• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to change the controls of Team Fortress 2 so that I can use all the numbers on the numpad? As of now the game only recognizes 1 - 5, and that's only because I assigned them for weapon swapping...

Capndrake said:
Somebody's found what seems to be the taunt that the Medic should be making when he taunts with the Medigun and just stands still while talking:

medictauntzt5.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbPCF_Y59M
Looks really awkward. :lol

rakka

Capndrake said:
Somebody's found what seems to be the taunt that the Medic should be making when he taunts with the Medigun and just stands still while talking:

medictauntzt5.gif
:lol

though i'm wondering why/how it was left out?

fallout

Volcynika said:
There's a custom map that is a PL version of dustbowl. Kinda interesting.
SenseiJinx said:
There's a custom pl_dustbowl map out there. Its actually pretty neat! I guess the GAF servers don't have it, but it comes up from time to time on the ones I play on (the TeamFortress2Fort.com servers).
Ooh. Thanks Jinx and Volcanolichking I'll have to check that out.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Volcynika said:
Sniping killing sprees are always so fun :D

Only person that got me was DAMNABLE WON.

But other than that, it was great.

:< You stopped me a bunch until right at the end when I got my revenge on you and your engie. :mad:

Won backstabbed me on something ridiculous. All i know is that a team mate or two of mine dropped, and I turned the corner and went sailing from the backstab. ;_; I didn't even see him.

Volcynika

Oldschoolgamer said:
:< You stopped me a bunch until right at the end when I got my revenge on you and your engie. :mad:

Won backstabbed me on something ridiculous. All i know is that a team mate or two of mine dropped, and I turned the corner and went sailing from the backstab. ;_; I didn't even see him.

Stuff like this makes me wish you could have some stats on friends, like how many times they killed you, vice versa, and etc.

fallout

zoku88 said:
Can someone post the IP of the non-official server we usually use?

I kinda lost it >.>
69.90.34.11:27015

It's apparently shutting down on July 28th, though. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Yaweee

Is it me or are the medic achievements way harder to get than the Pyro ones? I've gotten 15 of the Pyro ones (but no backburner?) in about 4 hours of play, but I'm progressing very very slowly with the medic. Nobody I ubers gets the number of kills that they need =(

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Stuff like this makes me wish you could have some stats on friends, like how many times they killed you, vice versa, and etc.
NO.

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES KAK HAS KILLED ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Yaweee said:
Is it me or are the medic achievements way harder to get than the Pyro ones? I've gotten 15 of the Pyro ones (but no backburner?) in about 4 hours of play, but I'm progressing very very slowly with the medic. Nobody I ubers gets the number of kills that they need =(
Medic achievements are significantly harder. I got all of mine through regular play, though, so it's not impossible! (Well, enough to unlock the ubersaw, anyway.) (Also, where regular play = attack medic.)

firex

Medic achievements were the first batch, and being built around a class that's a support class, they're... really badly done. It's a mix of crazy crap and wasting ubers on classes that don't need it (like scouts or demoman) and needing a perfect storm of crap to unlock achievements.

Grifter

For the "uber 2 at once" achievement, do you have to keep switching for the duration of the uber?

Some of these makes me sad. Uber a heavy for punching? Kill 5 guys when uber is up without activating? Medic's my most played class and I really want the bonesaw.

GG in gravelpit just now.

Capndrake

Love Me Sexy West Coast test server: 70.185.183.229:27020

blood is a bit busy so the old server might be going, but instead he's made a new west coast one on another computer. So come and play, we're on it now.

Twig

Banned
firex said:
Medic achievements were the first batch, and being built around a class that's a support class, they're... really badly done. It's a mix of crazy crap and wasting ubers on classes that don't need it (like scouts or demoman) and needing a perfect storm of crap to unlock achievements.
uhhhhhhhhhhhh

wat

Ysiadmihi

Banned
firex said:

:lol

Volcynika

firex said:
Medic achievements were the first batch, and being built around a class that's a support class, they're... really badly done. It's a mix of crazy crap and wasting ubers on classes that don't need it (like scouts or Kak as a demoman) and needing a perfect storm of crap to unlock achievements.

That's better.

firex

demo doesn't need an uber. they have winbombs. when you get 8 of them in a single spot it creates an explosion bigger than the payload at the end of goldrush.

Won

Capndrake said:

blood is a bit busy so the old server might be going, but instead he's made a new west coast one on another computer. So come and play, we're on it now.

But no one likes the West Coast.

Still hoping EviLore opens his heart and opens up the server.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
firex said:
demo doesn't need an uber. they have winbombs. when you get 8 of them in a single spot it creates an explosion bigger than the payload at the end of goldrush.

It's sad that people really believe stuff like this.

Speaking of Won: that backstabbing spree on the first stage of Goldrush the other day was ridiculous. He backstabbed at least 4 of us immediately after the gates opened and I didn't even see him hide before that. Nor anyone else, actually.

Grifter said:
For the "uber 2 at once" achievement, do you have to keep switching for the duration of the uber?

Some of these makes me sad. Uber a heavy for punching? Kill 5 guys when uber is up without activating? Medic's my most played class and I really want the bonesaw.

GG in gravelpit just now.
I suggest boosting for those. While a decent amount of them can be achieved through regular play, many of them force you to play as a bad medic in order to unlock them.

Capndrake said:

200+ ping... Guess I won't be playing on that one.

Won said:
But no one likes the West Coast.

Still hoping EviLore opens his heart and opens up the server.
I don't think he even knows that we would still like to play on it. Still can't access the server ever since one of the recent TF2 updates. Someone should notify him.

firex

Ysiadmihi said:
It's sad that people really believe stuff like this.
I really should've just said that the "uber a demo and scout" achievements are shit, and not that ubering a demo is actually bad.

firex

that was really fun earlier. I got tabbed out of the game and it messed up for me when I went back in, but I needed to fix some lunch anyway.

Volcynika

Some guy earlier made me :lol . He brought the intel back in 2fort to the sewers, told our team where it was and to go get it. I finally can make a break and get it. Then he starts spamming the chatbox saying I stole it from him and etc and insulting me. Luckily, bloodletter kicked him to the curb.

Also, we didn't win the last goldrush because we had like 7 support class people at once.....or something. D:

Oldschoolgamer

I wish I took a screencap earlier. That haydouken was for all of those backstabs won! :lol

Right when I got ubered my folks came in waving something in my face like "HEY HEY LISTEN! LOOK LISTEN HEY HEY". I ended up wasting the uber, killing only one person, and dieing a horrible death. :/

Fun games all around.

DyTonic

Banned
Volcynika said:
Some guy earlier made me :lol . He brought the intel back in 2fort to the sewers, told our team where it was and to go get it. I finally can make a break and get it. Then he starts spamming the chatbox saying I stole it from him and etc and insulting me. Luckily, bloodletter kicked him to the curb.

Also, we didn't win the last goldrush because we had like 7 support class people at once.....or something. D:

Don't you only get 2 point for intel caps =/. Anyway I was playing lazytown map earlier and I have to say there are a lot of retards who play on that map/server. Four Engineers, one working teleporter and medics saving ubers for no reason at all. Snipers who think they are good only getting one kill every 10 mins....

I think every team needs a leader because I'm tired of playing games where no one is working together or listening to each other.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really hope they nerf the Medic + Backburner combo. The weapon by itself is fine, but when you add a Medic it becomes plain stupid.

Volcynika

DyobolikaL. said:
Don't you only get 2 point for intel caps =/. Anyway I was playing lazytown map earlier and I have to say there are a lot of retards who play on that map/server. Four Engineers, one working teleporter and medics saving ubers for no reason at all. Snipers who feel like they are good only getting one kill every 10 mins....

I think every team needs a leader because I'm tired of playing games where no one is working together or listening to each other.

I've actually had some great runs as sniper earlier (oldschool can vouch for it!), but even after I'm at the top of the leaderboard and doing great, new teammates start picking snipers, and since they won't pick something else, I usually opt to change to another class. D:

Doytch

Shit that Granary match was fun. Probably my best as Pyro. At one point I think I had like 5-6 people dominated. :lol

I've actually had some great runs as sniper earlier (oldschool can vouch for it!), but even after I'm at the top of the leaderboard and doing great, new teammates start picking snipers, and since they won't pick something else, I usually opt to change to another class. D:

Last night, Goldrush pt1, front house, you sniped me while I was jumping off the balcony. I actually said "wow", and felt cheated. :lol

Won

Doytch said:
Shit that Granary match was fun. Probably my best as Pyro. At one point I think I had like 5-6 people dominated. :lol
No that was horrible...we had an Engineer, who never moved his SG forward and 4 Pyros against Medic supported Heavies.

Oh and Oldshoolgamer went up on my stab list! You don't taunt kill me, while I'm typing!

Volcynika

Doytch said:

Last night, Goldrush pt1, front house, you sniped me while I was jumping off the balcony. I actually said "wow", and felt cheated. :lol

I sniped nob the jumping heavy, and I can't believe I nailed him with a headshot :lol

DyTonic

Banned
I think 2 snipers is good enough or just 1, but we had like 5. The pyros just run and burn shit up and don't even take time to spy check and we lost like 4 sents in 1 spy sweep. From now on I'll stick to warpath and goldrush.

Oldschoolgamer

Volcynika said:

Yea, Volcynika was owning it up today. I forget which stages, but he was in the lead as a sniper on his side, and me as a pyro on mine. Shit was tense! I kept seeing his red dot all over the damn place. :/

I'm disappointed I couldn't finish that last match on granary. I got a video editing assignment dropped in front of my face, literally.

Won said:
No that was horrible...we had an Engineer, who never moved his SG forward and 4 Pyros against Medic supported Heavies.

Oh and Oldshoolgamer went up on my stab list! You don't taunt kill me, while I'm typing!

THIS IS WAR!!!!!

:mad:

Volcynika said:
I sniped nob the jumping heavy, and I can't believe I nailed him with a headshot :lol

You nail some of the most ridiculous shots I've seen. o_O

I did get the chance to lol when I sniped one dude in the foot and killed him. :lol

n0b

Volcynika said:
Yeah, that was annoying. Shotgun is not very good for fighting off snipers. :mad:

23w75zt.jpg

OH GOD THE CRABS HAVE A BOMB! D:

Sciz

Fun games tonight, everyone. MicVlaD, you are welcome to heal me any time, unless I happen to be perforating you instead. Won, you keep your blasted knife out of my back. :mad:

On the plus side, I dominated kak six or seven times. :D

That match on Granary was indeed awesome. The enemy kept pushing us back (and I constantly had to look behind me because of Won >:[), yet somehow we got out and made a push to the final point. Twice. Kind of exhilarating from our side, to say the least.

Dustbowl match was also pretty fun. Had some fun suicide runs as a Medic there (Java among others can attest to that).

Sciz

Volcynika said:
Sciz made me his bitch, I think he was the person that killed me the most.

:(
That's entirely possible, though I don't honestly remember running into you much. If you were a pyro, they all pretty much just blended together for me. On the other hand, I was usually too busy looking out for Won to really pay attention to the kill messages anyway. :lol

MicVlaD said:
That match on Granary was indeed awesome. The enemy kept pushing us back, yet somehow we got out and made a push to the final point. Twice. Kind of exhilarating from our side, to say the least.
No kidding. We're just lucky they never managed a strong push on our final point. Those were probably the most balanced teams I've seen on Granary that didn't end in a stalemate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom