• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I updated my drivers at laptopvideo2go, started using -dxlevel 80 for startup, turned everything to low, turned vsync on, and I'm getting a steady 60fps o.o; Didn't play for long though. I don't even notice the difference between dx8 and dx9.

aznpxdd

Ah, just played a really fun round. We'll let the screenshot speak. :D (I'm Deltron obviously)

cp_dustbowl0096.jpg

fallout

krzyspc said:
Also is there a Gaf dedicated server?
Official private server: 8.9.8.54:27015 (Chicago, pw: believe)

Unofficial public server: 69.90.34.11:27015 (East coast, somewhere.)

Bunny said:
some dude named AI or AL.
dang, if i had known you had admin there i would have wrote down his steam id.
Check your friends recently played with.

Davidion

Bunny said:
some dude named AI or AL.
dang, if i had known you had admin there i would have wrote down his steam id.

That's him, I'll check my records later. Guy wasn't even really abusing it to any advantage, he was just running around really quickly doing practically nothing.

Bunny

Davidion said:
That's him, I'll check my records later. Guy wasn't even really abusing it to any advantage, he was just running around really quickly doing practically nothing.

yeah, he was just fucking around mostly. still though, i hate hackers haha.

Twig

Banned
Guess that'll have to be the one I skip out on. With my not-so-good ping, I can't reliably light anyone on fire.

I really like pyro when it works, though.

Also: damn, I was hoping for demoman. ):

Won

I love how the update was like 3 weeks ago and no offical news about new weapons or achievment so far. This will take a looooooong time till every class has new weapons.

Doytch

Javaman said:
That should make goldrush awful terrifying. :lol

As if. Goldrush is pretty bad for Pyro. The only parts where it's slightly useful is the start of parts 1 and 3. Other than that, I don't even play Pyro on Goldrush.

But really, they need to roll out the next few in chunks. Having 4 medics is borderline, but having 4 snipers, 4 spies, would be terrible. Release two for the next one, and once they really got it down, they can do two three-class packs. Assuming they don't want to do bigger bundles, which would be preferable.

1-D_FTW

You guys were making me excited with all the talk, so I fired up Steam to look at my pings. CircleX is up to 140 (normally was mid 50s.) How high can you go, Comcast? Will you be at 200 by weeks end?

fallout

Won said:
I love how the update was like 3 weeks ago and no offical news about new weapons or achievment so far. This will take a looooooong time till every class has new weapons.
Valve employees are too busy trying to unlock the medic weapons to get working on the new class weapons.

Javaman

BAH. I started up TF2 and got a D3d error. After rebooting steam isn't detecting my internet connection any more.

edit: Double checked for the correct port forwarding on the router and rebooted it, but still no go. :(

Come to think of it, it wasn't a very "clean" shutdown of steam after the first crash. Maybe steam still thinks I'm logged in or something? Screw it. Maybe it'll work tomarrow.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Hey guys, I'm looking to play with Gaffers, should I jump on the public or private?

edit: I see the only one with players is the private. Anyone know why it won't let me connect?

1up

Wow, warpath pops and people disappear.

That was a crazy match on badlands. Whole blue team was on the final point and we fended them off with the Medic upgrade gun and a pyro. :lol

Twig

Banned
With my new computer, I don't have warpath. And the maps take forever to download from the server.

That and I despise warpath. O:
Kodiak said:
Hey guys, I'm looking to play with Gaffers, should I jump on the public or private?

edit: I see the only one with players is the private. Anyone know why it won't let me connect?
Password: believe

Other than that, I have no clue!

Usually, though, unless someone calls for it on the forums, the public server is the way to go. Private server's good for some GAF only matches, though.

Teknoman

PillowKnight said:
Where'd everyone go?

Yeah, its like everyone just dissapeared from the private server. First it was just Kodiak and I after the match, then Pillowknight rejoined and now i'm here. Did everyone just quit?

rakka

Sciz said:
That was a fun Dustbowl 3 round. I've never seen so many pushes back and forth across the entire map before. :lol
i had to leave a couple minutes before it ended, did we lose? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom