• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0b

JoeFu said:
The fatty got his heals from doytch and we wonz.

Great games on dustbowl. n0b, get a mic.
Have one, don't use it unless other people are not around. Besides, my E key works perfectly fine. :p

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
Does anyone else have their medigun healing beam visually get stuck on certain players when you're actually healing someone else? Other times, there is no beam coming out at all. It happens quite often for me and it really makes things confusing sometimes.

do you have the 1 click heal option on?

Icy

Banned
It might not be getting the signal for some reason that you click to stop healing to move on another target.. my only thought.

Firestorm

I disliked the single-click healing thing. I turned it off again after playing with it for a few days. Became a bit of a bother for me when I was trying to heal multiple teammates during a fight.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wow, just found that you can really screw up your stats board with an empty or near empty goldrush map. Even your suckiest class can earn 20-25 points in one life.

Firestorm

This is why I love TF2.

And I just unlocked the "Top of the scoreboard without a kill" achievement or whatever so I finally got my vampire needle shooter thing ^_^

Icy

Banned
I got a couple requests about reserved slots. Reserved slots are offered, as a donation only bonus. Please contact me via PM about donating.

Icy

Banned
Top 25 as of this morning..

2wn8op4.jpg

Icy

Banned
Won said:
lol server rankings.

The "other" server's rankins are kinda ridiculous. I just looked over the points system he's using for calculation. Yeah he made the mistake i made back in January.

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
The "other" server's rankins are kinda ridiculous. I just looked over the points system he's using for calculation. Yeah he made the mistake i made back in January.
grats you

As Won so eloquently put it, "lol server rankings"

Won

They suck no matter what point system you use. But hey at least we got a jab against "that other server" out of this, right?

Cheeto

omgimaninja said:
To those who have unlocked the weapons, what are your thoughts on the crit-gun? I'm 2 away from getting it and curious to try it out.
I think it needs to charge faster to make it worthwhile.

omgimaninja said:
To those who have unlocked the weapons, what are your thoughts on the crit-gun? I'm 2 away from getting it and curious to try it out.
1) The crieg shouldn't be used like a regular uber, instead of ubering when you come across damage, uber when you see large groups of people.
2) The crieg is best used juggled, find a soldier/demo who's firing and target them, although two demos are preferable. The juggling helps mitigate the fire/reload time and allows you to get more crits out.
3) As of right now many people don't know what the crieg uber looks like...so get used to guys just ignoring it. Also be used to people using it like a regular uber and running to their deaths.
4) The crieg is extremely useful for defending the payload in goldrush.
Forgot one:
5) Do NOT uber a pyro, the dozen or so pyros i've ubered have netted me a total of 0 kills. They literally die within seconds of rushing in.

Not done testing it yet, but i've gone from "It sucks" to "it can be useful".

Won

PillowKnight said:
3) As of right now many people don't know what the crieg uber looks like...so get used to guys just ignoring it. Also be used to people using it like a regular uber and running to their deaths.

Love that one. *activates uber**target reloads and walks away from the battle* Great!

Icy

Banned
Won said:
Love that one. *activates uber**target reloads and walks away from the battle* Great!

Its cool looking. Red lightning all over my weapon. Works great for large groups chilling on the bomb that need taken out.

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
1) The crieg shouldn't be used like a regular uber, instead of ubering when you come across damage, uber when you see large groups of people.
2) The crieg is best used juggled, find a soldier/demo who's firing and target them, although two demos are preferable. The juggling helps mitigate the fire/reload time and allows you to get more crits out.
4) The crieg is extremely useful for defending the payload in goldrush.
Forgot one:
5) Do NOT uber a pyro, the dozen or so pyros i've ubered have netted me a total of 0 kills. They literally die within seconds of rushing in.

Not done testing it yet, but i've gone from "It sucks" to "it can be useful".
Have you tried a heavy? I mean... there's nothing like a string of heavy crits to clear out a large group of people. Even a sentry with an engy sitting behind it!

Especially if he's both uber'd and kritz'd.

TheOneGuy said:
Have you tried a heavy? I mean... there's nothing like a string of heavy crits to clear out a large group of people. Even a sentry with an engy sitting behind it!

Especially if he's both uber'd and kritz'd.
Yeah...so far i've had terrible results with heavy. Reason being I can never seem to catch groups in action. On average, heavy ubers net about 1 kill.

Class kills/uber :
1) Soldier : Normally 3-4 kills per uber.
2) Demo : Some sentry kills, average 2 kills per uber.
3) Heavy : 1-2 kills.
4) Pyro : 0 kills

Given, I haven't ubered very many people who I trust, it could also only be a matter of timing.

Icy

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Yeah...so far i've had terrible results with heavy. Reason being I can never seem to catch groups in action. On average, heavy ubers net about 1 kill.

Class kills/uber :

Given, I haven't ubered very many people who I trust, it could also only be a matter of timing.

Timing and Placement of players basically. With a heavy if you get a group of guiys just standing there shooting sure you'll get 4+ kills. But if their hopping around 1-2 like you said. The soldier is really dependant on that splash damage.

Twig

Banned
A kritz'd heavy (played by a good player) should be able clear out anyone standing on, say, points A or B in Gravelpit, or coming out of spawn on Dustbowl area 3, or etc.

Obviously he's not going to be useful in every situation, but neither will a soldier or demoman or pyro or engineer or sniper or scout or spy or medic. D:

n0b

PillowKnight said:

Class kills/uber :

From the times I've been crit ubered as a heavy, it really seems like you need to be doing a surprise attack for it to work, the other team can run away too easily unless you are on their retreat path. Not enough accuracy.

Won

PillowKnight said:

Class kills/uber :

Scouts! Ended up with a scout between cart and red spawn yesterday on gold rush. So awesome.

And heavy is once again everything about surpression. Just played a couple rounds as heavy with a Kritz in my back. Killed about 1-3 everytime and damage everything badly that showed itself.

n0b said:
From the times I've been crit ubered as a heavy, it really seems like you need to be doing a surprise attack for it to work, the other team can run away too easily unless you are on their retreat path. Not enough accuracy.
Yup this is exactly what happens, everyone always scatters.

I played a little bit last night and a crit ubered scout on the other team seemed to be pretty effective. Then again, it was one of the worst teams I've played with since the patch came out.

eznark

Banned
CrookedRain said:
I played a little bit last night and a crit ubered scout on the other team seemed to be pretty effective. Then again, it was one of the worst teams I've played with since the patch came out.

Allright, go Red!

Xater

I just wanted to say tha tI ordered my copy of the game after I could try it out yesterday on my iMac. Can't wait to play some more it's way more awesome than the 360 version and it's shitty netcode.

I just hate that I have to wait for the game. :(

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Yup this is exactly what happens, everyone always scatters.
Yeah, but isn't that fine? It induces panic, which leads to bad decisions, which leads to death from the rest of your team.

Sciz

A good Avanti game would be fun. The last couple times I've played it, about three of us had a clue what do to and it ended up being twenty minutes of toying with unsuspecting BLU players.

eznark

Banned
omgimaninja said:
What should we play tonight?

Should it be Medic Achievement Monday, Goldrush-a-thon, We Wanti Avanti, Bloodbath Warpath ??

This is the type of post that is making me so look forward to Thursday. grad school is done for a few weeks and the girlfriend is out of town. TF2/GTA/MKWii a thon.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
What should we play tonight?

Should it be Medic Achievement Monday, Goldrush-a-thon, We Wanti Avanti, Bloodbath Warpath ??

I can throw whatever on. I should be home by 7pm est.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy said:
I got a couple requests about reserved slots. Reserved slots are offered, as a donation only bonus. Please contact me via PM about donating.
I thought nobody needed to donate anymore. :p

Valve really needs to patch that unlimited uber exploit already.

Edit: I'm guessing that's going to happen today.

Sometime later today, we'll be releasing a required Team Fortress 2
update.

Jason

Xizk

I sure hope this update fixes my performance trouble I got from the goldrush update. Getting fps as low as 9fps in fire fights and lowering the graphic settings doesn't help. I have a Quad core and 8800gt. Before this update i used to get 90+ fps on everything set to highest.

Icy

Banned
Xizk said:
I sure hope this update fixes my performance trouble I got from the goldrush update. Getting fps as low as 9fps in fire fights and lowering the graphic settings doesn't help. I have a Quad core and 8800gt. Before this update i used to get 90+ fps on everything set to highest.

Doubt it. These patches the last 3 days have been only for exploit fixes.

1-D_FTW

Was there a patch on Saturday/Friday night? I got the old updating pop-up when I went to play on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it downloaded a very small update. It's been unstable ever since. Had a couple more crashes yesterday. One booted me at the end of a match for a screenshot buffer overflow and the other just crashed to desktop again. It's the first time I've ever had issues with performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom