed and the tearing and skipping are gone. Or it could be that I simply restarted. :lol

Restarted the game, computer, or just steam?

Falch

Was able to play for a while in the afternoon, but this evening the game keeps crashing on me. There's a lot of people who are experiencing crashes now, so I hope Valve fixes the problem soon. :(

Daigoro

you guys are KILLNG ME with these impressions.

i will be pre-ordering this week when the ol paycheck comes through. ill be around before the end of the week.

keep the impressions and screenshots coming!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Incredible. So much fun. Grens need reinstating, but other than that, this game is spot on. The medic is actually pretty damn fun to play. Scout melee could probably be nerfed a bit, but I'd need additional playtime to say for sure. Still, this has definitely been worth the wait.

I wish the respawn timers were shortened considerably, there's nothing more irritating than running around for 20 seconds, dying, then sitting for another 15. :p

ex0du5

Banned
Guys the motion blur works. It's just subtle enough to not be too noticeable, and it's awesome. Try this. Turn off motion blur. Stand in front of a player and look left right really fast, you'll notice he kind of skips along. Then try turning motion blur on, and you'll see he smoothly goes along. The motion blur is very subtle and realistic, best I've seen in any game. Some games really overexagerate motion blur to the point where it's distracting having it on.

After a few hours, I can firmly believe that this is the best online game I've played since CS Source came out. The graphics are incredible and the gameplay is perfectly balanced.

Buy this. Now.

Waku

Did TFC have Respawn Timer?

I mean i can live with the 20 Sec Timer but it can be a bit too long from time to time, slowes the Pace sometimes down a bit too much.

I'm really starting to luuuuuuuve the Enginer and the Hvy Weapons Dude.

Waku said:
Did TFC have Respawn Timer?

I mean i can live with the 20 Sec Timer but it can be a bit too long from time to time, slowes the Pace sometimes down a bit too much.

Not positive, but I seem to remember TFC's being nonexistent or so short as to be negligible. I look forward to TF2 servers with shorter respawn timers, just to see how it plays - I feel the same you do about the pacing.

pn18

Banned
why is this game so damn awesome? why is the beta better than final versions of other games? why is the overall design so great? oh god, why? :'(

MutFox

Banned
Can't wait for the community to start making maps for this game, most will be crap,
but there will be those few that will kick arse.

Plus having MANI setup for it would be great too...
(Not to mention MOD's.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom