• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzyspc

Banned
firex said:
I don't like goldrush on 32 player maps. too easy for red to stack up tons upon tons of players on their defense. But that just means it takes longer for a better blu team to win.

Which is why I like when they have a cap of how many engies there can be on the red team.

firex said:
I don't like goldrush on 32 player maps. too easy for red to stack up tons upon tons of players on their defense. But that just means it takes longer for a better blu team to win.
Gold Rush in general is kind of bad. Especially stage two.

Akia

I need a good euro server to play on during the day. I can't keep staying up late (est time) to play. It would be great if there was an active server during my daylight hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bliddo

I'm playing on a nocrit server, and the game feels actually pretty broken... some slow are crippled by the lack of critical hits.

aznpxdd

:D

Select_A_Class____by_ghostfire.jpg

Capndrake

Elbrain said:
Oh man that map is pure chaos, I would probably get an Ulcer from it.
There's now an updated version where the cube goes into "HYPERMODE" after 3 minutes and spins 10 times as fast while epic music plays :lol

n0b

No Means Nomad said:
Ishkoo is one of the best players on 2fort2furious and has a two to one kill death ratio.

It's just a play for fun map anyways.
I'm not saying he's a bad player in general, and looking at his stats the minigun is his only his 5th highest in kills, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be his best class. But any heavy that moves away from enemies doesn't know how to play the class. Scouts can take out heavies one on one at half of that range with the pistol.

I can tell its a fun map too. :p

n0b said:
I'm not saying he's a bad player in general, and looking at his stats the minigun is his only his 5th highest in kills, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be his best class. But any heavy that moves away from enemies doesn't know how to play the class. Scouts can take out heavies one on one at half of that range with the pistol.

I can tell its a fun map too. :p
you can't really control where you're going there :p

I've spent enough time with Pyro (around 50 hours) to consider it my best class and not unbalanced at all. My initial impressions of it, some of which I think I may have posted in this very thread, were that it took far too long to kill anyone to be worthwile in an ambush when a soldier could just turn and one shot you, and that they needed either faster movement or more hp to be balanced properly.

By now I've gotten to the point where I can take on any class 1v1 and have a good chance of winning, and generally stay in the top 3 of my team regardless of map/player numbers. The only situations where I can't win involve fighting soldiers where there is no room to strafe (cheapass fuckers don't even need to aim), or heavies with medics in a frontal charge. The only point in the game where I won't play Pyro due to general uselessness is the final cap on map 3 of dustbowl, although even then it can be useful for clearing the buildings.

I play all the other classes pretty well with the exception of Soldier, and I always find myself wondering why people think that the Pyro is a weak class. It's like a less deadly but also less situational Scout; I've seen well played scouts completely DEMOLISH entire teams pretty much singlehandedly while on defense, but Scout is too dependent on the organisation of the enemy team/whether or not they have sentries.

Pyro doesnt have the same weaknesses. Used properly it can tear the guts out of a team, making sure they never have an engy setup, their medics are always waiting for the respawn timer, and that anyone who tries to flank is swiftly sent packing. Played well you can also beat any other class in a 1v1 frontal encounter (although really well played soldiers can still present a problem if you have no room to manouver, same with heavies), as well as taking out heavy/medic combos or level 3 sentries with engineers whacking them so long as you take them from the back. It's also the any class that pretty much can't be stopped from killing sentries in an ubercharge. Not many other classes can boast that level of killy doom.

Can't wait for it to get a buff.

So yeah, all this talk of an autocrit axe pleases me greatly, especially the thought of two man Pyro teams in an ambush. The talk of "general class changes outside the weaponry" probably means a movement or damage buff, which gives me a big silly grin.

On the day the patch comes out there will be a minimum of 9 complete nub Pyros on a team of 12, and on that day I will be playing a Heavy. And it will be GLORIOUS.

Twig

Banned
bananabread said:
I play all the other classes pretty well with the exception of Soldier, and I always find myself wondering why people think that the Pyro is a weak class.
Lag issues.

Pyro is the single most lag-vulnerable class in the game. I can be chasing a soldier (or anything other than a scout, really) and have my flamethrower right up his fucking ass and it won't hurt him. With my shitty internet connection, I literally cannot play the game as a pyro without failing miserably.

Shame, too, because I really think I would love the pyro if not for that. ):

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Capndrake said:
I've noticed that Pyros kill me a lot more often than normal now, I think their damage output got buffed (Way too much) :(
Shit I wish they got bugged, haven't noticed anything different.

On a different not I am trying to kill more people with the ax for the eventual achievements that is going to involve.

Capndrake

Valve supporting custom maps? :eek:

Wonder which two, I suspect at least one will be a Vilepickle map.

EDIT: Also, look at the comments on Rock Paper Shotgun, better watch out for Crushed, Won :lol

Apparently we get the whole scoop on the Pyro update around 11am PDT today as well as Meet The Sniper.

Can't wait to see what they're doing to him/her/it.

Capndrake said:
I've noticed that Pyros kill me a lot more often than normal now, I think their damage output got buffed (Way too much) :(

They haven't altered anything about the Pyro yet. He's still the same as we was when the game was released...they said they were going to tweak him (and not just the unlockables) when the update comes out, but they haven't changed him at all yet.

Cheeto

I swear they did something to the spy recently. It seems like if you do the downward backstab animation now its extremely easy for it to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom