• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

TheOneGuy said:
You know. I don't get why that is too tight for scouts. As a frequent scouter, I can already see tons of possibilities for dancing around the enemy team in that one screenshot you posted!
I don't know, maybe I haven't given them enough time yet. I play scout a lot too, but I can't seem to make it work on GoldRush.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Tried playing Goldrush online for about 5 minutes and was...kind of bored actually. Maybe I need to play some more, but as of now I actually prefer cave7 to it :lol

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
I think Valve will patch the new Medic saw soon. Right now it charges the uber WHILE you are being ubered, so if the ubered Medic hits four people he can turn around and uber the other medic...and so on.

There is a video of youtube of 2 good medics doing this tactic. One ubers the other medic who is attacking with the ubersaw. He hits four people, then turns around to uber the other medic who pulls out his saw. Plus the new saw has CRAZY high crit rate.

it'll probably be patched to not charge while being uber'd.

Capndrake

Davidion said:
Yeah but I can think of a few places with high traffic, where such a setup could be really effective. Choke points leading into open areas in dustbowl, first cap/second checkpoint in goldrush, mid-point in warpath, etc.
Two Medics on the Team Roomba server tried this on me :lol

I'm pretty sure I hit about 3 people with the rifle during each, but no hits were criticals (It can crit during Humiliation though so that's a bit weird).

Also, we just did some more whoring and I now have the Ubersaw :D

Only need 36/39 achievements to get it, because the Milestones actually count towards the unlock numbers. It plays heavy metal-esque guitar music when taunting instead of the normal violin music.

Icy

Banned
This weekend I thnk the new rotation is going to be set:

pl_goldrush
cp_dustbowl
avanti_b1
warpath2
tc_hydro

Sciz

Capndrake said:
Only need 36/39 achievements to get it, because the Milestones actually count towards the unlock numbers.
I was wondering about that. I guess that means I don't actually need to grind out ten thousand healing. But I do still need Ubi Concordia.

PillowKnight said:
Yeah we need to finish those sometime, Won didn't even get his soldier achievement.
Neither did I. The first time the guy started firing before I even ubered him and the second time he was afk. Fun times today though.

Won

PillowKnight said:
Yeah we need to finish those sometime, Won didn't even get his soldier achievement.

:(

Don't really want it. I think the 10k heal and the falling one are the only two that are actually halfway achieveable (whorable) that I miss. The Soldier one is even with set up pretty hard. And more than 4 people just doesn't really work.^^

Will happen sooner or later.

Firestorm

Damn. It's impossible to play Spy at times in Gold Rush. Specifically when the cart is in/near the tunnel. You just can't get behind them. There needs to be alternate routes for spies and pyros to get behind the enemy!

Won

Firestorm said:
Damn. It's impossible to play Spy at times in Gold Rush. Specifically when the cart is in/near the tunnel. You just can't get behind them. There needs to be alternate routes for spies and pyros to get behind the enemy!

Part 1? There is a way.....

Capndrake

Firestorm said:
The tunnel in stage 1? Or the one in stage 2? Both have alternate paths to get behind.

So how do reserved slots work now? Are all GAF members elgible for them? It's so annoying trying to join the server without one since you can't auto-retry.

Davidion

Capndrake said:
Two Medics on the Team Roomba server tried this on me :lol

I'm pretty sure I hit about 3 people with the rifle during each, but no hits were criticals (It can crit during Humiliation though so that's a bit weird).

Also, we just did some more whoring and I now have the Ubersaw :D

Only need 36/39 achievements to get it, because the Milestones actually count towards the unlock numbers. It plays heavy metal-esque guitar music when taunting instead of the normal violin music.

Bastard. :(

Slo

CrookedRain said:
So how do reserved slots work now? Are all GAF members elgible for them? It's so annoying trying to join the server without one since you can't auto-retry.

Yeah, do i have to donate or what?

rakka

probably by donating yes, at least for icy's

for conker's, he'll give you a slot on his server if you ask him (i think they're off right now however)

capndrake said:
Also, we just did some more whoring and I now have the Ubersaw
;_; i don't have any of the medic achievements.

Javaman

rakka said:
probably by donating yes, at least for icy's

for conker's, he'll give you a slot on his server if you ask him (i think they're off right now however)

;_; i don't have any of the medic achievements.

Yeah, me neither. My personal achievement is to see how long I can maintain that.

Sciz

What's with that, anyway? We had a server half full of GAFfers, and when Casbah loaded up there were three of us. You people should have it.

(also, message me over Steam if you're a kind soul and want to help me get the last one or two I'm missing)

n0b

Sorry if people still needed my help when I never got around to getting back, my sound card decided it didn't need to work anymore, and fixing it took a while. By then I had to get back to studying for exams. >__>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Firestorm said:
You don't count.
t9tc9e.gif
superpeach-ludwigsnaked919.gif

fallout

Firestorm said:
Icy, why remove dustbowl, the one map that's universally loved? >.>
It was loved by me until it became all we ever played. cp_well for 10 minutes and then BAM, RTV for Dustbowl. Yay.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God dammit, if you have the Kritzkrieg PLEASE TELL YOUR TEAM. We were having trouble getting the cart to go the final 4 feet, and only at the very end do I learn we could have killed off all the red team players who just wouldn't go away.

Sciz

Kritzkrieg sounds really cool in theory, but my experience has been that the medic tends to die horribly partway through before getting much done.

Or if your name is Won and you're kritzing me, I fail to get much done because my aim as a soldier is lousy. ;p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, you certainly crit-uber under different situations than the normal uber, and I felt at the time dealing damage was far more of a concern than preventing it.

Sciz

It's extremely situational. I've seen it used to great effect, but it really requires the element of surprise. And you just don't get that on Gold Rush, at least not within striking distance.

I'd love to unload it from behind an entire team that's hugging the cart, though. :D

Which reminds me, on defense on the last third of the map, engineers can't build anything in the tunnel beyond the first door from the spawn. Very lame, Valve.

I'm so happy. Now that school is done, I tackled my laptop's heat problems head-on. It now sits on top of a fan cooler base thing. RMClock is configured to keep my CPU from throttling as it would make itself do every 30 seconds. And I updated my graphics drivers.

As a result, I just played a few full rounds of TF2 with an average of 30FPS! This is much better than my previous average of 7FPS and so much more playable. :D

And I must say, I am also a big fan of Goldrush. It's a much more easily appreciable map than Badlands, in any case, with thought given to each class. I've been playing as mainly Engie and Pyro in it (and the occasional Medic, of course), and been having great fun the whole way.

Oh, and I have the Bluetooth headset now that was advertised on a thread in Gaming as free, so don't be too surprised to hear my voice once in a while.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
PillowKnight said:
From the comments below it sounds like another achievement whoring session should take place. We should pw lock a server and just get everything done with! I only have a few left until Ubersaw.

Thinking about it, these medic achievements aren't all that bad. Just think about the achievement set when it's a class you totally hate/suck at. *cough*spy*cough* But I guess those aren't as bad as medic, in the sense that sooner or later everyone ends up filling in as the medic and you want to have all the options open for you when you play him. Having a any of the others as a "gimped" class really doesn't hurt the team.

Sciz said:
It's extremely situational. I've seen it used to great effect, but it really requires the element of surprise. And you just don't get that on Gold Rush, at least not within striking distance.

I'd love to unload it from behind an entire team that's hugging the cart, though. :D
Oh god, pyros can have a field day with that one on the first two stages.

Won

Sciz said:
Kritzkrieg sounds really cool in theory, but my experience has been that the medic tends to die horribly partway through before getting much done.

Or if your name is Won and you're kritzing me, I fail to get much done because my aim as a soldier is lousy. ;p

I think most people still need to get used to it. Tried different players and different classes and it is really hard to use. Most people don't even realize that they got ubered, some still jump in the middle of a group of enemies and so on.
And so far I would say it is a horrible item. (for something that you only can change at the spawn point) With the medigun you and your target is invulnerable AND has a chance to crit the enemy. With the Kritzkrieg you crit like crazy, but you don't have a chance to get invlnerable. The 10% faster charger rate also doesn't really help with it.

Maybe it helps, if you don't try to get as many rockets out as possible as soldier. Stay back with your medic and shoot your enemies from a greater distance. (Basically everyone tries to hide in front of the gates on Gold Rush. Just not a good idea with the Kritz)

Davidion

Sciz said:

Won (who seems to be getting annoyingly good as a medic, btw) kritzed me last night as a Soldier and it was great, took out a gaggle of about 5-6 enemies within a few seconds. Good times! I was an instant believer. :lol

Oddly enough in light of the soldier conversation that we had yesterday, this almost feels like it's going to be equally beneficial to practically any class, though it seems like it'd be a little more situational than the normal uber. Its effective time does seem a lot shorter though?

Icy

Banned
dustbowl is in the rotation, I forgot to write it in.

when the server changed to casbah last night, the download for the map was corrupted. I fixed it about 5 minutes after, but everyone who had issues went elsewhere.

Won

Davidion said:
Won (who seems to be getting annoyingly good as a medic, btw) kritzed me last night as a Soldier and it was great, took out a gaggle of about 5-6 enemies within a few seconds. Good times! I was an instant believer. :lol

Oddly enough in light of the soldier conversation that we had yesterday, this almost feels like it's going to be equally beneficial to practically any class, though it seems like it'd be a little more situational than the normal uber. Its effective time does seem a lot shorter though?

I need both of you on my team. Want to test the effectivness of juggling 2 soldiers with the Kritz!

Oh and @crooked rain: You sniped me yesterday around 8k healpoints crushing all my hope for the 10k achievement. You are on my "list" now. Have fun! *diabloc laughter*

Won said:
I need both of you on my team. Want to test the effectivness of juggling 2 soldiers with the Kritz!

Oh and @crooked rain: You sniped me yesterday around 8k healpoints crushing all my hope for the 10k achievement. You are on my "list" now. Have fun! *diabloc laughter*
I did it yesterday easily, here's what you do, join a 32 person warpath server and stay out of the fire.

I'm gonna agree with you on the critzcrieg, for the most part it sucks. While playing medic, im having a hard time finding good use for it. While playing other classes I rarely have enough people around to make good use of it, or even worse, when you have a crit uber and the enemy counters with a regular uber. The only time it's been used sucessfully on me was on dustbowl, crit rockets into the spawn tunnels is very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom