• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1up

We should use like a [GAF] tag or something. Would be a lot easier to see who is who. I know Puyo had one on at one point.

1up said:
We should use like a [GAF] tag or something. Would be a lot easier to see who is who. I know Puyo had one on at one point.

Yeah, for awhile we had tags from the various failed tournaments (the initial punch to a server preceding the banning of an admin). I'd be fine with a GAF tag.

eznark

Banned
1up said:

I was thinking of using one but felt like a tool since I saw no one else with it.

firex

I'm glad I only donated like $20 I think... maybe less since I'm pretty poor. I thought I was doing something good for GAF and our TF2 community (even though I'm like nowhere in it, and I suck, etc. etc.)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I only donated $10 in total. It always seemed sketchy how he'd never made public how much were server costs, donations garnered and donations needed.

1-D_FTW

Posted 11-26-07

Icy said:
Short story, no. PayPal decided to bend me over and get me good with 2 payments I made to HLStatSX (they are in germany) and have since had my account frozen. There's about $40.00 in PayPal donations sitting that I cannot retrieve or even refund.

I can take it from Amazon , Snail Mail, or even google checkout.

From the thread PotatoeMasher posted (1-23-08):

To ICY, well I don't understand why you would try to take back the account and take part in being a low life scammer. You're information is on Trustwho, and I've taken the liberty of emailing paypal your personal information as being a known person who like to scam people. Regardless if it does anything at least they have it on record if you try anything through paypal.

That certainly doesn't compute. I'm gonna try and make this my last Icy post, but I'm not gonna lie and say I don't take satisfaction in this. I basically quit playing with most gaffers so I could wage my anti-Icy crusade.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
1-D_FTW said:
That certainly doesn't compute. I'm gonna try and make this my last Icy post, but I'm not gonna lie and say I don't take satisfaction in this. I basically quit playing with most gaffers so I could wage my anti-Icy crusade.
You're like Nick Fury staying underground to fight skrulls.

Doytch

fallengorn said:
You're like Nick Fury staying underground to fight skrulls.

:lol :lol

Well at least now you can come back Stalker. I had fun playing with you on circlex last weekend. I got my top medic score :D

Doytch

Cheeto said:
Same here.

Why are your smilies always backwards :0

I've never thought about it before, but that way actually makes more sense. You can create the D: smiley without switching the face direction, and can still create all the normal ones. And :p would become d:

Twig

Banned
I'M NOT BACKWARDS EVERYONE ELSE IS! O:<

Also, I have to go backwards to do this one: :D Though I could do (|: it just looks stupid.

)':

EDIT: See that stupid green smiley right there? That's why I go backwards. I got into the habit so all these stupid smilies wouldn't start replacing my beautiful text.

Javaman

1up said:

Sounds good to me. What's the password for the GAF TF2 server?

Hey guys. I was a lurker for a long time and even though my account has been activated, I don't post much. I do love me some TF2 though. I think I've seen some of you guys on before on Conkers and on some other servers. If you guys see me and want to add me, I play as *BS!*ODM.

YakiSOBA

Alright, I'm back to TF2! What's the status, is there some official neogaf server (evil lores) that we all jump on! LET ME KNOW ASAP WHAT THE NEW MAIN SERVER IS SO I CAN KILL YOU GUYS! =)

eznark said:
When you guys donate to these servers, how much are you donating...if you don't mind my asking?
It was $15, as I recall. And it was like a week before he took down the server the first time due to a "lack of donations." I was like, "Wha...?"

That aside, I'm all for a [GAF] tag.

Capndrake

YakiSOBA said:
Alright, I'm back to TF2! What's the status, is there some official neogaf server (evil lores) that we all jump on! LET ME KNOW ASAP WHAT THE NEW MAIN SERVER IS SO I CAN KILL YOU GUYS! =)
Love Me Sexy for now until EviLore's is fully ready.

Also:

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
May 9, 2008, 1:50 pm - Jason Ruymen - Product Update
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed several issues with the Family Practice achievement. Players with 10/10 progress that have not been awarded the achievement will get the achievement the next time they UberCharge any Steam friend

Fixed toggle-fire option for the Medigun preventing players from earning the Second Opinion achievement

Fixed The Kritzkrieg not charging faster than the Medigun

Fixed issue that was preventing players from using their new Medic items on some servers

Fixed melee weapons not being affected by The Kritzkrieg's critboost

Fixed Server Browser sometimes refreshing in the background on startup when it wasn't visible

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy also wanted personal info for volunteering admins on his server, but I never had to give mine. Aside from his TF2 shenanigans he's been trying to get buddy-buddy with GAF mods, which is how his house of cards collapsed after making certain claims that proved false. Of course, if EviLore weren't so forgiving there's an earlier incident that would have gotten him whacked.

Javaman

Hitokage said:
Icy also wanted personal info for volunteering admins on his server, but I never had to give mine. Aside from his TF2 shenanigans he's been trying to get buddy-buddy with GAF mods, which is how his house of cards collapsed after making certain claims that proved false. Of course, if EviLore weren't so forgiving there's an earlier incident that would have gotten him whacked.

Hmmm, On second thought, I shouldn't have given him my Social Security number and mother's maiden name.

Seriously though, he never hit me up for any info, though he may have gleaned some basics from a paypal donation ages ago.

eznark

Banned
rakka said:
same.

dont think i'll play on icy's again so...

nah, the talk about him and his cheater server scared me off. Maybe I'm way better than I thought, I was just always playing against he hax0rs?

Sciz said:
It's been -10%, actually.
Well, I remember when I first got the weapon people kept talking about how the weapon took 10% longer to charge. At which point I checked the item's description and it said just that. I figured people just thought +10% charge rate = 10% longer. Apparently they were talking about this bug.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Javaman said:
Hmmm, On second thought, I shouldn't have given him my Social Security number and mother's maiden name.

Seriously though, he never hit me up for any info, though he may have gleaned some basics from a paypal donation ages ago.
Haha, not that personal, but stuff like real name and email.

1-D_FTW

I just started playing the scout and I'm really digging him. But it's painful to switch back to soldier. I wonder how I'll feel after another 5 hours of scout. Hope I'll still play soldier.

Doytch

1-D_FTW said:
I just started playing the scout and I'm really digging him. But it's painful to switch back to soldier. I wonder how I'll feel after another 5 hours of scout. Hope I'll still play soldier.

I played Soldier pretty exclusively off the bat. When I started playing Pyro/Scout, I found it hard to switch back too. Soooo sloooow. Now Pyro and Scout have way more time played than Soldier for me.

SyNapSe

haven't been able to play much lately, damn that was a lot of drama the last couple of pages. I've only been able to play 2 matches of Goldrush the other weekend. It was pretty fun. I did play enough medic to get the first weapon Blautslaugher (sp?).

Gonna jump in and get to play a bit tonight

eznark

Banned
I'm having a ton of trouble getting my xbox 360 wireless head set to work with the PC adapter I picked up yesterday. When it is plugged in, I can get audio through the headset but not the speakers. When i'm just on the desktop I can get voice. However, when I am in TF2 voice does not work.

Any clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom