• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

Giganticus said:
Hopefully they'll all be "don't play sniper for 10 consecutive hours", "switch from sniper to a useful class" and similar.
"Score last place in a losing round, and switch to a different class."

Steel is an amazingly well done map, and I like the concept and flow of the whole thing. Lots of small scale battles over E using mobile classes and large scale battles around A and B.

Slo

There's justification for one or at most two snipers per team if you've got 12 plus. Most of the time though, a sniper is a wasted slot unless he's really good.

Starting to think scout and pyro have been marginalised by the playing strategies that have developed.

Oh and anyone that uses a 180degree turning script should be insta banned. Game breaking tbh.

ice cream

Banned
Had some nice games with Capndrake and the guy from London (shit sorry can't remember name!) yesterday on Conker's server. Lag free from the UK.

You might have talked about this already, but I played a round of pl_dustbowl_b3 earlier today. It's like dustbowl was meant for pl_ gameplay the whole time. Really well done.

1-D_FTW

Now that's a custom I think I could get aboard. Wouldn't wanna play it exclusively instead of cp_dustbowl, but it looks like a really cool change of pace.

1-D_FTW said:
Now that's a custom I think I could get aboard. Wouldn't wanna play it exclusively instead of cp_dustbowl, but it looks like a really cool change of pace.

Fallengorn, PillowKnight and myself played a few rounds on theville's 24/7 pl_dustbowl server. I'm still amazed at how well the map translates with only a few changes.

IP for that server is 216.52.148.66:27015

1-D_FTW

Just added it to my favorites.

EDIT: Disregard the rest. In my excitement I was only looking at the PL. They're all running pl_goldrush.

Capndrake

Jacobi said:
Can someone tell me how the hell to get Second Opinion?
Activate your uber on somebody, then switch to someone else and just keep switching back and forth between the two. Don't click the mouse button like 5 times per switch (That made it not work for me), do it calmly but fast. It is of course easier when people are standing still, so try it during setup or with friends.

Ugh ever since the last few updates my computer absolutely chugs while playing TF2. It slows to just a few FPS and the entire thing moves so slow!

Has anybody else experienced this?? I'm really frustrated >_<

sharkie

ice cream said:
Had some nice games with Capndrake and the guy from London (shit sorry can't remember name!) yesterday on Conker's server. Lag free from the UK.

Yeah that would be me TruLoki \ Sharkie is my in game handle , I don't really blame you for not remembering as I don't impose myself in the forum but no one can say I don't in game as I never shut up :p

PotatoeMasher said:
Fallengorn, PillowKnight and myself played a few rounds on theville's 24/7 pl_dustbowl server. I'm still amazed at how well the map translates with only a few changes.

IP for that server is 216.52.148.66:27015
I'd just like to say I totally called it :).

Davidion

SyNapSe said:
Whats necessary to complete Autopsy Report? Do I just have to taunt over an enemy I killed by myself? or take a screenshot?

Taunt over body, then take a screenshot of it.

Easy to do, really.

Sciz

PotatoeMasher said:
You might have talked about this already, but I played a round of pl_dustbowl_b3 earlier today. It's like dustbowl was meant for pl_ gameplay the whole time. Really well done.
I must play this.

SyNapSe said:
Whats necessary to complete Autopsy Report? Do I just have to taunt over an enemy I killed by myself? or take a screenshot?
Just taunt. All that matters is getting you taunting over the corpse in the poor sap's freezecam.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
pl_dustbowl is fun but there's plenty of room for improvement. Are there any notable pl customs in development?

Capndrake said:
Activate your uber on somebody, then switch to someone else and just keep switching back and forth between the two. Don't click the mouse button like 5 times per switch (That made it not work for me), do it calmly but fast. It is of course easier when people are standing still, so try it during setup or with friends.
Ah... when I tried to get it I always started clicking like a madman. :lol

omgimaninja said:
Ugh ever since the last few updates my computer absolutely chugs while playing TF2. It slows to just a few FPS and the entire thing moves so slow!

Has anybody else experienced this?? I'm really frustrated >_<
And it's the only thing running? Have you tried defrag tf2 cache files?

Volcynika

Good matches tonight! I was the lone sniper who almost won it for the team, but died :(

Would've used my mic, but my throat is a bit scratchy. Needs more peejah or whatever.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I pictured him looking like this sans Krusty:
280uwr5.jpg

Volcynika said:
Yes. But really I just changed subject, because that person was hilarious and entertaining, even though i couldn't understand 90% of what they were saying.
I understood every word, while simultaneously laughing my head off. Seriously, who knew a guy imitating a girl/child's voice while simultaneously stabbing people in the back could be so entertaining? :lol

Davidion

LouieGeetoo said:
Sometimes, but lately we've been using Conker's server more.

Yeah while the GAF server is good, it's also password locked, so it's constantly empty. Just from a basic motivation perspective Conker's server gets most of our traffic because there's usually already a small game going.

I think the GAF CS server is mostly empty too save for when people organize team games on the boards here, but I could be wrong.

Capndrake

Had some funny/awesome stuff happen on the Team Roomba server today.

First, a scout and soldier were crouching behind the payload on Goldrush level 1 (Right in front of the second CP), I jumped down (Was sniping) and Goomba stomped both.

Later on I saw an ubered Pyro + Medic jump out above a sentry, so they were juggled in the air, uber wore off and they fell down, Goomba stomping the Engineer :lol

Right after that I got launched into the air by a rocket and came right back down on the Soldier for another Goomba stomp.

And then just now, they activated an "AllTaunt" mode, which made everybody taunt after every single hit :lol Spies were screwed of course.

spootime

Just wondering, would anyone here be interested in a cs:s or cs1.6 gaf tournament ??? I would organize it if their was enough interest.

JoeFu

Banned
Capndrake said:
Had some funny/awesome stuff happen on the Team Roomba server today.

First, a scout and soldier were crouching behind the payload on Goldrush level 1 (Right in front of the second CP), I jumped down (Was sniping) and Goomba stomped both.

Later on I saw an ubered Pyro + Medic jump out above a sentry, so they were juggled in the air, uber wore off and they fell down, Goomba stomping the Engineer :lol

Right after that I got launched into the air by a rocket and came right back down on the Soldier for another Goomba stomp.

And then just now, they activated an "AllTaunt" mode, which made everybody taunt after every single hit :lol Spies were screwed of course.

Why do I always miss the fun :(

Firestorm

Capndrake said:

Pft. I do that anyway. Stupid taunt button being so close to recloak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom