• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Capping the final point on Gold Rush 3 is worse than the final point on Dustbowl. Fun map anyway, even if I'm not at all used to the layout yet. Lots of good opportunities to rocket and sticky jump around, and I fear going up against Javaman once he learns the map.

Yeah, without an organized defense Goldrush will be over fast, but I have a feeling that good defenses can shut the other team down easier, and that will happen once people start learning the map.

fallout

rhfb said:
game is shit now with 75% of all teams being medics...
Thankfully, people on the GAF server limited each team to roughly 3 medics (no limits set in place, but people realized the game would be shit, otherwise). Still more ubers than I'd like to face, but it was alright.

Sciz

I had a great time as a heavy earlier on a different server. Near-constant healing and ubers every twenty seconds or so.

I was too busy getting the medic achievements to enjoy dustbowl, but, the vampire medigun is really really good.

As far as the achievement goes, I think locking away the weapons was a really dumb idea. Hate it. If anything only the Ubersaw should be an unlockable.

aznpxdd

They seriously need to release 2 class unlockables at once next time...its getting really annoying having shitload of Medics playing just to get achievements.

Capndrake

evlcookie said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Valve left the developer unlock commands in. They can be viewed here, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7565748&postcount=43

That link is directly to the commands, if you dont wanna see em, dont click on the link.

Can't believe they left em in, and i can confirm that they work. Some people i know are testing it.
I just saw a guy doing that, he entered the command and instantly 39 messages popped up saying he unlocked each achievement. Hopefully Valve can see who earned them legitimately and who didn't, and then roll those who didn't back.

Won

Well that happens with a rushed out patch!

But seriously now, I already had a bad feeling with the "should be today, only one last issue bla bla". You don't work weeks and months on a patch and release it as soon you think it is done. Where was the QA, Valve?

rakka

(on fire)
rakka: MEDIC!
(medic runs right past me with bonesaw out)

kinda expected though :D

Valve left the developer unlock commands in.
oh valve :lol

what do you want? Anything else would be betraying the theme of TF2 they got going.

Who the hell cares what your little brother thinks.

You want jungle? Arctic? Circus? Leave that to the fan mapmakers
hey, valve already stated that they have new environments for a couple new maps they're working on (... betrayal?). anything wrong with looking forward to seeing what they'd be like?

eznark

Banned
That was a blast last night, I am so pissed i have this is finals week for grad school. Sons of bitches. I'll tell you what though, this has definitely made it easy to wait a week on GTA, as I can hop on for an hour of TF2 and get crazy ass mayhem in payload.

Icy

Banned
... so me and some other server guys tried seeing if this command is client side only or if you need to be on a server.. so we tried setting it up to reject it on the server and... we failed. It gave us all the fucking achievements. GG Valve.

1-D_FTW

rakka said:
(on fire)
(medic runs right past me with bonesaw out)

kinda expected though :D

oh valve :lol

hey, valve already stated that they have new environments for a couple new maps they're working on (... betrayal?). anything wrong with looking forward to seeing what they'd be like?

Yeah. I was running on fire and spamming the medic button and ultimately died in the middle of 3 or 4 medics standing around.

And the soldier gets so much hate by most medics. Was constantly at the top of the scoreboard and a lot of the time couldn't even get medics to stop and heal me, they'd prefer going 3 to a heavy (thank goodness some gaffers joined.)

It did please me (pre-patch) earlier yesterday when Puyo joined a game I was playing and was giving me some love (and some dick called him a noob for ubering the soldier.) Back when I was used to playing with medics, I could inflate a medics score quickly. Wish the scrub soldiers hadn't given soldiers a bad rep. I'm so used to fighting solo, my skills have eroded. Sorry for the rant, but it's long annoyed me when I'm at the top of the scoreboard, win MVP, and 3 medics spent the entire match humping demomen and heavies who weren't doing squat.

And, yeah, Goldrush rocks.

eznark

Banned
Icy said:
... so me and some other server guys tried seeing if this command is client side only or if you need to be on a server.. so we tried setting it up to reject it on the server and... we failed. It gave us all the fucking achievements. GG Valve.

Sounds like a nice excuse to get yourself some achievements!:lol

Won

Crushed said:
Icy, leave it in plz. Some of us non-medics want to unlock those.

Doesn't make any sense.

Oh and that console unlock stuff is soooo conflicting. Don't want to cheat, but I also don't want gimp my team because I try to kill 5 people with an uber ready. :(

Capndrake

Crushed said:
Icy, leave it in plz. Some of us non-medics want to unlock those.
At the very least, get some friends to help with the tougher ones, don't take the easy way out. I just played for three hours and already have 14/39.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Won said:
Doesn't make any sense.
Oh, I misread his post. I thought that he was saying it WAS possible to disable it with a server command.

Perhaps some of us should test this more. You know, just to make sure it wasn't one big fluke.

Let's try it.

eznark

Banned
Crushed said:
Oh, I misread his post. I thought that he was saying it WAS possible to disable it with a server command.

Perhaps some of us should test this more. You know, just to make sure it wasn't one big fluke.

Let's try it.

Maybe I'll have to schedule a longish "meeting" this morning so I can get home and "test" it with you before Valve shuts it off.

Won

Crushed said:

Let's try it.

The best is:

Test it, document it, make screens and send the results with your steam ID to Valve. This will help them, I'm sure!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
eznark said:
Maybe I'll have to schedule a longish "meeting" this morning so I can get home and "test" it with you before Valve shuts it off.
Seriously, my Medic playtime is like "4 seconds" while my Pyro playtime is like "50 years."

Perhaps this is a good way to boost my medic time. By using the medic to "test" this.
emot-sweatdrop.gif

eznark

Banned
Crushed said:
Seriously, my Medic playtime is like "4 seconds" while my Pyro playtime is like "50 years."

Perhaps this is a good way to boost my medic time. By using the medic to "test" this.
emot-sweatdrop.gif

I'm fairly worthless at the game so I play a lot of medic. I probably unlocked 5 or 6 achievements in an hour last night just playing straight.

What happened to the 3 medic limit last night Icy?

Capndrake

Icy said:
Apparently achievements_reset_all will reset them. Will have to get back the non-Medic achievements though.

Icy

Banned
Well the problem is. Achievements are not recorded server side (valve)

They are handled in various XML files on the client side. They can be modified easily, however there's various encoded tracking and timestamp ids/random #s that have to match the time/date of the save file, otherwise it reverts to a backup or it'll overwrite with a completely blank achievements.

I'm running a script tonight, as everything is logged on my server. Everyone who's used this cheat, is getting Medic Blocked for 3 months on my server.

Icy

Banned
eznark said:
I'm fairly worthless at the game so I play a lot of medic. I probably unlocked 5 or 6 achievements in an hour last night just playing straight.

What happened to the 3 medic limit last night Icy?

New patch broke all server mod coding. Once the server mods are updated, it'll all be back on.

It was fun blowing up medics for a while last night. The medic insanity will slow down once everyone realizes that they still suck.

Goldrush is a great game type, but I think it needs to be adjusted some as it seems to favor the attackers. That fucking cart cruises along with only one person near it and takes forever to slowly crawl backward. It might help things if the defending team could push the cart back with enough people gathered around it.

And fuck heavies with their bullshit critical bullet storms.

1-D_FTW

So everyone go to a random server and do it there:)

I don't see how it's different than 5 guys going into a server and gaming the achievements that way. It just expedites a stupid process. Achievements should not have value placed on them. Especially when so many are counter-productive to team play.

EDIT: Deleted edit. Maybe the difficulty in the later stages of Goldmine stemmed from not having enough offense in my matches. The final 10 feet where we would stall constantly had 8 medics hovering around a couple useless heavies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Icy said:
I'm included. When the hell did I ever play medic before last night?
Oh. Yeah, you're right, I never play medic either so I guess there's really no problem.

Oh well, it'll still be fun to mess with the Blutsaugher on Mario Kart.

I was wondering why i saw someone with a ubersaw already. Oh Valve. :lol

I just got off after playing for about an hour. Goldrush is a fucking fantastic map. Love the new payload game type. Got a few achievements, but really don't expect to go further than the first 12, so i was back to pyro and soldier after a short time.

Talamius

Tried this morning on a different server and knocked out about 5 of the achievements in 20 minutes, but man some of those you almost have to start your own server for :lol

Edit: And yeah, Valve has definitely solved the "no one wants to be Medic" problem pubs seemed to have. Now there's nothing BUT medics.

Icy

Banned
Talamius said:
Tried this morning on a different server and knocked out about 5 of the achievements in 20 minutes, but man some of those you almost have to start your own server for :lol

Edit: And yeah, Valve has definitely solved the "no one wants to be Medic" problem pubs seemed to have. Now there's nothing BUT medics.

Hopefully a server fix will be out tonight for the mods I use and that I can smash that.

Icy

Banned
Ya know I had a dream last night for an upgraded mini gun and all I saw was the heavy in a mech.. on wheels with spots for units to jump on like a carrier

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
evlcookie said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Valve left the developer unlock commands in. They can be viewed here, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7565748&postcount=43

That link is directly to the commands, if you dont wanna see em, dont click on the link.

Can't believe they left em in, and i can confirm that they work. Some people i know are testing it.
That's pretty tempting, I only unlocked 7 achievements playing last night. I suck at achievement unlocking.

Davidion

PillowKnight said:
Very tempting...although i've only got 18 more to go.

Tempting indeed. As much as some of these achievements are legit and sensible to aim for in a game, many, if not most of them, are just impossible without whoring circle-jerks.

It'll either be a year to unlock them or just use the unlock command.

I would like to unlock the 100% crit medigun with 26 achievements, because that seems the most I could probably get by playing normally.

Friends who used the code say the needlegun is probably the best of the 3. The bonesaw is nice, but the new medigun's 10% slower recharge is really noticeable.

1-D_FTW said:
It did please me (pre-patch) earlier yesterday when Puyo joined a game I was playing and was giving me some love (and some dick called him a noob for ubering the soldier.) Back when I was used to playing with medics, I could inflate a medics score quickly. Wish the scrub soldiers hadn't given soldiers a bad rep. I'm so used to fighting solo, my skills have eroded. Sorry for the rant, but it's long annoyed me when I'm at the top of the scoreboard, win MVP, and 3 medics spent the entire match humping demomen and heavies who weren't doing squat.

Was this the FPSBanana server? Those guys wouldn't shutup so I ended up muting the entire team.

When I'm not screwing around healing Nob as a heavy, I always will choose a soldier to follow.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Was this the FPSBanana server? Those guys wouldn't shutup so I ended up muting the entire team.

When I'm not screwing around healing Nob as a heavy, I always will choose a soldier to follow.

Who cares who you uber. Hell there should have been achievements for Ubering a scout and getting x kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom