• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

firex said:
Maybe he means the unlockable for the Heavy should be a nerf minigun.

:p

No he is fine. Was just a bit boring, being on the same team with Sciz as his healer...and no one was trying to do something against him....but I'm not sure what the opposing team was doing anyway. :lol

rakka

Won said:

No he is fine. Was just a bit boring, being on the same team with Sciz as his healer...and no one was trying to do something against him....but I'm not sure what the opposing team was doing anyway. :lol
should have switched and backstabbed him :D

Despite being an uber scout it still pisses me off that I cannot beat a medic with a blutsauger. They recover more damage than I can do, bloody annoying, i have to run away from medics of all people, I've more chance of killing a heavy.

Won

MrPing1000 said:
Despite being an uber scout it still pisses me off that I cannot beat a medic with a blutsauger. They recover more damage than I can do, bloody annoying, i have to run away from medics of all people, I've more chance of killing a heavy.

I think most classes have this problem. Saw this on both ends in the medic vs pyro match up and I can't kill a medic as a spy with my revolver without a crit.

Sciz

Won said:

Oh, that game. RED was terrible, that's all. Any team with no sentries up at Dustbowl 2-2 is either very gutsy or very dumb, and they weren't doing well enough for it to be the former.

It could also be argued that with you having the kritz out, no one lived long enough to do anything about me in the first place.

rakka said:
should have switched and backstabbed him :D
Quiet, you. Won doesn't need more incentive to backstab me. D:

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Heavies need no nerf dammit hell they freaking need a buff! I say give them a laser gun like the one from Metal Slug and when it crits the laser gun ray would get bigger!

firex

I finally played pl_dustbowl and I like it. it's just as tough as regular dustbowl but it's cool how it funnels blu into a specific path, although that just makes it easier to set up defense for red.

Zyzyxxz

firex said:
I finally played pl_dustbowl and I like it. it's just as tough as regular dustbowl but it's cool how it funnels blu into a specific path, although that just makes it easier to set up defense for red.

seriously more people need to play it, IMO its well made

Capndrake

Volcynika said:
Been a bit of a slow weekend, so a random thought: If you could make a team of 12 Gaffers, who would you put on it with which classes?
Confidence Man: Soldier/Demo
Crushed (Does he count?): Pyro
Javaman: Engineer
kak: Demo/Engineer/Scout
n0b: Heavy/Medic
NoMeansNomad: Demo
puyo: Medic
rakka: Heavy
Sciz: Demo/Heavy
Volcynika: Soldier/Medic
Won: Pyro/Medic/Spy
Xizk: Sniper

Concept17

Not sure how many of you use skins or care for them... but I found these fairly humorous.

35528.jpg

StormyTheRabbit said:
I wish I could play, but every time I start TF2 it just keeps verifying the game files, no matter what I do.
Have you tried restarting steam? Aside from that, you should contact steam support in the meantime.

As far as the 12 people team thing, what map is this on?

PillowKnight said:
Have you tried restarting steam? Aside from that, you should contact steam support in the meantime.

Yup, restarted steam, reinstalled steam, actually reinstalled Windows due to a virus and it still doesn't work. I've tried talking to steam but their customer support sucks.

Volcynika

PillowKnight said:

You can make different situations depending on the map type (CTF, point cap, etc) if you want. Or map specific!

StormyTheRabbit said:
Yup, restarted steam, reinstalled steam, actually reinstalled Windows due to a virus and it still doesn't work. I've tried talking to steam but their customer support sucks.
I actually had good luck with their support, weird.

Scout - Zero
Soldier - Xzik/Stalker , Tough match up, there's a lot of good soldiers.
Pyro - Doytch/Tek
Demo : Confidence man/kak
Heavy : Sciz , although this match up would have been tougher if Loki still played.
Medic : Puyo/Won
Sniper - Rphilman
Engie - Jman

Capndrake

Have you tried right-clicking TF2 in the games list, going to Properties, Local Files and then verifying the integrity of the game cache?

(I know you say it does that automatically every time but maybe if you do it manually it'll help somehow)

Capndrake said:
Have you tried right-clicking TF2 in the games list, going to Properties, Local Files and then verifying the integrity of the game cache?

(I know you say it does that automatically every time but maybe if you do it manually it'll help somehow)

Yeah =\. I mean I'm not complaining because I got it for free, friend gifted it to me, and Gmod 10 still works fine. Just a shame I can't get on. If worst comes to worst, I'll just post my problem at the support area of Steam and complain until they do something.

StormyTheRabbit said:
Yeah =\. I mean I'm not complaining because I got it for free, friend gifted it to me, and Gmod 10 still works fine. Just a shame I can't get on. If worst comes to worst, I'll just post my problem at the support area of Steam and complain until they do something.
Do this, they got back to me within a day. You'll get an email when they do.

SyNapSe

Gully State said:
when do people usually play on the official neogaf TF2 servers? Currently it's empty.

never. really, just watch here for people looking to start a match that evening. Will likely happen on weekends.

Lizard

StormyTheRabbit said:

What kind of Anti-virus and firewall do you use? I had similar problems with my steam but then I kicked off my antivirus program (F-Secure Internet Security) from the computer and I haven't had a problem since.

I still can't get the hang of Badlands :/ Often get confused around the 3rd/4th point. I much prefer playing the new Fastlane map that has the basic layout.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
So are there still problems with the GAF server? If so, where's the most likely place to jump in for a game with GAFfers?

Also, feel free to add me on Steam, if you're ever up for a game. Ever. I've just jumped over to the lovely world of PC gaming after playing the hell out of TF2 on 360. It's....very different. More different than I expected, I must say.

Lizard said:
What kind of Anti-virus and firewall do you use? I had similar problems with my steam but then I kicked off my antivirus program (F-Secure Internet Security) from the computer and I haven't had a problem since.

NOD32, used TF2 before while it was on before it started acting up

Davidion

I just saw my steam rating, I'm down to 2.7 hours of TF2 for the last two weeks. :(

n0b said:
aww that would make him even slower. :( Won and Volkswagen would get so many easy kills.

You forgot the backarmor that takes 10 stabs to pry open.

Now if Villanova played as a sniper, however...

Won

MrPing1000 said:
1211173590870.jpg

heavy unlock.

How did he get there? He doesn't fit through anything on 2fort. Has he some kind of a shrink ability? And 2 Blutsauger? I can understand 1, but 2.....thats just over the top.
But most players won't use it anyway. Doesn't look like you can use your fists with this.
But nice balance idea there with the "can't shoot stuff in front of him" thing going on in this early design.

On a more serious note. Checked the TF2 stats yesterday and was acutal surprised that the heavy is so low in playtime. Looks like Valve chose the right class after all.

Twig

Banned
Quagm1r3 said:
TF2 was awesome tonight. It's always fun rolling with the GAF crew. Keep sending those invites guys!
I just want to say once more that you amuse me.

Your voice is amazingly hypnotic.

zer0das

Banned
MrPing1000 said:

Being a pyro in a wide open area against an enemy medic sucks too. Even in cramped areas the medic seems to win more than they should. Easy to fix it by nerfing the damage and keeping health regen the same, or just slowing down its firing rate a tad. But I doubt they will considering the scout has yet to get its unlockables, and I imagine that after the other classes get theirs it won't be quite as bad.

zer0das said:
Being a pyro in a wide open area against an enemy medic sucks too. Even in cramped areas the medic seems to win more than they should. Easy to fix it by nerfing the damage and keeping health regen the same, or just slowing down its firing rate a tad. But I doubt they will considering the scout has yet to get its unlockables, and I imagine that after the other classes get theirs it won't be quite as bad.

I look at it like this: for every minute that medic is spending time fighting you off he's not healing some damage class on the frontline, or building up an uber. /shrug

I'm happy to see idiot medics fighting.

gregor7777 said:
I look at it like this: for every minute that medic is spending time fighting you off he's not healing some damage class on the frontline, or building up an uber. /shrug

I'm happy to see idiot medics fighting.
Then again, any second a medic spends dead is also a second that he's not healing someone. If someone's not there to stop the pyro from attacking the medic, then the medic must attack.

I fully agree with this, the bluts needs a damage nerf badly. The health regen is already good enough as is. Such a change would also make it competitive with the old syringe gun, as opposed to flat out being better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom