• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
fallout said:
Is there anything wrong with using SexConker's server? I've proposed the idea of having someone other than him to post updates on the server and such. I'd offer to do it, but I don't think I really play enough (though maybe it would make me play more, I dunno!).
Do it. O:<

dionysus

Yaldog
Davidion said:
Evillore has a server now too? Why don't we all just get servers while we're at it. :lol

I'm down.

3 weeks away from TF2 is sucking, damn why do I have to be sent to work right next to Ipanema beach!

sharkie

PotatoeMasher said:
With the way Icy was promoting it constantly in hopes of reclaiming his glory, it's a wonder we still had enough playing to keep it going.

Well I thought he turned a new leaf, and considering the public row I had with him in this thread I believed him and have started his server up for him when I had some free time as I bare no grudges towards anyone, but I guess its true that a leopard can't change his spots in this instance.

Mr.City said:
I need to experience this
you need to play more! Once Icy joins just wait a few minutes until you hear the HL sound of VVRRRIXXXTT and BAM people are thrown in front of sentries, and Heavy Icy starts flying through the air shooting everybody :lol

1up

Just got headshotted twice in while cloaked by the same guy.

He said "This isnt VAC secured so you're asking for it"

Firestorm

1up said:

I had that happen on servers in CS 1.6 -_-; one of the reasons I brought it up with Icy but hey whatever. I'll be sticking with Official NeoGAF server and maybe SexConker's server. IronFist being located in the east has ping a bit higher than I like.

dionysus

Yaldog
Capndrake said:
Can I do it for you?

I usually play classes extremely vulnerable to the spy. I hates you. Then I get pissed and switch to pyro and ignore the other team and just spy check the whole game.

1up said:

Icy must be banned from VAC servers--It's the only reason I can think why he would be so against using it.

I noticed the one time I joined his server that all the people in the game knew each other, since they go around to non-VAC servers and play while banned from any secure servers. That was a bit of a revelation to me.

Won

PotatoeMasher said:
Icy must be banned from VAC servers--It's the only reason I can think why he would be so against using it.

I noticed the one time I joined his server that all the people in the game knew each other, since they go around to non-VAC servers and play while banned from any secure servers. That was a bit of a revelation to me.

Hmm makes sense. Was wondering why I wasn't able to see the server around the "resurrection" thing in my favorites. The "secure" filter was obviously on, like always. And after Icy said he never used it for no real reason I checked how many servers are out there without VAC....Got like 5 servers instead of ~1000. Was a bit weird and seeing how much he liked to abuse his admin powers I can see him banned from other servers.

omgimaninja said:
You sure the people didn't know each other because they were all from GAF?

How do you know they were all banned from VAC-servers?

They are cheaters/hackers and those tend to brag with that fact. As soon someone hacked they seem to say something "who cares, server is not secured" or "I can do that, because it is not secured" etc.
Happened several times on Icys server. Maybe they weren't banned, but they wouldn't have done it on a VAC server.
And seeing the VAC:non-VAC rate the server was more or less a cheater magnet.

omgimaninja said:
You sure the people didn't know each other because they were all from GAF?

How do you know they were all banned from VAC-servers?

At least 5 or 6 were talking openly about it. Asking each other what they "were in for" and other such things. One guy they were giving crap because he had been banned from other servers for aimbots and such, but wouldn't admit it. They weren't gaffers, as I know all of the regulars and would even recognize forum names if I saw them.

It was fairly evident to me what was going on, at least that day. Didn't go back to the server after that.

Gotcha. Never experienced that so that's why I was wondering. Guess that does it for Icy's server then.

I played a few rounds on Conker's last night, but didn't see any GAFers. Perhaps once EviLore's new server is up we can get some good nights of GAF play going on.

Twig

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Gotcha. Never experienced that so that's why I was wondering. Guess that does it for Icy's server then.

I played a few rounds on Conker's last night, but didn't see any GAFers. Perhaps once EviLore's new server is up we can get some good nights of GAF play going on.
Oi, oi! I was playing with you!

;-;

(I guess you don't know I'm Twig. That's fair, since I think that's only like the second time I've played with you.)

Ohhh ok!! Yeah didn't know that was you. You were doing a great job as medic so that's why I tried playing a few rounds as soldier. Not good at all, but I think it's a smart idea to learn more than just one class :lol

Twig

Banned
Hah, yeah. Well, you weren't terrible! I've seen some terrible soldiers before. D:

Eventually there was that huge influx of medics, though. Almost made me want to switch off to balance things a bit. But I was doing better than usual, didn't want to ruin my streak! Stupid patch.

1-D_FTW

PotatoeMasher said:

That's a good point. Icy claims to have been VAC free from day one, but I could of swore it use to have VAC security. You always would see that VAC loading when joining a map. And since I played ONLY on Icy's server for the first 3 months, I'm fairly certain I got used to seeing that while playing his server. Or maybe not. But I think it's a fairly good theory.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
1-D_FTW said:
That's a good point. Icy claims to have been VAC free from day one, but I could of swore it use to have VAC security. You always would see that VAC loading when joining a map. And since I played ONLY on Icy's server for the first 3 months, I'm fairly certain I got used to seeing that while playing his server. Or maybe not. But I think it's a fairly good theory.
Are you talking about the first time he set up a server for us? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was VAC. The VAC-lessness started with the resurrection.

Twig

Banned
Maybe that's why he shut it down in the first place. Realized he couldn't play on his own server anymore! O:

Dun dun dun conspiracy theories.

Did anyone else find the donation situation a little suspicious? It seemed like every month he threatened to shut down the server because supposedly over $100 in donations were lost from people charging back their credit cards. I find it hard to believe that any of us would be doing that.

omgimaninja said:

I think I was playing at the same time too. My name in TF2/CSS is Lukeman.

I wish I could change my GAF name as well--I realize a lot of people never connect me to TF2 matches. :/

Davidion

PotatoeMasher said:
I think I was playing at the same time too. My name in TF2/CSS is Lukeman.

I wish I could change my GAF name as well--I realize a lot of people never connect me to TF2 matches. :/

Wait, you're Lukeman?! :lol

PotatoeMasher said:

Great, that sure makes me feel better about donating to him twice.

1-D_FTW

CrookedRain said:
Did anyone else find the donation situation a little suspicious? It seemed like every month he threatened to shut down the server because supposedly over $100 in donations were lost from people charging back their credit cards. I find it hard to believe that any of us would be doing that.

My posts are well documented on this so I'm not gonna dredge it up, but a thing that always humored me and I never posted about was this: Icy would always tone it down and become receptive to community ideas one week before a hammer was about to drop. You could set your watch to it.

fallengorn said:
Are you talking about the first time he set up a server for us? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was VAC. The VAC-lessness started with the resurrection.

Yeah. I'm talking 2007 months. In fact, I remember one post where Icy was laughing at some dude who said he was gonna report him to Valve and get him banned for abusing his admin powers. Maybe the dude had some juice.

PotatoeMasher said:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jleissler < What a beautiful picture... (That's Icy, in case someone didn't read Lukeman's link.) And to think I donated to him...

Anyway, I got a little freaked out last night when I joined some random server only to see an engineer named Javaman at the top of the scoreboard -- and it wasn't our Javaman. Evil twin? Duplicate from a teleporter accident? Really dedicated spy? Who knows... :lol

sharkie

Well I've fixed my problem by including both my old faithful username (TruLoki) with my Gaf persona Sharkie by combining them ingeniously like so TruLoki \ Sharkie to get rid of the confusion of who I was ingame, others should follow suit I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom