• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

1-D_FTW said:
Added to my second edit, but CircleX is running just fine. Having all pyro vs pyro is not worth playing though. No achievements are obtainable and fighting is less than thrilling if nobody burns.

Hehe, figured that much. Will delay the farming to tomorrow afternoon probably. Today I want to see some reflected rockets.

1-D_FTW

I wonder if it has to do with only running stock maps/settings. All my favorites that are running fine (FPSBanana seems to be running fine too) seem to be custom free.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Lulz, I still don't even have all the medic achievements!
I'm using this opportunity to get both the uber-burn achievement and the heal-achievement achievement.

We'll see if it works out or not.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Crap, I just realized that when I reformatted I lost all tf2 local data (but whatever stats and achievements I've earned already are ok). It's going to be a slow climb for pyro achievements for me.

1-D_FTW

I love how blood_letter is using mod powers to warp all over to get his ax achievement and we're all circle jerking (when we're not dead and stuck in a loop) around.

The only time I'll be playing this game in the next week is if we coordinate a farming session.

Valve really took a stupid time to give a free weekend.

aznpxdd

1-D_FTW said:
I love how blood_letter is using mod powers to warp all over to get his ax achievement and we're all circle jerking (when we're not dead and stuck in a loop) around.

The only time I'll be playing this game in the next week is if we coordinate a farming session.

Valve really took a stupid time to give a free weekend.

I'm down for that.

Capndrake

Let's farm tomorrow or in the weekend. So far I got:

-Lumberjack
-Clearcutter (I noclipped for it because I just got admin status, sorry to all 6 victims)
-Freezer Burn
-OMGWTFBBQ
-Second Degree Burn
-Camp Fire

I think getting the deflecting projectiles, lighting up spies and water-related ones out of the way would be good.

Normally I don't farm (Except for a few of the more horrible Medic ones) but I never ever play Pyro and want these out of the way fast :(

1-D_FTW

I love how people are playing seriously on Bloodletter's server. Capturing flags when you have to constantly change teams whenever you die. It's screw around time. We had a bunch of people on 2fort and do you think everybody would jump in the lake and fight? Most people are running around with intel. OMG!

I realize intel's one of the achievements, but people were playing seriously as far as I could tell.

Capndrake said:
Let's farm tomorrow or in the weekend. So far I got:

-Lumberjack
-Clearcutter (I noclipped for it because I just got admin status, sorry to all 6 victims)
-Freezer Burn
-OMGWTFBBQ
-Second Degree Burn
-Camp Fire

I think getting the deflecting projectiles, lighting up spies and water-related ones out of the way would be good.

Yes. They'd be so easy.

Won

Got 8 so far with regular play on a server with class limits and tons of progress on other achievment. Should be easy this time even without farming.

Oh and Flare Gun looks underwhelming.

1-D_FTW

Wonder how many of my achievements actually took hold before Friend's list went down. Didn't show any of my newer achievements going though when I quit the server (despite popping on the screen), and now I can't even log in to check:(

Won said:
Got 8 so far with regular play on a server with class limits and tons of progress on other achievment. Should be easy this time even without farming.

Oh and Flare Gun looks underwhelming.

I suspected that. Seems like shotgun would be more useful for fleeing enemies. And it'd give you a projectile weapon while in water.

Won

1-D_FTW said:
Wonder how many of my achievements actually took hold before Friend's list went down. Didn't show any of my newer achievements going though when I quit the server (despite popping on the screen), and now I can't even log in to check:(

I suspected that. Seems like shotgun would be more useful for fleeing enemies. And it'd give you a projectile weapon while in water.

With "look" I mean it has a cheap effect. :p
Haven't seen anyone using it or gotten hit by it. So can't comment on "impact", but I hope it does some damage on hit or it will be pretty worthless with only 1 flare before reload.

Won said:
With "look" I mean it has a cheap effect. :p
Haven't seen anyone using it or gotten hit by it. So can't comment on "impact", but I hope it does some damage on hit or it will be pretty worthless with only 1 flare before reload.
It deals about 30 dmg.

firex

Backburner is AWESOME. The reflect thing isn't that worthwhile anyway (outside of farming achievements and an awesome kill icon) so it's arguably the one "replacement" weapon like the Blutsaugher was for the medic pack. It makes ambushes... well, actually deadly.

Won

Damn the flare gun is......I will have a hard time to find a use for it......

But that was some nice revolver training for me on 2fort. :D

1-D_FTW

Only 3 more achievements for the backburner. Wanna get it before pyro gets nerfed, and he's gonna. Backburner is gonna make pyro God among boys.

Doytch

Deflecting projectiles isn't overpowered, but it doesn't matter because...

Backburner is really nice. :D

Flare Gun is shit, I won't use it.

For some reason, I can't connect to Love Me Sexy anymore. I can join any other server, but I get disconnected from that one. :(

EDIT: Looks I can finally rejoin after restarting Steam. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pyro was always my favorite class, so this update really got me into tf2 again. It's pretty hard to hit back rockets, so that's fine, but I do think they'll soon make it impossible to blow people back, or atleast people with uber.

25/38 achievements here, so I got everything. I love the backburner, but I didn't realize you lost the air compression with it, which I'm also loving. Decisions, decisions. :'(

Flare gun seems pretty useless, but maybe once people diverse their class the ignition from afar might kill stragglers. Axtingisher is the same deal, absolutely useless against pyros so I can't give an opinion on it yet.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I was hoping to get the Backburner before I go to sleep (only 1 measly achievement away!) but I'm dead tired.

The air compression doesn't really effect soldiers as much as that bullshit nerf they did in the recent update.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm starting to grow on the flare gun, I was able to shoot a scout running away and end him, if I had the shotgun he would have got away.

I also realized when I was playing 2fort earlier that if you use the pyro's new gear he's now incapable of doing jack shit underwater. :lol

Xater

As expected alot of Pyros running around now but it fun non the less. Was only able to try out one of the new maps so far, fastline I think, but it's not bad.

Can't wait what Valve will have in store for the Engineer.

Another positive thing that came with the update is that my TF2 is finally uncensored. :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really don't see the point of the Flare Gun. If it replaced the flamethrower it would be useful, but giving up the shotgun for it? That really limits any ability to do ranged damage...

1-D_FTW

Ysiadmihi said:
I really don't see the point of the Flare Gun. If it replaced the flamethrower it would be useful, but giving up the shotgun for it? That really limits any ability to do ranged damage...

Or if they made it do more damage than the shotgun. It seems the shotty is more powerful, fires a lot faster, and more versatile.

fallengorn said:
I was hoping to get the Backburner before I go to sleep (only 1 measly achievement away!) but I'm dead tired.

The air compression doesn't really effect soldiers as much as that bullshit nerf they did in the recent update.

That splash damage increase is significant. I wonder if all the nerfs are gonna finally drive people away. And how that's gonna affect the engineer. The major reason I started playing soldier was I didn't like having to wait on teammates to destroy sentries to break entrenchments. Instead of complaining how we were hemmed in and couldn't move, I decided I should be part of the solution.

Twig

Banned
You people make achievement farming way too boring.

"Hey stand there while I kill you. Thanks. Now I'll stand here while you kill me. Cool."

It's boring if you don't fight back. ):<

1-D_FTW

I subscribe to the it's just boring theory. And the sooner it's accomplished, the better.

EDIT: Especially since like most people, I've already accomplished most of these achievements previously. Why should I have to wait a while to unlock these things. I've already did it.

I'm gonna try and farm enough for backburner this afternoon on the gaf server. I'd like to get quick things like: Ignite a soldier rocket jumping and have 10 people jump into water to extinguish themselves (Just lightly torching somebody at the edge of water and having them rinse and repeat should be quick.)

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
And the sooner it's accomplished, the better.
Boring. Extremely fucking boring.

I'd rather have 12 pyros killing 12 pyros in a massive chaotic match where you're trying for the achievements but the other team isn't just going to GIVE them to you.

But no. All anyone wants to do is line up against the wall.

Won

TheOneGuy said:
Boring. Extremely fucking boring.

I'd rather have 12 pyros killing 12 pyros in a massive chaotic match where you're trying for the achievements but the other team isn't just going to GIVE them to you.

But no. All anyone wants to do is line up against the wall.

You don't get any achievements that way. Nothing to ignite there!

But yeah I'm up in an hour for some farming on the gaf server. Hope some EU players will join. Just want the easy ones out of the way.

Twig

Banned
Won said:
You don't get any achievements that way. Nothing to ignite there!
Yeah, fine. Have some people go scout and spy and soldier and whatever else, then. The only thing I object to is people letting me do it. It's not really a matter of pride. "hay guys i got all achievements legitimately!" It's just that I play the game to have fun, and farming isn't fun! D:

But hey, all I have to do is wait a week and everyone will be done being boring.

Ysiadmihi said:
I strongly disagree. Part of the reason people might not think the Flare Gun is that useful is because everyone is an inflammable Pyro right now but fire lasts so long and ticks away at your health so much that lighting someone on fire really forces them to seek out water/health. It's really useful and the shotgun is never powerful enough that you'd want to do anything with it as it is. If you can't close the flamethrower range gap on an opponent you shouldn't attack as a Pyro.

I have the first two weapons unlocked. Axetinguisher isn't even appealing to me so who knows when that'll open up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom