• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

MicVlaD said:
Negative. Still doesn't work over here:
Same here. However, I see this as an opportunity to post (Read: Brag with) my current stats (Oh god Sniper time):

tf2stats.png

(Longest time alive as Medic was some random glitch after I died as ENGINEER, and 28 kills as Medic was me grinding syringed Scout kills with GAFers, I should've remembered to kill myself every few kills)

Capndrake said:
Same here. However, I see this as an opportunity to post (Read: Brag with) my current stats (Oh god Sniper time):

(Longest time alive as Medic was some random glitch after I died as ENGINEER, and 28 kills as Medic was me grinding syringed Scout kills with GAFers, I should've remembered to kill myself every few kills)
So it's that time again , my stats haven't changed much except for sniper,and medic :
stats.jpg

I think it's safe to say the scars from achievement whoring will stay with me for life.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
152m6o4.jpg

I've played on there once before with a small group of people. Nothing like this though. This shit is really insane, especially when you have people spawn camping. It's hard not to die. An awesome ass place to hone sniping skills. A lot of people play scouts, and I've managed to kind of get the hang of taking them down. I think this is going to be my practice stage for learning to snipe better. I died to fucking much though. Nothing like Crit rockets from soldiers raining down into your spawn. :lol

The higher scores are obscene. I wasn't playing long and I don't think Sonic...was either. Still ridiculous. heh

zv3ji0.jpg

So messed up. :lol Sonicspear was over there too. I think they stayed inside for like a good five minutes, maybe even longer.

aw51xf.jpg

Capndrake

Try finding cp_mario_kart, it's amazing. RED's defense, BLU's offense. The middle building has a point which takes like 5 full minutes to capture if you're alone, both teams have a huge base instead of just a small spawn, there's flying buses and huge tanks, the warp pipes aren't connected but drop you on top of clouds super high up, you can shoot blocks in the sky to rain down explosive barrels, etc.

EDIT: Full map name is mario_kart_cp_a8_8f.

Sciz

15hjur6.jpg

My medic stats are clearly borked thanks to achievements, and my demo stats are a combination of helping with medic achievements and inadvertently hopping onto a server with edited rates for a moment. The legit point value isn't much lower though, somewhere in the high 20s.

Volcynika

I have 67 pts as a medic legitimately (amazingly enough). Mostly due to a very loooooooooooooong defense on Dustbowl 3 I think. I finally died because of a stupid mistake on my part. I just stayed back and healed, ubered when needed, then ran the hell back.

My kills however.......not so much.

D:

Capndrake said:
Try finding cp_mario_kart, it's amazing. RED's defense, BLU's offense. The middle building has a point which takes like 5 full minutes to capture if you're alone, both teams have a huge base instead of just a small spawn, there's flying buses and huge tanks, the warp pipes aren't connected but drop you on top of clouds super high up, you can shoot blocks in the sky to rain down explosive barrels, etc.

EDIT: Full map name is mario_kart_cp_a8_8f.
Yup, I played that. I think I still have that Mario Kart server in my history. The server I played on had random shit, like crit rockets coming from a normal shotgun, health increased to 30000+, low gravity, really low gravity (when that came up, the admin message was "Time for the dogfights guys!!")! :lol

Oldschoolgamer, it was tough being in the red spawn when all the blu heavies and soldiers started to spawn camp us. :lol

Twig

Banned
MicVlaD said:
After yesterday, I guess I might be one of the few people that actually likes cp_well. :[
I love CP Well.

We just have a bunch of people with bad taste on the GAF server.

BAAAAAAD TASTE.

Kifimbo

Looks like I'm the only one who like every single official map. Sure, some are a lot better, but I'm having fun on every single one.

Twig

Banned
Capndrake said:
I like all official maps except both ctf ones. Fastlane and Turbine are bad too. Mario Kart is fun as long as there's no snipers.
CTF Well is good. Fastlane is okay. Turbine is good.

Mario Kart is an atrocity. It was fun the first time. That's it.

BAD TASTE.

The new well is the best CTF map by far, and my favorite of all the official ones. Turbine is average at best; like just about any community map there's some degree of fun to be had, but it's just a really plain and boring layout.

Cheeto

Confidence Man said:
The new well is the best CTF map by far, and my favorite of all the official ones. Turbine is average at best; like just about any community map there's some degree of fun to be had, but it's just a really plain and boring layout.
I love CTF_well too...NO SERVER EVER PLAYS IT THOUGH :mad:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I hope Valve has a CTF map in the pipeline. PL and CP are great, but I like variety.

Speaking of which, are there any decent custom PL maps outside of pl_dustbowl?

Doytch

fallengorn said:
I hope Valve has a CTF map in the pipeline. PL and CP are great, but I like variety.

People say pl_dustbowl is pretty good, but I've never played it.

Volcynika

fallengorn said:

Haven't seen much, but I do know Valve is probably going to release a new one with the Heavy's achievements.

Won

This remindes me that I played around with Hammer this week a bit......and damn...mapping is so much more complicated for TF2 than for CS its not even funny....:(

Doytch said:
People say pl_dustbowl is pretty good, but I've never played it.

I remember loving it. I don't see it in many rotations though, so I only played a few times and can't recall many specifics. I seem to remember it being relatively easy to deliver the cart, but maybe the other team was shit.

Sciz

CP_Well and Hydro are the only officially released maps I genuinely dislike. Fastlane is just a cut above them. The rest are all good fun.

No Means Nomad said:
The problem with CTF_Well is that the final room is absolutely awful. It wasn't designed for CTF at all, it's way too big.
Big room -> hard to defend -> the intel keeps moving -> the game doesn't end in a stalemate all the time like 2fort.

A slight lack of defensibility is a good thing for CTF.

Capndrake

fallengorn said:

pl_mining (Huuuuuuuuge, one stage with like 7 points when it was released as "es" map before Goldrush was out, dunno if he changed it now since I believe you can only have 3 points per PL map) and pl_cave (Massively changed from es_cave, it's now set in a canyon-like area at dusk, it has 3 stages, plus the cart goes back since it's pl).

Cheeto

Capndrake said:
pl_mining (Huuuuuuuuge, one stage with like 7 points when it was released as "es" map before Goldrush was out, dunno if he changed it now since I believe you can only have 3 points per PL map) and pl_cave (Massively changed from es_cave, it's now set in a canyon-like area at dusk, it has 3 stages, plus the cart goes back since it's pl).
You can only have 3 points!? The final stage of GoldRush has, what, Five?

Capndrake

Mr.City said:
Oh?

It's been a while since I've played TF2. Did Steel ever get released?
It's now on the last version before the final release. cp_steel_b4. Has had some big revamps and additions, now has an intro movie like Valve maps, etc.

It's on FPSBanana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom