• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Banned
Giganticus said:
Confession: I haven't played TF2 since the patch :O
You haven't played Goldrush at all???? :O
It's a pretty good map, my favorite one actually (or at least the only one IÄm playing right now)

Capndrake

I like Goldrush but the final cap on every stage really seems way too easy to defend. Maybe people just need to get more used to the map, but whenever BLU fails, it's always the final cap of a stage. The one on stage 2 is the one where I've personally failed the most.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Capndrake said:
I like Goldrush but the final cap on every stage really seems way too easy to defend. Maybe people just need to get more used to the map, but whenever BLU fails, it's always the final cap of a stage. The one on stage 2 is the one where I've personally failed the most.
I think it's area 1 that has an amazingly defensible spot to put a sentry near the cap point. Engineer and dispenser can hide behind a wall without anything close to a vulnerable line of sight except from respawn(or if the sentry is built too far from the edge allowing splash to spill over) and it's not an easy place to stickybomb.

Jacobi said:
You haven't played Goldrush at all???? :O
It's a pretty good map, my favorite one actually (or at least the only one IÄm playing right now)
Not at all. I've not even seen it yet. I would blame it on:

Looking good!

Maybe I'll play tonight or on the weekend.

Twig

Banned
^ Haha, Giganticus. Nice name.

Castle 4 looks badass.

I'll have to ask bloodletter to put it on the server if he hasn't already. o:

Capndrake

TheOneGuy said:
^ Haha, Giganticus. Nice name.

Castle 4 looks badass.

I'll have to ask bloodletter to put it on the server if he hasn't already. o:
He needs to update some maps, Warpath, Corporation, Steel and a few others are all outdated.

I'd also like him to add Aqua.

Won

Capndrake said:

Well it is Dustbowl 2.0 after all. And point 2-2 is pretty awesome. Enough ways to attack the big first area. For the last few meters you need to put some serious effort (ubers and flanking) into it, but then it only takes a few seconds to end the part. (like Dustbowl!)

And I really like to play heavy on the map. Had an incredible run in part 1 from the spawn area to the second point, always next to the cart, always moving, always firing, without a break. What an awesome feeling. Too bad no medic permanently sticked to me. Easy Big Pharma.^^

eznark

Banned
I want to hear the Crushed banned story. This server drama is like a soap opera all day long at work. Awesome when it flares up.

Twig

Banned
eznark said:
I want to hear the Crushed banned story. This server drama is like a soap opera all day long at work. Awesome when it flares up.
From what I can tell, Crushed was banned for no good reason from Icy's server, Crushed asked Icy about it, Icy when batshit, Icy put Crushed on ignore, and Crushed is still banned.

In other words, I have no fucking clue.

eznark

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
From what I can tell, Crushed was banned for no good reason from Icy's server, Crushed asked Icy about it, Icy when batshit, Icy put Crushed on ignore, and Crushed is still banned.

I smell reality streaming tv show

Cheeto

TheOneGuy said:

I wouldn't be suprised by this. I've seen Icy kick/ban people for asking why the map changed.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
I wouldn't be suprised by this. I've seen Icy kick/ban people for asking why the map changed.

Not true at all. This will not be address here and this is going to be the only post on the topic. This thread is about Team Fortress 2 PC Online Play, maps, problems with the game, servers we're playing on. The one I have, the one Conker is running. Not about Drama or bannings or kickings. or any other shit involved on my server or elsewhere. I know I'm not a mod, but lets keep this on topic of what its about and prevent this thread from being troll'd to death and being derailed and possibly locked. :(

Crushed knows how to reach me on Steam. He can reach me there. Thanks!

Twig

Banned
Funny how all the drama could've been avoided had you simply answered him the first time he asked!

As I recall, he even PM'd you on the forums.

Boom.

Cheeto

Icy said:
Not true at all. This will not be address here and this is going to be the only post on the topic. This thread is about Team Fortress 2 PC Online Play, maps, problems with the game, servers we're playing on. The one I have, the one Conker is running. Not about Drama or bannings or kickings. or any other shit involved on my server or elsewhere. I know I'm not a mod, but lets keep this on topic of what its about and prevent this thread from being troll'd to death and being derailed and possibly locked. :(

Crushed knows how to reach me on Steam. He can reach me there. Thanks!
Bullshit. Kick/Banning is every bit of related to Team Fortress 2 online play. I know other people on the forum witnessed what I'm talking about the other day. Somebody quietly complained about something trivial, you said quote, "hmm" and then "**** left the game(Kicked by Console)"...moments later someone else questioned the kicking/banning, and again "*** left the game(kicked by Console)".

I said, "wow" and another person said "that's fucked up" in team chat, luckily we were on your team so we didn't get the ban hammer as well.

Twig

Banned
Guys there's no point. Icy's just going to ignore you like he ignores everyone else who has any complaints, no matter how trivial or massively important they may be.

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed clients getting the "Reliable snapshot overflow" error
* Fixed another unlimited UberCharge exploit
* Fixed elevators not working in user maps
* Networking optimizations

Firestorm

CrookedRain said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed clients getting the "Reliable snapshot overflow" error
* Fixed another unlimited UberCharge exploit
* Fixed elevators not working in user maps
* Networking optimizations

:O

Bunny

No Means Nomad said:
You work fast Crushed.

crushedloevcomputargaf.gif

Crushed said:
I didn't work at all, I played like one game and the next time I connected I was banned again.
Maybe it's because you didn't kick anyone. Administrate harder. Or at least rotate the map every time a new one starts so the server empties out.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
No Means Nomad said:
Maybe it's because you didn't kick anyone. Administrate harder. Or at least rotate the map every time a new one starts so the server empties out.
I couldn't kick anyone or pick any maps, there were no actual admin abilities. :lol

Icy

Banned
ok Crushed's ban fiasco is finally fixed. HIs admin rights got fixed too. For some reason the server wouldn't keep him unbanned. I had to reboot the whole thing to get him wiped from memory. Very very odd. I won't be around for the next 1-2 days, going to have a surgery done :(. If there's any patches, n0b has access to update the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom