• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tonight sucked. Got yelled at and called a n00b over and over on the Goon servers because I wanted to test out the kritzkreig aka "THE NEWBIE GUN". Tried playing soldier since there were many medics on other servers. I suck at soldier :( Then the game start chugging along at about 3 fps. Wooo!!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Ysiadmihi said:
Well, that really doesn't answer much, but whatever :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5428140&postcount=32

As somebody who had direct involvement in the Kitsune affair, let me give the main points:

- john_tv messages me on IRC that he suspects that Kitsune isn't what he claims to be.

- I dig into his IP records on the forum, and while at one time his posts did come from Japan(IIRC), they changed to those out of california yet throughout this time Kitsune maintained he was in Japan.

- I give my findings back to john_tv and IIRC a couple other mods.

- EviLore makes findings public.

- Kitsune loses capacity for rational thought.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
seems like The NeoGAF TF2 Server Host is a cursed position, whoever takes it shall suffer from a permaban within a near future.

eznark

Banned
I was wondering why Icy removed the neogaf from his server title. Too bad he didn't have a sweet public meltdown though.

eznark

Banned
Capndrake said:
We've pretty much always been playing on Conker's since it went up. IP is 69.90.189.48:27015

I came in late, went and played on the first one I found on GAF, not knowing the drama, so don't take my being lttp as a slight to this Conker fellow, I kinda just want to play the game.

eznark said:
I came in late, went and played on the first one I found on GAF, not knowing the drama, so don't take my being lttp as a slight to this Conker fellow, I kinda just want to play the game.

With the way Icy was promoting it constantly in hopes of reclaiming his glory, it's a wonder we still had enough playing to keep it going.

eznark

Banned
PotatoeMasher said:
With the way Icy was promoting it constantly in hopes of reclaiming his glory, it's a wonder we still had enough playing to keep it going.

he also sent me an angry pm at one point because I said gaf servers. He let me know there is ONLY ONE gaf server. Whatever dude, just let me go get backstabbed somewhere and I'm happy.

Cheeto

1-D_FTW said:
We really picked the wrong horse when we let Cheeto's server die from neglect.
:((

It's okay though, I will probably set another one up when my money isn't so tight. Hopefully soon.

Capndrake said:
We've pretty much always been playing on Conker's since it went up. IP is 69.90.189.48:27015

I'd play on that all day if my ping didn't suck so much on it.

Davidion

1-D_FTW said:
We really picked the wrong horse when we let Cheeto's server die from neglect.

In terms of drama avoidance...yeah we dropped the goddamn ball wholesale. :lol

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah, we keep bugging him to switch to East coast but he's neglecting to do so. D:<

I wish we could get him to change, though I can't figure out what would motivate him; it sure isn't money, apparently. :lol

Twig

Banned
fallout said:
Aw, man! Cheeto, I didn't even know you had a server.
Hah, it's funny because that's what everyone said when Icy's server went down for the first time and Cheeto brought it back up.

Then SexConker started his own server and the advertisement campaign (for lack of a better term) was overwhelming.

Davidion said:
I wish we could get him to change, though I can't figure out what would motivate him; it sure isn't money, apparently. :lol

It's weird--according to the stats page, the server is in NYC. Not sure if he changed it at some point or if that's incorrect. He mentioned possibly moving it to Chicago at some point. Stats page is here: http://hlx10.leetstats.com/

Cheeto

TheOneGuy said:
Hah, it's funny because that's what everyone said when Icy's server went down for the first time and Cheeto brought it back up.

Then SexConker started his own server and the advertisement campaign (for lack of a better term) was overwhelming.
I was defeated by marketing hype.

Javaman

WhatRuOn said:

Cheeto, if the idea falls through for you I'll be happy to fire up a server. I don't want to step on your toes especially since you already went through the hoops for us already.

Edit:Spelling. x in especially? WTF.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
PotatoeMasher said:
It's weird--according to the stats page, the server is in NYC. Not sure if he changed it at some point or if that's incorrect. He mentioned possibly moving it to Chicago at some point. Stats page is here: http://hlx10.leetstats.com/
Yeah... that's wrong. It's on the west coast.

WhatRuOn said:
Next time we'll start the hype wagon with banner ads saying, "Who is Cheeto?" and go from there.

Davidion

Javaman said:
Cheeto, if the idea falls through for you I'll be happy to fire up a server. I don't want to step on your toes expecially since you already went through the hoops for us already.

Sure, some of us will donate money too. Hell, I've already donated money to Icy and team roomba's servers already. Third one's the charm, right? :lol

Sigh, all the drama and casualties over a game full of cartoony ethnic stereotypes blowing each other up. :lol

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Javaman said:
Cheeto, if the idea falls through for you I'll be happy to fire up a server. I don't want to step on your toes expecially since you already went through the hoops for us already.
east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast east coast.
Or Europe, take your pick I guess :p

Won

Lets first wait what happens with EviLores server before Cheeto sells his house to purchase a server for us.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Sciz said:
Well, this is unexpected news to wake up to. :lol
draculagaf.png

"A restaurant!?"

fallout

Is there anything wrong with using SexConker's server? I've proposed the idea of having someone other than him to post updates on the server and such. I'd offer to do it, but I don't think I really play enough (though maybe it would make me play more, I dunno!).

Davidion

Won said:
Lets first wait what happens with EviLores server before Cheeto sells his house to purchase a server for us.

Evillore has a server now too? Why don't we all just get servers while we're at it. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom