• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

There's now a secondary Team Roomba server which has the most hilarious/annoying (You decide) rotation ever:

-Mario Kart with 100% crits
-Hall of Death
-Dustbowl with AllTaunt
-Cyberpunk with 100% crits
-Goldrush

rakka

^
i think so, forgot how though

i don't have that problem as i'm trying to get all the achievements without farming...
lucky for me i was healing a heavy today who just started punching for no reason so got that one now :p

209.62.27.84:27015
thanks

Twig

Banned
There was a button on the stats screen to reset stats when the game first launched. But it never worked, and the button's gone now.

So, no, I don't think there is a way to reset stats.

Cheeto said:
All stats are saved locally, so you can reset them manually...don't ask me how though, never looked into it.
I just did some quick snooping around and found one part of where the TF2 stats are at. Edited it in notepad--but it still shows my old stats in the TF2 stat page. On the other hand, when viewed in UTF2 parser my stats look the same as the changed values.

dir is :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(your team Userid)\team fortress 2\tf\tf2_playerstats.dmx

Open it in notepad and they're all in there, note there is a 'timestamp' value , so who knows how safe this is.

Just reset my medic stuff back to what it was pre-achievement whoring. Hopefully it'll count my new records as opposed to going by the in game stat list.

Twig

Banned
Cheeto said:
All stats are saved locally, so you can reset them manually...don't ask me how though, never looked into it.
That can't be right, as when I got my new computer and reinstalled EVERYTHING, my stats remained the same on my community page. Nothing was reset.

They may be temporarily stored locally, but I'm betting there's something else that prevents people from really messing with their stats.

Capndrake said:
There's now a secondary Team Roomba server which has the most hilarious/annoying (You decide) rotation ever:

-Mario Kart with 100% crits
-Hall of Death
-Dustbowl with AllTaunt
-Cyberpunk with 100% crits
-Goldrush
Played through the rotation on the main server...it was...yeah. I went up like 30 places on psychostats because of Mario Kart with all crits.

zoku88

LouieGeetoo said:
This is why I remapped taunt to the P key. Never had any problems with it there.

As an aside, what did Crushed do this time?
Got in an argument with Ami, got banned for something totally unrelated by another mod, thought Ami did it and changed his avatar to something bad about Ami (since he thought Ami did it), got permed.

zoku88 said:
Got in an argument with Ami, got banned for something totally unrelated by another mod, thought Ami did it and changed his avatar to something bad about Ami (since he thought Ami did it), got permed.
Ouch. Things just won't be the same without him, I expect.

Davidion

Teknopathetic said:
GAF event starting! gogogo

Hmmmm, will join in a bit after dinner.

Say, did you leave the Roomba server today because you were annoyed with the (rather unfortunately coincidental) choice of sound effect that was being spammed at the time? :lol

Volcynika

Davidion said:
Hmmmm, will join in a bit after dinner.

Say, did you leave the Roomba server today because you were annoyed with the (rather unfortunately coincidental) choice of sound effect that was being spammed at the time? :lol

I know I did! Not a huge fan of the sound abuse.

firex

so I'm gonna be buying a wireless kb/mouse in a few weeks when I finally get my stimulus check from the government. I was wondering what kb you guys suggest? Actually, the kb doesn't have to be wireless, but I'd prefer it, especially if there's any kind that's rechargeable. My regular kb/mouse just don't cut it anymore since the cords keep getting in the way, especially with the mouse.

I was already thinking Logitech g7 for the mouse (I think that's the one, since I remember it being pimped in another thread here before) but I'm clueless about the kb. And I really do want a good one for tf2 primarily.

SyNapSe

Volcynika said:
I know I did! Not a huge fan of the sound abuse.

Yeah, that's my biggest grief with the Roomba servers. Still there rotations are good and they are full. You can do !stop, I think to stop the sound for the whole round. Sometimes the songs are pretty funny tho :lol That and I mute more people on that server than anywhere it seems, I guess due to alltalk.

ice cream

Banned
firex said:
so I'm gonna be buying a wireless kb/mouse in a few weeks when I finally get my stimulus check from the government. I was wondering what kb you guys suggest? Actually, the kb doesn't have to be wireless, but I'd prefer it, especially if there's any kind that's rechargeable. My regular kb/mouse just don't cut it anymore since the cords keep getting in the way, especially with the mouse.

I was already thinking Logitech g7 for the mouse (I think that's the one, since I remember it being pimped in another thread here before) but I'm clueless about the kb. And I really do want a good one for tf2 primarily.
wireless kb/mouse are a big NO for gaming

Twig

Banned
Oh you Europeans and your hatred for wires!

Man, I haven't played TF2 in a while. Age of Conan has kind of taken over. But I think I might play some tonight. YUS!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189981

Just saw this on CVG I am extremely upset unless Valve changes the impossible achievement bullshit, after seeing the horrors with the medic and looking at the fact that they have some achievements that are impossible to attain with just playing an hour or 2 a day this really sucks for me. The pyro is one of my favorite classes I really hope they get rid of the achievement bullshit to attain the weapons.

rakka

Elbrain said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189981

Just saw this on CVG I am extremely upset unless Valve changes the impossible achievement bullshit, after seeing the horrors with the medic and looking at the fact that they have some achievements that are impossible to attain with just playing an hour or 2 a day this really sucks for me. The pyro is one of my favorite classes I really hope they get rid of the achievement bullshit to attain the weapons.
they are not impossible. my total medic playtime is only 10 hours (so, 5-8 days in your case?), and i have about half of the 39 achievements.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
rakka said:
they are not impossible. my total medic playtime is only 10 hours (so, 5-8 days in your case?), and i have about half of the 39 achievements.
Half with that many days, I really hope they get at least rid of the impossible type ones, I would hate not to have a badass weapon and be playing for more that 10 days.

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
I can't believe they're not grouping the rest of the classes. WTF! Incredibly stupid move, Valve.
Uhm.

Grouping all of the updates together would mean we wouldn't get anything new for a couple years.

The balance issues would be insane.

The achievement nonsense? A valid complaint. Not grouping all the updates together? Uh...

firex

just make the achievements make more sense/be more tied into playing the class well to help a team compared to stupid crap like "kill 50 scouts with your needle gun and 50 other medics with your bonesaw" and it'll be good. The problem wasn't weapons tied to achievements, it was how retarded some of the medic achievements are.

firex said:
just make the achievements make more sense/be more tied into playing the class well to help a team compared to stupid crap like "kill 50 scouts with your needle gun and 50 other medics with your bonesaw" and it'll be good. The problem wasn't weapons tied to achievements, it was how retarded some of the medic achievements are.
Hey, wtf! Bonesaw training was awesome. Medics who have the Ubersaw all have excellent melee skills, there's only one reason for that. On the other hand, the needle gun training was not fun.

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Hey, wtf! Bonesaw training was awesome. Medics who have the Ubersaw all have excellent melee skills, there's only one reason for that. On the other hand, the needle gun training was not fun.
Needle-gun training would've been fun if it wasn't scouts. They're too fast. You have to be really good (or lucky) to reliably kill scouts. Or the scout has to suck and run at you in a straight line.

ANYWAY.

I won't be able to participate in the pyro fun thanks to my 100+ ping on pretty much every server. Thanks poor latency flamethrower handling!

1-D_FTW

TheOneGuy said:
Uhm.

Grouping all of the updates together would mean we wouldn't get anything new for a couple years.

The balance issues would be insane.

The achievement nonsense? A valid complaint. Not grouping all the updates together? Uh...

Soldier-pyro. Spy-sniper. Etc. These groupings would have been a whole lot better. Nothing but pyros is gonna be beyond retarded.

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Soldier-pyro. Spy-sniper. Etc. These groupings would have been a whole lot better. Nothing but pyros is gonna be beyond retarded.
Medics lasted, what, a week or two, before it calmed down?

You're overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom