• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Man, that was fun. You had us all the way in our spawn, then we pushed all the way to the point in one mad rush. Almost capped it, too. Then back to spawn.

Hee.

I'm really liking medic, more and more. I mean, I had fun with it before, but now I'm having a LOT of fun.

1up

TheOneGuy said:
Man, that was fun. You had us all the way in our spawn, then we pushed all the way to the point in one mad rush. Almost capped it, too. Then back to spawn.

Hee.

I'm really liking medic, more and more. I mean, I had fun with it before, but now I'm having a LOT of fun.

Yea, I felt bad for having pushed you all the way back into the spawn, everyone was just camping and I was all like "C'mon guys back off!" :lol

1-D_FTW

Cheeto said:
Spawn camping is perfectly legal in tf2 if you ask me. There's always a way to counter it.

Yeah. If you're getting your ass kicked it's sometimes preferable. Because it gets boring if you hang back while the rest of your team is at the spawn point. So everyone moves forward and 2 spies slip through and capture an undefended point real easy.

Bunny

LouieGeetoo said:
Except for Bunny. Pull out that sword and get on the point, you sniper you!

yeah i saw soldiers and medics on the point with a few seconds left, and i knew i couldn't save it, so i tried to at least snipe one last person :lol

i give blue major props though, that shit was a miracle.

Sciz

LouieGeetoo said:
Except for Bunny. Pull out that sword and get on the point, you sniper you!
Only because he had the misfortune of being the first to be backstabbed during my final life. Everyone really was dead for a moment there. :lol

Team Fortress 2 update released:
Steam News said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed mat_queue_mode crash during level transitions
* Fixed rapid weapon switching allowing Medics to prevent deployed UberCharges from draining
* Improved prediction of Spy's speed changes when disguising
* Fixed Stopwatch panel not updating if level designer ends round by hand instead of letting the gamerules end it
* Optimized particle traces on multi-core machines
* Fixed tracers sometimes firing with the wrong team color
* Fixed rapid-fire weaponry critical hit checks getting out of synch between the server and client
* Fixed map exploits in Gold Rush
I'm a bit surprised there isn't a patch for the issue of overhealing occasionally not depleting, but it's nice to see that the crit-related bugs I've encountered are (allegedly) gone.

Capndrake

There's also some Goldrush map changes (Not just exploit fixes), but I only played stage one, so I didn't see them all. You know how RED has that building with the railing near their spawn? There's no longer a doorway in it that's facing RED's spawn, they have to go the long way around now.

Davidion

Capndrake said:
There's also some Goldrush map changes (Not just exploit fixes), but I only played stage one, so I didn't see them all. You know how RED has that building with the railing near their spawn? There's no longer a doorway in it that's facing RED's spawn, they have to go the long way around now.

The one with the health pack and the second floor? So that's a much better potential forward base for Blue now.

Capndrake

Davidion said:
The one with the health pack and the second floor? So that's a much better potential forward base for Blue now.
Yup.

Also, both unprotected spawns (RED level 1/BLU level 2 and RED level 2/BLU level 3) now have shutters.

Davidion

Capndrake said:
Yup.

Also, both unprotected spawns (RED level 1/BLU level 2 and RED level 2/BLU level 3) now have shutters.

You mean there are secondary shutters to keep opposing team from even getting to the spawn bunker? That's interesting, never saw that as much of an issue.

Cheeto

Jacobi said:
OK, now I'm kinda pissed off... Anyone up for some late achievement farming? I want the weapons -.-
I tried doing that the other day, I got the buttslaughter... it got too boring though... I think I'm better off without them.

Capndrake

Davidion said:
You mean there are secondary shutters to keep opposing team from even getting to the spawn bunker? That's interesting, never saw that as much of an issue.
No, just the "bunkers" have shutters. They didn't have them before, they had an opening that the other team could shoot through, basically meaning you'd die as soon as you spawned if there was a Heavy or something standing outside.

Jacobi said:
OK, now I'm kinda pissed off... Anyone up for some late achievement farming? I want the weapons -.-
Which do you need? Obviously you'll have to get Chief of Staff yourself :p

Twig

Banned
If you really want to farm them, find a server playing a map called "achievement_box".

Me, I'm in no rush. I've gotten 16 of them without farming. (Well, except one, but I later earned it legitimately, so that counts, right? ;-;) I don't particularly care about the achievements but I like seeing them pop up.

Also I'm really enjoying medic lately! I think I said that last night. Crap I want to go home and play right now. ):

Also Drake stop messaging me on Steam at 3:30pm EST. I'M NOT HOME YET. ):

Davidion

TheOneGuy said:
Also Drake stop messaging me on Steam at 3:30pm EST. I'M NOT HOME YET. ):

LOL

Drake is deadly with the Steam messages.

"Dude wtf, my front page isn't even done loading yet."

"How the hell did you just backstab three people and message me your commentary on the background music at the same time?!"

Jacobi

Banned
Capndrake said:
Which do you need? Obviously you'll have to get Chief of Staff yourself :p
I just need the impossible ones like the scout uber one for example.
Chief of staff and the 10000 heal points per life are actually kind of fun and what I've expected from the achievements.

@theOneGuy: I've got like 19 and the achievement box is only good for the sawing other medics achievement.

@cheeto: I think I got you in my friends list (I'm Jacko), maybe we can farm a bit if we both got time

BTW I kind of fear the next achievement wave. Regardless of what class gets them we're fucked.

Well I've heard rumblings(maybe just wishful thinking) that Valve might release the rest in bunches. Release four classes together then the other four later. That would be better since one class wont be whored out by people trying to get the achievements. Well at least it will be more spread out.

Teknoman

eznark said:
I've never played a single round of engineer (seems complicated), I do not look forward to it.

Its easy. Just build up resources, repair stuff by banging a wrench onto it, and set up teleporters/sentries in midly intelligent places. Afterwards, just do upkeep on it/ kill enemies.

When necessary, support a heavy with a dispenser.

EDIT: Can we get some matches today?

I'm all for using the private server whenever we can get enough people. After the fiasco today in Love Me Sexy with the three simultaneous voice spammers + the other general jerk(s), I'm kind of turned off to publics...

Teknoman

LouieGeetoo said:
I'm all for using the private server whenever we can get enough people. After the fiasco today in Love Me Sexy with the three simultaneous voice spammers + the other general jerk(s), I'm kind of turned off to publics...

Heh it just seems like once in a blue moon, there are people in the private server. Last night was lucky, then something happened and everyone left.

Teknoman said:
Heh it just seems like once in a blue moon, there are people in the private server. Last night was lucky, then something happened and everyone left.
The trick is to invite every GAFfer on your friends list, and then wait. Works 3 out of 4 times, maybe. In fact, I'm going to get on the private server and do just that right now.

Teknoman

lol just ran into two e-racists on Conkers server + some kid who sounds like a young Christopher Walken. Think im gonna take a break :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom