• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done playing my first rounds. Runs sweet, using a core2duo e6750, 2gb ram, 7950gt under XP pro. The look of the game is getting much attention, but the gameplay is absolutely polished and has that old TF "feeling", imo. If anyone is sitting on the fence, it really is so worth it. Now, gotta get back to the game! :D

Devo

140.85 said:
-map_background none -novid +map none -console

worked for me
I'll try this.

On another note... I actually made it into the game at 800x600 with a fan propped right up to my case. I think it's overheating or something... I'll investigate if this doesn't help

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Quellex said:
The spy vs engineer wars are fucking hilarious. It's like it's own war.

I think that is my favourite part of the game, defending my turrets and dispensers agaisnt those pesky spies, its so funny when a spy with your own name comes up and tries it, or the spies that just stare at you for a while waiting for their chance but you just kill them with the wrench :lol

Proven

Nothing is working for me still. Jeez, I've tried just about every launch option combination I've seen and I still can't get it to not stutter.

firex

played it a bit and I don't like pyro as much as I thought I would. so instead I've switched to demoman as my main guy... tons of fun. I still haven't built my new system, though, so I'm in a world of hurt running it. It likes to crash a lot, especially if I try to change some of the video settings (I want to get rid of my AA and reduce my AF, but whenever I try the game crashes).

jet1911

66syc6w.jpg

Maybe I'll be able to play in three weeks. :/

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
What are the Orange Box games going to look/play like on a 1.8GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, X1650XT 256MB?

Carl2282

everyone know you can screen cap by pressing f5 right?
the game is sooo much fun, Dont forget to add me to your friends lists Carl2282 :D
heres some screens I took just now
romaislookinggood.jpg

p1kn1cislookinggood_0000.jpg

p1kn1cislookinggood.jpg

hollywoodislookinggood.jpg

cp_dustbowl0000.jpg

sidislookinggood.jpg

it looks so much better at 1680x1050 :D

epmode

Incredible game.

About the only suggestion I have is to reduce the clutter in the spectator modes (including after a death). I'd love a HUD-free option.

Quellex said:
The spy vs engineer wars are fucking hilarious. It's like it's own war.
I think it was Queens Own and I went back and forth planting and disarming the device like 10 times in a row. He was standing in front of my turrent planting the device and I was standing behind it disarming it. Eventually I beat him with my wrench.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
This game has exceeded my fun expectations. Unbelievably good. I can't believe it's beta, I've seen gold games with less bugs. Aside from the random disconnects (that seem to have ended) I haven't had any glitches. My brand new copy of Skate for the 360 is already gathering dust. :lol

ggnoobIGN

Banned
RedDwarf said:
This game has exceeded my fun expectations. Unbelievably good. I can't believe it's beta, I've seen gold games with less bugs. l
Well, the thing is, the game has already gone gold. But this is the beta.

Yeah, I'm confused to, ask Valve.

Victrix

*beard*
I can't believe I have so much fun playing a Medic

going on a rampage with Ubercharge is just hilarious, and you wind up dominating half the enemy team

Finding a skilled Medic is actually pretty hard, if I'm not playing with my friends, you need someone who moves intelligently and is very aggressive with uber, and with following, leading, or hiding as needed - easier when you're sitting on vc with a friend for sure.

Heavy/Soldier/Pyro is SO much more effective when backed by one though

Bunny

i'm one of the unlucky souls that can't play this game due to loading and connecting crashes : / ...this game looks so fun.

Me, Quellex, Frag, Eman, Teepo, and some others all wound up on the same server and had some GREAT games. Even did the "win well in 5 minutes" thing.

623c5d4.jpg

4v5o2h1.jpg

birdman

Wow @ everything so far. I can't wait till the 360 version comes out. October can't get here any sooner. Necessary day 1 purchase.

Teknopathetic said:
Me, Quellex, Frag, Eman, Teepo, and some others all wound up on the same server and had some GREAT games. Even did the "win well in 5 minutes" thing.

http://i17.tinypic.com/623c5d4.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.tinypic.com/4v5o2h1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]After playing TF2 all night, I've come to the opinion that the sharing, when credit is due, for kills, points, and captures in FPS multi-player games should be required in every game from this point forward. It's about freaking time some developer did this.

Oh that and the all out sudden death in the end when things are tied, that is seriously like the best part of every map when everyone goes all out.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This game is absoloutely beautiful. Like one of the best looking games i've ever played.

Art>Tech is all very good, but Art+Tech with a giant splatter of class and personality makes for a freakin gorgeous game.

Sniping is kinda too easy on some maps, 2fort especially, kinda get the damage/headshot system was more designed with the 360 in mind.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
demoman is serious pwnage if u know what u are doing. Even offensively, the ability to fuck shit up around corners is invaluable.
Amen to that.

I wish the pipebombs weren't sticky though for easy uses around corners. I am a master in TFC at being a stealth demo.

Teknopathetic said:

Good times. I was getting a lot of assists healing you. :lol

artist

Banned
89% Done.

Got home and found out my ISP was ****ing down for the whole day, I came home thinking it would be all preloaded and I was set .. Looks like it'll be done in another half an hour, that is if my if my ISP doesnt **** up again.

Are there any GAF servers out there?

pxleyes

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
And I'm the Demoman that kept blowing you up (you kept trying to snipe on that path up to the cliff)!

I know. Damn you. If I only had more backup. I got rid of almost all of those sentries though and those damn engineers. So many on your team.

"I wish the pipebombs weren't sticky though for easy uses around corners. I am a master in TFC at being a stealth demo."

If sticky bombs weren't sticky, demo man would have zerrrrrrrrrro chance at surviving a close range encounter, though. At least with sticky bombs you could (assuming your opponent's dumb) lead them around to a nasty sticky bomb trap or (assuming your opponent's smart), get them to back off and give you distance for the grenade launcher's best range.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Played for a few hours, its awesome, my favorite class has to be the spy, i just LOVE "acting" that im coming from a corner but in reverse, making them think im backing from an enemy, get behind their lines, STAB, cloak, run away :p

The game crashed twice so far, not too shabby for a beta.

I might cave in soon and order it on Stream instead of waiting for the box copy.

and I need to go hook up my old mouse, this MX Revolution is horrible for playing games and ever since I have been using it, I have barely been playing PC games, it is evil...if only browsing gaf wasnt so good with it.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
The 1280x800 were taken on on a 7900GT with some details off, the 1280x720s were taken on an 8800GTX w/ everything on, 8X MSAA + 16X AF.

TF2_07.jpg

TF2_06.jpg

TF2_05.jpg

TF2_04.jpg

TF2_03.jpg

TF2_02.jpg

TF2_01.jpg

Anyone know how to turn off all HUD display when taking screenshots?

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
I enjoy killing... Tre`, quellex and beating the crap out of Illuminati's sentry guns...

You might have wrenched me but I killed your sentry!! muahahaha

TheQueen'sOwn said:
I enjoy killing... Tre`, quellex and beating the crap out of Illuminati's sentry guns...

You might have wrenched me but I killed your sentry!! muahahaha
That was freaking hilarious. When we were playing I was like wtf, why do my sentry guns keep getting shorted out, there is only a HW from my team in the area. Damn bastard spy!

Is it new, but did anyone notice that when someone is talking on a mic and you are underwater their voice sounds like an underwater garbled voice? Perhaps it is just my speakers crapping out.

Jirotrom

No_Style said:
Best class based and team based MP PC game in a long time.

Any GAFers run in to me?

SteamID: No_Style

No.
really, damn that sucks. my 9800 XT can do 1080p, not at the highest settings :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom