• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know, it's superold but I shat my pants watching this yesterday

mostawesomegifever.gif

rakka

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed rcon crash caused by too many incorrect password attempts
* Fixed clients experiencing connection problems during round restarts
* Fixed flares not always being removed on impact
* Fixed 32 player servers not working correctly with SourceTV enabled
* Fixed dropped flags sometimes falling through the world
* Fixed number key menu input sending 2 key events
* Fixed PING field being clipped in the scoreboard at 800x600 resolution
* Fixed broken Medigun taunt
* Changed mat_showmiplevels to only be allowed when cheats are on
thank god, that bug was annoying me

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dear god. All of the heavies. I felt bad for sumner because he was such an awesome medic, and I kept running into TWO heavies side by side with miniguns spinning. D:

eznark

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
Dear god. All of the heavies. I felt bad for sumner because he was such an awesome medic, and I kept running into TWO heavies side by side with miniguns spinning. D:

what the hell was going on, did the heavy achievements already come out?!?

rakka

Zyzyxxz said:
you play at 800x600? ..........
800x600 in a window yes :] i used to play at 640x480 but not any more

What servers do you guys play on, haven't been in a game with anyone from here.
LMS @ 69.90.34.11:27015
LMS New, IP is somewhere in last couple pages
official gaf server but evilore has to fix something i believe
the 2f2f servers
etc

Steel is a lot fun to play, once you get a group of people that know the map. Pretty confusing at first, but there are big signs and arrows everywhere. It's not that difficult to learn.

I played it in a pick up game once...we decided that the eight of use would try to scout rush E at the beginning of the match. Turns out they had a sentry set up at B that stopped us dead in our tracks, and killed most of us. The rest of the game went downhill from there! We never even capped A.

celpacius

so i just bought this game off of steam.

and i am liking it but not that much. part of the reason im not liking it as much is that i dont like playing fps with the wasd keys and the mouse. and in steam, it clearly states that this game supports a gamepad.

so i see this, and i go "hey, i will buy this! im a console player at heart and this game supports a gamepad! sign me up!"

not my problem is, i got evetything mapped out perfectly to my desires on my sixaxis. i got everything mapped out just fine except probably the most important part of the game - the aiming.

i cant find anything on the options page about customizing the aiming or mapping it out on the right analog. now my question is, is there a sure-shot way of mapping this out? i really wanna play this game now but i just dont like the mouse and wasd keys. i know its probably best to learn this way of playing, but i simply dont like it and i want to stick to a gamepad.

so is there a way of mapping it?

n0b

Sciz said:
So n0b, just how many running backstabs did I nail you with in that Badlands game? :lol
I don't really know, but seriously you worried me a lot more as spy than you did as heavy.

Oldschoolgamer

eznark said:
what the hell was going on, did the heavy achievements already come out?!?

I have no clue. Every time I took one down, another was in his place.

Also, running beside Sciz when he was playing heavy, was like walking beside fucking Rambo. He walked from the beginning of that stage all the way to the fucking end without dieing. I wish I had that recorded. :lol

Cheeto

celpacius said:
so i just bought this game off of steam.

and i am liking it but not that much. part of the reason im not liking it as much is that i dont like playing fps with the wasd keys and the mouse. and in steam, it clearly states that this game supports a gamepad.

so i see this, and i go "hey, i will buy this! im a console player at heart and this game supports a gamepad! sign me up!"

not my problem is, i got evetything mapped out perfectly to my desires on my sixaxis. i got everything mapped out just fine except probably the most important part of the game - the aiming.

i cant find anything on the options page about customizing the aiming or mapping it out on the right analog. now my question is, is there a sure-shot way of mapping this out? i really wanna play this game now but i just dont like the mouse and wasd keys. i know its probably best to learn this way of playing, but i simply dont like it and i want to stick to a gamepad.

so is there a way of mapping it?
It should automatically map to the right stick, so long as you have "Enable Gamepad" enabled in the mouse tab. Is their software that drives a sixaxis on PC? You might want to make sure that is configured correctly as well.
Also
use a mouse, you're going to get slaughtered using a gamepad

celpacius

Cheeto said:
It should automatically map to the right stick, so long as you have "Enable Gamepad" enabled in the mouse tab. Is their software that drives a sixaxis on PC? You might want to make sure that is configured correctly as well.
Also
use a mouse, you're going to get slaughtered using a gamepad

i enabled the gamepad option but the aiming isnt mapped out to the right stick at all.

and i had to download some thing off the web to get the sixaxis working in my pc. though, now that im thinking about it, does tf2 support the sixaxis or do i need some generic gamepad from an eb?

though shouldnt any gamepad that connects with a usb work?

and i dont mind getting sluaghtered part, i just have a lot more fun with shooters if im playing on a pad.

ice cream

Banned
Haha celpacius, no offense but you're probably gonna get shouted out on all the severs with people calling you noob etc because of your innacurate and possible slow aiming... plus you lose all the fast hot keys.

Cheeto

celpacius said:
i enabled the gamepad option but the aiming isnt mapped out to the right stick at all.

and i had to download some thing off the web to get the sixaxis working in my pc. though, now that im thinking about it, does tf2 support the sixaxis or do i need some generic gamepad from an eb?

though shouldnt any gamepad that connects with a usb work?

and i dont mind getting sluaghtered part, i just have a lot more fun with shooters if im playing on a pad.
Hmm, looking into it I tried using my 360 pad to control the game and ran into the same problem. I know there are people that use gamepads in TF2, so I know it's possible there is probably a missing step somewhere however. I'd check the steam forums. Again, though, I highly suggest you try to use the mouse instead.

Sciz

n0b said:
I don't really know, but seriously you worried me a lot more as spy than you did as heavy.
Heh heh. I'm no Won, but I can pull off a competent game of Spy as long as the other team isn't too good about spychecking. It's certainly more fun to drive a knife into your back than it is to get into another one of our usual health-draining minigun showdowns.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I have no clue. Every time I took one down, another was in his place.

Also, running beside Sciz when he was playing heavy, was like walking beside fucking Rambo. He walked from the beginning of that stage all the way to the fucking end without dieing. I wish I had that recorded. :lol
It was just a matter of every single GAF heavy player being on at once and sticking together, I think. When the heavy achievements actually do come out, I'm going to be really torn between going straight for them or having a field day backstabbing the inevitable horde of heavies, medics, and snipers. :lol

And I love attacking Gold Rush when RED doesn't bother setting up any sentries or playing sniper. It's a literal walk in the park, with guns blazing all the way. We were like half a second from actually pushing it straight from start to finish, too. :(

And speaking of spies and things I wish were recorded, I'd love to have a demo of Volcynika and I capping the last point of Castle. I wasn't even thinking about teamwork at the time, but we were nothing if not efficient. :D

n0b

Sciz said:
Heh heh. I'm no Won, but I can pull off a competent game of Spy as long as the other team isn't too good about spychecking. It's certainly more fun to drive a knife into your back than it is to get into another one of our usual health-draining minigun showdowns.
Yeah, its pretty easy to tell who is going to win those, its just the first one that was firing at the other one. I honestly wouldn't say Won is that far above you either, but maybe you were just targeting me to mess with me. Won usually doesn't bug me, I find fights with him entertaining, but you just kept killing me. :(

Volcynika

Yeah, me and Sciz were an awesome spy/sniper team. :D

And I did so well tonight, though I think McVlad is a teeeeeeeensy bit annoyed at me :lol

Sciz

I've never intentionally targeted you (yet). You just tend to leave your back available at convenient times. :lol

Oldschoolgamer

Volcynika Strikes Back
21o96bk.jpg

Demoman Destruction :O
vdnj8.jpg

We defended our asses off in that round. I know the blue team was getting more than annoyed with all of the sticky grenades I had placed everywhere. This was the best I've done in a while. Came away with like 40 something kills towards the end. Most I did on one life. :D That was a great game.

Volcynika shot me in the hand and killed me one round. :lol

Volcynika

Oldschoolgamer said:

:lol

Yeah, I did it to someone else in Goldrush. He was in the upper area, and I saw his hand on his gun. Boom! Dead. I also shot a scout in the ankle and killed him.

I still can't believe how I was able to crit all 3 of you guys with the backburner in Granary today. All I did was just hide on the barrel next to our 2nd CP and went away from my PC for 2 mins. I come back expecting to be at the spawn, but I'm still at the CP. 3 BLUs are cappin the point so I just rush in and crit all of them with their backs turned!!! :lol :lol

Twig

Banned
Seiken said:
I know, it's superold but I shat my pants watching this yesterday

mostawesomegifever.gif
Every time I come back in this thread and see that...

I can make it almost all the way through, but the explosion at the end just brings it all home. BOOM.

Hahahaha.

Davidion

Oldschoolgamer said:
We defended our asses off in that round. I know the blue team was getting more than annoyed with all of the sticky grenades I had placed everywhere. This was the best I've done in a while. Came away with like 40 something kills towards the end. Most I did on one life. :D That was a great game.

Nice scores. Are you two the new masters of GAF TF2 now?

I don't play for a few days and a whole new vanguard takes over. Damn. :lol

Volcynika

Davidion said:

I had over 100 points one round before I left. I pissed off many a heavy and sniper and engie (lol McVlad). If you need a good sniper, get me on your team! Or Bunny. Bunny's pretty great at it too.

Oldschoolgamer

Davidion said:

That wasn't even the end of the round. Volcynika had the highest on his team, and I had around 60 something. That was amazing. :lol

Volcynika

McVlad hunted me down so much at the end of one of the goldrush rounds, everywhere I turned, he blew me up. He had to get his revenge. D:

Firestorm

Noticed this guy added some other GAFfers as well.

Help Bot: Hello this is an automated BOT powered by Steam™ Support.
Help Bot: We believe someone has logged into your account from a remote location untraceable; to revoke this from happening again we require you to acknowledge you’re the correct account owner of this account.
Help Bot: You can simply do this by first stating the USERNAME this account is using. By doing this you are providing us with some knowledge about this account.
Help Bot: Not following direct instructions by Steam™ Support, or not have any proof that you are the rightful owner of this account. The account will be LOCKED as part of a standard procedure until the rightful owner is found
Help Bot: You can simply do this by first stating the USERNAME this account is using. By doing this you are providing us with some knowledge about this account.
Firestorm: You know. The smart thing would be to type that shit out instead of copy pasting.
Firestorm: Dumbass.
Help Bot: this is a bot
Help Bot: dumbass
Firestorm: XD
Firestorm: That sorta ruined the illusion tbqh :(
Help Bot: ok
Firestorm: Ok. Want to start from the top?
Firestorm: Let's pretend this never happened. Try again.
Help Bot: so i start
Help Bot: or n ot
Help Bot: not*
Firestorm: Actually, I was in the middle of watching a show. We can do it later?
Help Bot: yer
Firestorm: Ok. Thanks.
Help Bot: have a good time watching the show

Sciz

Volcynika said:
If you need a good sniper, get me on your team! Or Bunny. Bunny's pretty great at it too.
I hate trying to deal with either of you when you're sniping. Such ridiculous accuracy. :(

Sciz said:
And speaking of spies and things I wish were recorded, I'd love to have a demo of Volcynika and I capping the last point of Castle. I wasn't even thinking about teamwork at the time, but we were nothing if not efficient. :D
Yes. I walk out from my dispenser-sentry spot with the intention of repairing my teleporter exit on the bridge. I see something out of the corner of my eye, but it has red clothes so I don't turn immediately. Before I can, I spot Volcynika at the base of the ramp right as he headshots me. Sciz proceeds to sap my stuff and the two of them cap the point. Amazing. :lol

Won said:
So the Spy has now an "animationless" taunt while he is disguised? Awesome!
I'm pretty sure he always has. Or does he say something now?

Won

LouieGeetoo said:
I'm pretty sure he always has. Or does he say something now?

Nothing happened after pressing the taunt button while disguised, now he zooms out and you can move the camera around, but he does nothing.

Or my game was bugged till today.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
:lol :lol At MicVlad trying to get me back to play yesterday night after the server reboot.

Me: Gotta go to sleep
Him : SLEEP LATER!!!! ME EUROPEAN TOO!!!

:lol I wish I hadn't had to wake up early today but now the fridge is full so I'll be available for a few games tonight.

Cheeto

Won said:
Nothing happened after pressing the taunt button while disguised, now he zooms out and you can move the camera around, but he does nothing.

Or my game was bugged till today.
I noticed that too, the taunt button did nothing before, but now it freezes you for the duration of the would-be taunt.

Davidion

Mistouze said:
:lol :lol At MicVlad trying to get me back to play yesterday night after the server reboot.

Me: Gotta go to sleep
Him : SLEEP LATER!!!! ME EUROPEAN TOO!!!

:lol I wish I hadn't had to wake up early today but now the fridge is full so I'll be available for a few games tonight.

Wait, MicVlad is European? I've seen him playing TF2 after 8pm eastern time which means...he's playing this at 2-3 in the goddamn morning.

Might need an intervention. :lol

n0b

Davidion said:
Wait, MicVlad is European? I've seen him playing TF2 after 8pm eastern time which means...he's playing this at 2-3 in the goddamn morning.

Might need an intervention. :lol
I asked him last night and he said 6:30am, and yesterday he said 3 something.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Hell, if I my fridge wasn't empty yesterday night I would have played up until 3AM CET! SLEEP LESS, PLAY MORE is a motto I can get behind :lol .

Btw what's the song playing when you get on the Love me Sexy server? The voice reminds me of Gemaine for Flight of the Conchord but I don't think its them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom