• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Was there a patch on Saturday/Friday night? I got the old updating pop-up when I went to play on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it downloaded a very small update. It's been unstable ever since. Had a couple more crashes yesterday. One booted me at the end of a match for a screenshot buffer overflow and the other just crashed to desktop again. It's the first time I've ever had issues with performance.

there's been a bit of question about this over with the Ded. Server ppl. It occurs from whatever normal data steam collects from your PC and reports to valve. Valve hasn't said anything about it yet.

Icy

Banned
Update is out:

The required Team Fortress 2 update is now available. Please run
hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes are:

- Fixed unlimited UberCharge exploit
- Fixed charge effect getting stuck on the Kritzkrieg when changing
class/weapons

Jason

Icy

Banned
Reserved slots are open to all NeoGAFFers. Please PM me your Steam ID. This is not the Steam Name or Game name you go by.

How do I find my Steam ID? http://mysteamid.com/
I suggest Step 3/Manual. Your steam ID should look something like this: STEAM_0:1:23456789

Thats what i need sent in a PM. If you are unactive and do not use the server in sometime, I will remove people from the reserved slot list. Thanks!

Davidion

Icy said:
Reserved slots are open to all NeoGAFFers. Please PM me your Steam ID. This is not the Steam Name or Game name you go by.

I suggest Step 3/Manual. Your steam ID should look something like this: STEAM_0:1:23456789

Thats what i need sent in a PM. If you are unactive and do not use the server in sometime, I will remove people from the reserved slot list. Thanks!

Hey Icy, do you know if I'm still on?

Capndrake

:lol That was awesome.

Goldrush final stage, about 8v8. We (BLU) got the first two CPs and got the cart all the way to the truck next to C. I dropped down to the mine and went up the stairs in the valley leading to that fantastic Sniper (Which I was) spot.

After a few headshots nobody came for me and I noticed no BLU or RED guys seemed to be around, apparently we got pushed back to the FIRST CP. After sniping down Sciz about 5 times I went "Screw it" and went for the cart, only Sciz tried to stop me but I just happened to get a crit volley with the SMG. Needless to say I won.

Sciz

You have no idea how much I wish I'd just said "screw it" and built a sentry right there.

Headshot madness aside, you were getting some completely absurd backstabs earlier.

Icy

Banned
I am so reposting this... MAKE SURE YOU READ THE BOLD..

Icy

Banned
Top 25 As of 5/6/08

52ncbb.jpg

Icy

Banned
I guess a new exploit has popped up. Somehow a couple people found a way to get under the map in gold rush. When playing as the attacking team, they can literally go under the mine cart and it will move with them while they can kill people from below. But the defenders from above are helpless just like in the old gravelpit exploit. gg Valve. 4 patches in a week to fix bugs, Do they know what play testing is anymore?

Capndrake

In the RED spawn with the long staircase leading to the balcony on the final level of Goldrush you can build a teleporter through one of the glass doors and trap people in one of those "data rooms".

Icy

Banned
Capndrake said:
In the RED spawn with the long staircase leading to the balcony on the final level of Goldrush you can build a teleporter through one of the glass doors and trap people in one of those "data rooms".

i gotta see this.

Icy

Banned
From looking at yesterday's awards.. I got a quick laugh from this..

Jesus has commited suicide the most (12)
Players with nothing to live for

Haha I had alot of fun messing around on Avanti last night. If you see me playing soldier you know I'm just having fun, especially the round where I kept trying to take 3rd intel to the church... I think I was killed >50 times by CrookedRain, BigE, among others :lol

Most intense round was on Goldrush where BLU pushed the cart within like 1 foot to the end and we were able to hold them off for much of the round till they finally got it :(

Oh, Jesus has committed most suicides every day this week

eznark

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Haha I had alot of fun messing around on Avanti last night. If you see me playing soldier you know I'm just having fun, especially the round where I kept trying to take 3rd intel to the church... I think I was killed >50 times by CrookedRain, BigE, among others :lol

Most intense round was on Goldrush where BLU pushed the cart within like 1 foot to the end and we were able to hold them off for much of the round till they finally got it :(

Oh, Jesus has committed most suicides every day this week

Yeah, those last like 45 seconds were incredibly tense. I'm really liking Goldrush.

Icy

Banned
Just in case you missed the update yesterday, there will be another
required TF 2 update later today.

Jason

Its almost like wow.. an update a day.

rakka

Crushed said:
No seriously, Icy, banning me for absolutely no reason whatsoever is incredibly childish and petty.
well at least its another reason for you to play on conkers server more

Icy

Banned
Capndrake said:
Yes, because regardless of what they said, the infinite uber exploit is still possible.

if the server is patched from last night, that exploit is gone. there are a lot of servers still not patched.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
No seriously, can you guys tell Icy to stop being a 2-year-old and unban me? He's put me on his ignore list too, just so he can live in his little sheltered world.

Crushed said:
No seriously, can you guys tell Icy to stop being a 2-year-old and unban me? He's put me on his ignore list too, just so he can live in his little sheltered world.
Did you make fun of him or something? Because even I do that and he hasn't gone and banned me yet.

I'm just (SUPER)sayin', it sounds like you did something absolutely terrible on the internet to him. Maybe it was a domination that kept him curled in a corner clutching his (DRAGON)balls (OF POWER).

Crushed

Fry Daddy
No Means Nomad said:
Did you make fun of him or something? Because even I do that and he hasn't gone and banned me yet.

I'm just (SUPER)sayin', it sounds like you did something absolutely terrible on the internet to him. Maybe it was a domination that kept him curled in a corner clutching his (DRAGON)balls (OF POWER).
No, I just connected to the server and I was banned. Then I wasn't. Then I sent him my SteamID and he told me I was banned again, then he said that he was putting me on ignore for no reason.

Doytch

Crushed said:
No, I just connected to the server and I was banned. Then I wasn't. Then I sent him my SteamID and he told me I was banned again, then he said that he was putting me on ignore for no reason.

Just give him a hug, and whisper softly, Love Me Sexy.

Teknoman

Crushed said:

Thats strange... And from the last time I played with you/against you in TF2, didnt seem like you'd do crazy annoying things.

Twig

Banned
Icy said:
there's going to be another update tonight.
No, I mean "wat" because in all the time I've played WoW there were never even close to as many consecutive patches as Valve has put out since the goldrush update.

Sciz

Castle4 is a nice and hefty download, but it's much better than its predecessors. I'd love to try it with full teams.

Icy

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
No, I mean "wat" because in all the time I've played WoW there were never even close to as many consecutive patches as Valve has put out since the goldrush update.

yeah.. like i said.. I don't think valve tested anything lol.

Apparenly tonight's patch has been put off until tommorow. BUt yeah.. these patches are horrible.

Icy

Banned
Sciz said:
Castle4 is a nice and hefty download, but it's much better than its predecessors. I'd love to try it with full teams.

Castle4 is definitely the best of the bunch. We'll have to play it again soon.

Doytch

Hitokage said:
OMG IF I WAS ON THE BLUE TEAM WE SHOULD HAVE WON TF2 SUX

;)

Man, I had so much fun as Demo on Dustbowl pt2. Especially at the start when people kept coming into tire alley, only to be blown up by the pipes. :lol

Teknoman

Icy said:
Castle4 is definitely the best of the bunch. We'll have to play it again soon.

Looks like a pretty fun map. I've been missing TFtuesdays and thursdays though. Hopefully I can join up with you guys after finals.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Doytch said:
Man, I had so much fun as Demo on Dustbowl pt2. Especially at the start when people kept coming into tire alley, only to be blown up by the pipes. :lol
Yeah, but I wasn't about to simply lay down and die for you. Even if my team was pretty bad, I do what I can... even if it's just breaking a kill streak. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom