• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

Big-E said:
Where are you guys playing now a days? Whenever I check the official server and Love me Sexy, they are always empty.
I usually just find 24/7 servers of the map I feel like playing and join the lowest pinged one.

Twig

Banned
I was thinking that tonight we should probably play on the GAF server. O:

I expect a lot of people to play tonight simply because of the pyro update, so it might be prudent to make sure there's no interference from a bunch of achievement-farming bastards.

Plus there should be more GAFfers than usual, I'd think. I dunno, we'll see!

eznark

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I was thinking that tonight we should probably play on the GAF server. O:

I expect a lot of people to play tonight simply because of the pyro update, so it might be prudent to make sure there's no interference from a bunch of achievement-farming bastards.

Plus there should be more GAFfers than usual, I'd think. I dunno, we'll see!

that'd be dope, that server has been dead. I check bout every night and it is always empty

Xizk

I hope tonights update fixes the damage done by the goldrush update to my performance D:
My fps drops to 15 in firefights, which makes it kind of hard to hit anything.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I expect a lot of people to play tonight simply because of the pyro update, so it might be prudent to make sure there's no interference from a bunch of achievement-farming bastards

There will be plenty of us bastards on there too :D

ice cream

Banned
From SA forums:
I'm going to bitch for a moment about the Demoman.

In theory, the stickybombs are for making traps. Thus, they need a huge blast radius and good damage. Otherwise, the bombs will never be close enough to kill an opponent.

But right now, stickies are used as superior rocket launcher. Here are some neat tricks. Hold down the launcher charge for about 200 ms or so. The sticky will travel MUCH further, in a flatter arc, and it'll travel faster. It'll explode fast enough to hit Scouts and Pyros that are right in your face, and the explosive radius is very wide and very damaging--anecdotally, I'd claim that it's double the size of a rocket and deals more damage.

You don't have to worry about striking your target remotely close. The sticky radius is really very tremendous. If you score a critical, it's a free kill. Plus, it's an indirect fire weapon, making it easy to hit targets that are running away around corners or over obstacles.

But lastly, and most importantly, lots of people are good at hitting stickies on target now, and because the weapon is so horridly forgiving, this means that a good Demoman has little trouble destroying lots of people very quickly.

I think the sticky launcher should have a significantly reduced blast radius and slightly reduced damage. This would make the weapon less forgiving and more balanced.

I very much agree with this and quite a few of us think stickies should only detonate when they're on surfaces.

Twig

Banned
Xizk said:
Yesterday when on cp_Well I killed Twig as a pyro and after that I taunted and got shot mid-taunt by a sniper D:
That's what you get! ):<

Only reason you killed me was 'cause it was a crit flame. I had plenty of health, and I was about to bonesaw your FACE.

EDIT: Wait why is everyone shooting Twig! Twig's a nice guy. Don't shoot Twig!

Davidion

Won said:
I will stab Twig.

We can even set him on fire. Then you can stab him, and Cheeto can shoot him, maybe Kak can blow him up.

Maybe Javaman can build a sentry on top of his corpse after we're done.

Won

ice cream said:
From SA forums:

I very much agree with this and quite a few of us think stickies should only detonate when they're on surfaces.

Everyone knows that the Demoman class is broken, but it works at the moment. Lets wait and see what Valve will do with the class with the Demoman update. Probably the next one anyway.

ice cream

Banned
Won said:
Everyone knows that the Demoman class is broken, but it works at the moment. Lets wait and see what Valve will do with the class with the Demoman update. Probably the next one anyway.
It seems like they're doing in the order of least played, so I doubt demomman will be next.

fallout

So, on goldrush, if we kill Twig on the tracks and the cart runs him over, does he die twice?

Also, is EviLore going to have to update the server before we can play on it?

ice cream said:

That wouldn't really affect anything. Shooting a sticky at people's feet is just as easy.

A solution would be to correlate the damage and explosive radius to the amount of time a sticky is left undetonated, so a quickly fired and detonated-in-the-air sticky would do little damage, and each second it sits on a surface it gains a little more power until after maybe five seconds it reaches it's full power (i.e. where it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom